They know something’s up.

by John Aquila 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

We have the convention this weekend and many JW families are arriving. One family that I’ve known for many years from New Mexico stopped by to visit my mom. He’s been an elder since the 80s. After the visit, I accompanied them to their vehicle and my mom stayed in the house. Before anyone got inside their vehicles, he shut everyone up and asked me,

“When are you coming back? You’re missing some great spiritual food in this time of the end.” The way he said it, I could tell he was trying to impress his family.

I don’t like confrontations anymore and I try very hard to avoid talking to JWs but I couldn’t help it. I asked him in front of everyone,

“Time of the End, come on, it’s been over 100 years since 1914. You know that Jerusalem wasn’t destroyed in 607-- right? I mean that information is everywhere. Bible Scholars, Bible translators, Archaeologist, Historians, every encyclopedia, every reference book, even your own Watchtower publications teach that 587 BC is the actual date that Jerusalem was destroyed.

He replies, “Well even if everyone is right and the date is 587, that still doesn’t affect the fact that we are living in the last days.

I said, “What do you mean it doesn’t affect you?” If Jerusalem wasn’t destroyed in 607, that means 1914 never happened, it means Jesus never started ruling in 1914, it means Satan wasn’t thrown to the earth in 1914, it means that the last days never started in 1914, and that means we are not living in the last days.

Everyone kept quiet. They didn’t realize the implications of what I was saying. Everyone just kept staring at me and the elder. Finally the elder said, “Well, I’ll have to look into that” I said, “It’s up to you, I mean, I really don’t care if you look it up or don’t. It’s your life, and if you want to go and sit down for three days to listen to the same information you get at the Kingdom Hall, for the next 20 years, that’s your choice.

But I’ve done the research; it took me over a year because it was very hard for me to accept the truth of the matter. It not something you can learn in a couple of hours like studying a Watchtower magazine. It takes lots of time because you can’t believe it at first. It was a shock to me. But then you start seeing all the evidence. There is about 5,000 archaeological business records, legal documents, astronomical diaries, from different parts of the world that name the neo-Babylon kings and how long each one reigned.

The 2011 Watchtower study says you can’t trust these historical records but then they turn around and use these same historical records that they condemned- to prove the year 539 BC. How creepy is that?

And that’s why I’m not going anymore and I’m not worried that I’m going to die at Armageddon because I know we are not living in the last days.

Now I’m not trying to convince you of anything, you asked me a question and I answered it. I’m not asking you to research anything, I’m not telling you the Watchtower is false, I’m just telling Why I’m not going to conventions and meetings anymore. If you decide to research 607, don’t call me. There is plenty of information in any reference book. If you want to know where 607 came from you can read the whole story in a book called, “The Gentile Times Reconsidered” It’s actually free in the internet if you don’t want to buy it.

You should have seen everyone’s eyes.

I said bye and walked away.

BTW these people know the Elder that had sex with an 8 year old girl in Los Lunas New Mexico.

He is still free.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/woman-sues-jehovahs-witnesses-for-alleged-abuse/21488746

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

John Aquila - "...if you want to go and sit down for three days to listen to the same information you get at the Kingdom Hall, for the next 20 years, that’s your choice..."

Priceless. Nicely done.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You did a good Job.....Unfortunately..

Most JWs don`t care what kind of information you provide,or if the WatchTower is Wrong..

They`re happy where they are..

..........................................Image result for Watchtower logo

.Image result for Watchtower literature cartImage result for Fantasyland logoImage result for jehovahs witness at door

• jw07
    jw07
    John Aquila - What a fine 'witness'
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

A lot of us know all this and more, but just go through the motions for the sake of social contact. Nothing else.

by the behavior of most, we know that it is all hug wash. All religions are.

SL

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

You may want to bring up the fact that there were 3 different 1914 teachings throughout the history of the Watchtower.

1. From late 19th century to early 20th century they taught that 1799 was the beginning of the end and the world would end by 1914. No earthquakes or pestilence Matthew 24 was supposed to have been fulfilled during the 1800 year period after Christ. Armageddon was a 40 year period of social collapse between 1874 and 1914. It was to be a slow motion collapse throughout that period culminating in pure social chaos at the end. No earthquake or fireballs etc.1914 was to be the beginning of the Millennium and the beginning of world wide peace.
    2. After WW1 embarrassed the Bible Students by standing their prophecy on its head they then taught, throughout the 20th century, that 1914 was the beginning of the end with the Great Tribulation/Armageddon being a short period of time, months or a few years at most, happening within the lifetime of those alive in 1914.
    3. Early 21st century: "Overlapping generations".

I'm sure you'll get even more dumbfounded stares from them if you tell them this.

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful....

Your evidence was so utterly damning that there could not possibly have been any response.... There's know way of knowing what that brother will do, but, it's hard to believe he will actually go do the research.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Village Idiot

You may want to bring up the fact that there were 3 different 1914 teachings throughout the history of the Watchtower.

1. From late 19th century to early 20th century they taught that 1799 was the beginning of the end and the world would end by 1914. No earthquakes or pestilence Matthew 24 was supposed to have been fulfilled during the 1800 year period after Christ. Armageddon was a 40 year period of social collapse between 1874 and 1914. It was to be a slow motion collapse throughout that period culminating in pure social chaos at the end. No earthquake or fireballs etc.1914 was to be the beginning of the Millennium and the beginning of world wide peace.
    I'm not familiar with this, what WT publications is this information found in?
  • Deltawave
    Deltawave
    That's all in the crises of conscience book which is available le free in pdf. Written by Fred Franz the brother who served on the governing body and stood down due to desicions that affected his conscience.
  • steve2
    steve2

Yes, VI, you have summed up very clearly Chuck Russell's earliest teachings about 1914 - it was the furthest extension of time before Armageddon arrived.

1914 was not the beginning of the time of the end, but the actual end. 1799 was the beginning.

Rutherford changed that view in the 1920s because...well he had no choice because 1914 was not the end.

Now, multiple decades later, the JW organization applies yet more elastic to an already over-elasticised doctrine whose time has surely ended. Meanwhile, the rank and file know nothing of the doctrine's major overhauls, little realizing that even elastic has its limits. Snap!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit