Note to SilentLambs

by Amazing 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Bill:

With great interest I read your letter posted by Lin. I agree wholeheartedly with you that you should and need to own your site and all material. What you describe that is happening to you is most disturbing. I find it hard to imagine why this "Matt" fellow would do such things.

I checked http://silentlambs.org/ just now and saw this at the bottom:

Site Content Copyright silentlambs, inc. 2001/2002 -- A Non-Profit Organization
    For questions Pertaining to the silentlambs website only, email the Webmaster at: [email protected] Site design Copyright - [email protected]

True, [email protected] owns the site design copyright as you say ... that is the layout, choice of color, arrangement of material, etc. However, the site continues to show that SilentLambs, Inc. owns the "content" which is the critical part ... anyone can design layout, but content is another matter. I strongly recommend that you talk with an attorney experienced in patent and copyright law who can advise you as to your rights of ownership and other legal matters. You should not have any real problem getting your valueable material turned over to you. This "Matt" fellow sound like a loser, and you should not have to tolerate this kind of situation.

I made a new post because the "letter" posted by Lin has a large number of responses and I want to be sure that you see this. Hope this is helpful to you. - Jim

Edited by - Amazing on 18 December 2002 9:41:35

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Paranoia runs wild- amazing please go back and carefully read the thread you refer to- Apologies were offered for the accusations that were posted.....

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Amazing,

I think that you should verify everything before you call me a loser. Perhaps you should check Lin's thread ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42651&site=3&page=1) again and make sure you know all sides and exactly what happened before you pass judgement on another human being. Just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth. Pay particular attention to this post:

THIS IS AN EMAIL THAT CAME THRU THE SILENTLAMBS EMAIL LIST, DIRECTLY FROM BILL. EVERYONE ON THE LIST GETS A COPY, AS ALWAYS...

Edited to remove those thingies that made the email addy NOT show up.
    Edited again to state the the SL EMAIL LIST is widely distributed, and not a Private Email List. It's what could be referred to as the official SL Newsletter from BB.
    Also edited to put in [Rev].
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply-To: info
    Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:38:18 -0600
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Peace

Many of you may not believe this but I really am a peaceful person. It is far easier to make peace than war in my opinion. I am starting out this way because I just had a conversation with [Rev]. We have made peace. It has been a difficult seven days for the both of us and the root of the problem seems to be misunderstanding and not communicating. While many of the things described occurred there were reasons that help give a clearer picture of what happened. The website got hacked and unbeknown to [Rev] his emails were not getting through to me. Passwords were sent Monday, I never got them. A contract was sent out, I never got it. My emails in return in large part were not received also thus preventing him from knowing what I was asking for. The longer the non-communication the greater the anxiety especially when you are looking at three months hard work going down the tubes.

After communicating [Rev] and I have agreed to work together on saving what has been done to date on the website and transferring it to an outside party to finish the site. [Rev] agrees that a non jw background individual would be better in the long run for silentlambs development. We have also agreed to not worry about copyrights on the website other than what might give [Rev] credit for working with a nonprofit organization.

Regarding the rest what can I say, lets make peace not war. I hold no hard feelings toward [Rev] and offer an apology for any area where there were misunderstandings. He is a good person and I hope no one will give him a hard time due to the earlier email. I would also ask for the sake of peace that the earlier email be removed from anywhere it might have been posted as it is no longer an issue.

We are communicating, silentlambs development is moving forward and that is a positive.

Peace,

bill

A public service announcement by RevMalk.....No worries and no offense taken :)

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Amazing,

Please read further down in the thread - Matt called BB on the phone and got everything straightened out. BB has since sent out a 2nd letter which is also posted in the thread explaining that everthing was a misunderstanding - mainly due to emails on both sides not being delivered, thus no comunication causing a vacuum to develop. The reason pass words were changed is because the sight got "hacked" twice.

NewLight2

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Amazing IMHO BB is the one who made the mistake- if youcare to call it that- the post should never been made- Of course the post was not made by BB himself- but why was this post made before a conversation with the accused took place?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi RevMalk, Kelsey, and Newlight2: Oh, you are correct. I should have read more carefully. Did Bill really level unfair and untrue allegations? I find that hard to believe. Are you sure? No Rev, I am not passing judgment on you. My calling "Matt" a loser was to illustrate a point to Bill. Neither am I passing judgment on Bill, however. I deliberately did not read the comments because I wanted to give a first impression and comment separately for a specific purpose ... Copyright was and has been claimed all along by SilentLambs, Inc. and this should have been the key to anyone who reads the site information including the site owner.

These days on the Internet, nothing can be trusted when it comes to email, hackers, etc. I am well protected, and still I run into trouble. I recently received an email from [email protected] containing a large file ... it was infected and my system caught it as well as my router. The point is, I did not sling an allegation at Bill because I suspected it was a hack attempt ...

My overriding theme is to make a point about not slinging allegations until facts are clearly known ... it saves a lot on needless flame wars and hurt feelings. So, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Edited by - Amazing on 18 December 2002 10:3:5

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I asked Bill why he didn't call me. He said because he can never get through, meaning I never answer the phone, which I don't, I screen my calls, But even if I'm on the other line, all my calls get routed through my voice mail, even if all lines are being used. I think he overreacted, jumped the gun, etc etc etc, but he's human, it happens. He got freaked out and scared I'm sure. I've forgiven him for that, but not the fact that I haven't slept as of yet . Running around the web doing damage control so to speak all night into today. The sad thing is that thousands of people received this email. Not only was it sent by Bill, through his mailing list, but then by the people on his mailing lists that have mailing lists of their own, and it just steam rolled. There are alot of people out there that will never know the truth, ESPECIALLY because alot of the silentlambs supporters don't post here. I'm not real happy about that, but what can I do?

• mike047
    mike047

Amazing: if you didn't read the entire thread before making the original post in this thread....Isn't that kinda like firing a gun and not knowing what your target is??? Your last post seemed to ME to go in a circle. I still don't understand why you made the original post on this tread. Maybe I am not intelligent enough to discern your motives or meaning, sorry.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I was rather confused by that post as well.....

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

In the history of Bill on this forum as well as personal dealings with him he has the habit of speaking much to quickly on lots of issues. This is what he did in this case. Mike I am equally not supprised to see that you stated that though he claimed to try and contact you no voice mail was left. Such behaviour has cost him a lot in his credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit