Note to SilentLambs

by Amazing 33 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

Mike, isn't this whole mess a result of "firing a gun and not knowing what your target is anyway"? In which case, if we're extending the courtesy of overlooking it in one circumstance maybe we can give the same courtesy to another as well? If a grievance or concern hadn't been made public in the first place, nobody would have been able to comment on it, right? But it happened, now it's over...and the lingering discussion will most likely peter out eventually.

Edited by - detective on 18 December 2002 10:23:24

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Ok, now everyone is confusing me, but that's ok, don't mind me, I feel like I haven't slept in a week or so.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

If I understand Amazing correctly his point was, assure your facts before assuming something to be true or false. Thus by his initial post he showed what may transpire if one does not indeed do such. Examples follow in the replies to his initial post. I believe he was illustrating a point, quite well indeed.

Hugs at ya Jim!!! Missed ya!!

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Mike- bottom line you were the one wronged in my opinion. Now you have to deal with all this that would have never occured if the LIN post had never been posted- which it never should have been.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Ah! Ok, there's where my confusion is coming from, my name is 'matt', not 'mike' - No worries, it happens all the time :)

Yes, I guess you could say that kelsey, but I'm going to try my best not to dwell on it. As for Amazing's post, I thought that was what he was after, BUT, it would be nice to use someone else as an example, haha. Had I or other people that didn't know what was going on viewed this thread, they just might have gone on believing the 'mishandled' version of this saga. I don't believe he did that intentionally, but of course it could happen. Even now, Amazing pointed out that someone could read the first post of a thread and go wild with it, excellent point, but they could do that here in this thread as well, and there's my email and business information splattered all over up there. I guess no big deal compared to last night, but who knows, it could cause problems.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Sorry Matt- why dont I just call you Rev? LOL

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

haha, that works, and it's ok.....well frankly that's another thing. There are reasons why I don't want my name known, and no-one had a right to take that away from me. I guess it's no big deal with my first name, but I've posted where I'm from, where I was DFd, and the whole nine yards. It won't be hard for people to put two and two together now, thanks to the mess last night.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Duplicate - Sorry

Edited by - RevMalk on 18 December 2002 10:49:27

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Rev I understand that totally- BTW you are a bigger man than I. I only hope that lessons are soon learned from the mistakes that have been made. Several people have been hurt by very negative comments made by Bill. Given the postition he has put himself in a lot of people really respect his words- all of a sudden accusations are taken as fact and that in itself is a form of abuse- IMHO.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Feathers in a pillow and words, whether spoken or written, are quite alike somehow. When either are scatered in the wind, it is hard to gather them all up again.

#################

This entire situation reminds me of something that happened to me years and years ago.

I was not feeling well a certain day, but choose to go to my place of employment anyway. I did not feel like smiling when I got to the office. Someone made a simple comment about my looking grumpy - another person heard the comment and made another wrong assumption and so on down the line as I walked to my desk. By the time I reached my desk I was in very, very deep trouble with my boss for "MY" BAD ATTITUDE! I had not said a word. When I reached my desk, I tried to explain that I wasn't feeling well, but to no avail, the damage had already been done, opinions had already been formed.

Moral of the story - Be sure you have all the facts before you begin to broadcast something far and wide. You will NEVER be able to gather all the words up again. They are gone forever.

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit