Geoffrey Jackson Royal Commission update

by umbertoecho 232 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, they ( the Society) are agreeing to a video link so Jackson's face won't be reposted on YouTube spouting nonsense/undergoing facial contortions/staring blankly for uncomfortable periods of time for the next century.

This is the last bit of control the society has in the situation and they're exploiting it.

The RC should make sure the video conference is visible in the stream.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

youtu.be/UmzsWxPLIOo

I can't figure out how to embed youtube videos

• scary21
    scary21
    Yes, Jw's will say " It wasn't really him, just some apostate they got to impersonate him" I can hear it now.
  • sir82
    sir82

his new fiance.

Huh?

Pretty sure he got married several years ago.

Or did he convert to LDS?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Come on then get to it. I think it's a very good idea to flood the Commission with good reasons allowing us to see his face. They are protecting this man.....O Tool or some other WTlawyer is deceiving them or using as much legal clout as they can legally get away with.

Let them know the GB are in complete control of 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses and that he is afraid of being tested a very real personal sense.

I have sent my email and hope you do too. However, don't think that this investigation is over, for they are going state to state taking testimony. Mine included. This is just the start and they will have a greater interest in the fiscal actions of WTBTS as a consequence. You do know that all monies are to leave Australia don't you? And all other sorts of monies taken in by various congregations and that they have been requested to mark these as"Donations". Odd behaviour for such and honest religion....

This is an attempt to disavow any scrutiny into the possible gains made through sales of property and god knows what else. The fear of losing tax exempt status is a very real one for WT and it's other incorporated bodies.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

True Cowards! All the other lowly ones had to sit up there, why not him? I agree with Searchers comment...I smell a rat.

HYPOCRITES AND COWARDS!!!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Well this will be interesting...wonder why he chose to appear at all given they generally don't, even if it costs...
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am all for requesting that the live feed show the video link. I want to see Jackson's face.

After all, it is Biblical, isn't it? For the accused to face their accuser(s)?

I demand it! ;p

Just think of the countless numbers of victims who were forced to face their abuser - so, too, should we be able to do so. I want to see the abuser face to face. Or, at least, his face...hell, I would let him look at me, too, while he testified. That would be satisfying.

• steve2
    steve2

Aw come on people, please stop your luddite thinking.

Jackson still appears before the commission via videolink - a provision that works extremely well and is perfectly legitimate in this day and age. There is absolutely no evidence that when a subpoened party appears via videolink, an inquiry is in some way prevented from conducting a thorough inquiry.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    WT's GB generally meet every Wednesday to discuss hot, important and pressing topics affecting JWs worldwide. My guess...Geoffrey Jackson is back in New York meeting with the rest of the GB and these Royal Commission hearings are high on the list of pressing matters. Not to mention, right next door or one floor up is the legal department and I'm sure WT attorneys are very much a part of today's Governing Body meetings. No doubt GB Jackson will be testifying right from head WT attorney Philip Brumley's office where he'll get hands-on coaching and signals from his handlers throughout the proceedings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit