Note to SilentLambs

by Amazing 33 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

And hopefully this will ALL settle down - as the main people involved have made peace.

Rev - go home & get a week's sleep. If not now.....then tonight, ok? You do good work.

So do others............but they, unlike you, got some sleep last night.

waiting

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I need to ask you guys some advice. I think I have been pretty damn patient throughout this entire mess. Even to the extent of working with Bill to get the site moved today, all day, and once again setting my regular duties aside (regarding my business). When all of a sudden, during this process, Bill emails me the login info for the new server. What Bill didn't realize is that he forgot he had been emailing back and forth with the new webmaster. What he said to the new webmaster is what bothers me. Now, granted this guy doesn't know me aside from a few emails, BUT the fact still remains that he's degrading my name and that of my business. It's been plain here that I was not at fault for these things, yet I'm still being abused. My first inclination is to bail on this project right here and now. They have access to the website, so they can move it, they don't need me, what exactly am I suppose to do, and how much of this am I suppose to accept graciously? Here is the portion of the email that upsets me:

Hey dave I thought I would send this to you also. I sent a newsletter out to my email list and told them what was going on, it appears Matt has seen the light after some people got after him. He now wants to work with us in everyway. This should save us a lot of work. He said forget the copyright and we can have anything we want. I guess that is good news, now if we can just finish this.

bill

Am I just being silly, or is enough enough? This is just uncalled for, and not even close to professionalism. I asked Bill about this, and this was his response:

Cant get away with anything can I?

Sorry if it offends it just a way to explain to this person who knows nothing about all of this.

If it bothers you I will make it right however you wish.

Regards,

bill

Is this excuse good enough? Am I crazy? Am I being stupid? Overreacting? When I calm down, will I see this as nothing? Tell me because I really need some advice.

I'm sorry if I am being petty, but like I said, I think I've been quite understanding considering the fact that my name has been defamed to literally thousands of people in the last 24 hours.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Rev what is done is done- Now that Bill has done IT again people can see for themselves what the man is all about-

Get your sleep and let it go for now. Hopefully this guy will learn to keep his mouth under control- or at least get his facts before spreading garbage. The same was done with me- I will jump on this stuff every time it happens or when it is brought up- It is the other guy that has the problem- not you Rev- and as has happened before as the trash unfolded here Bill was shown for what he really is all about-

The troubling part is that he claims to want to help abuse victims and all the while he is abusing others-

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((Rev)))

Sorry you are going through all this - these places can be so draining at times especially when something like this is happening to you personally. Simon and I have had our names dragged through flame wars too and its is very tiring and hurtful but eventually you just have to switch off the computer and go and get some sleep, things will wait a few hours. Dont let it get you down your doing a great job.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Rev,

Bill is still thinking and ACTING like a typical Watchtower trained "JW Elder". He may have resigned from the role of elder and been DF'd against his will for his SilentLambs work, but he still has the Watchtower mindset ingrained so deeply he is unable to see the forest for the trees. It will take time to deprogram that mindset.

Maybe a few chats with David A Reed might help him to deprogram faster. I don't know, that was just a thought off the top of my head.

(Bill, if you are reading this - Please, Please try to see how your behavior is only hurting your cause. You are losing your reputation for being trustworthy.)

NewLight2

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I just don't know what to say or think anymore. I have always looked at Bill like a friend. I don't understand. I defended him for these same exact things. I looked at him and thought "No way did he do these things". I am probably one of his largest defenders on this board, if you look back through the history. And here I am, confused, tired, worn out and betrayed. I keep thinking I'll go to sleep (someday) and wake up and this will not really be happening. Not after what I've tried to do for him. I think right now I will finish up a couple of things, and take a nap....and hopefully when I wake up some of this will be clear. I'm not trying to bash the guy here, I know he's done good things, I'm just confused, that's all....

And Bill, I'm taking a break.....I need some sleep, we'll talk about this later.

• rowdy
    rowdy

amazing. old habits from wt are hard to break huh? just make a annoncement from the platform and cut somebodys name that quick, and get all the facts later. i hope you look both ways before pulling out into traffic my brother lol support your local red and white you might need them one day rowdy

• onthego
    onthego

It sometimes happens that someone does leave a voice mail but it doesn't get recorded. Fault the machine, not the people!

Why play along supporting the Watchtower guys by doing so including their Ted Jarasz who is openly alleged a pedophile and doesn't deny it?

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

onthego, did you miss the part where he said he DIDN'T call me?

That was the key to the discussion.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

onthego- one person comes out and accuses this Ted guy of abuse. After investigating no further action is being pursued in regard to the allegation. Now you are saying that a person should allow themselves to be accused by BB, not defend themselves and even after BB admits a "misunderstanding" (admits guilt unlike Ted) that not giving support to BB is likened to "playing along with the WT??? Sounds like the old WT dogma of if you dont support the WT you are playing along with satan---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit