Honest Opinion, Please

by Windchaser 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Prisca, you've got mail, too!

TH and Hmmm, I would be honored to send you dishcloths. Please don't feel uncomfortable about asking me or sending your addresses. I am just this little old lady (okay, I lie) who lives in San Diego and will never use your addresses in a foul way (unless you ask me to - wink). If anything, you will be added to my Christmas list. You actually do me a favor by requesting one, so please feel free to e-mail me.

xw, someone else (who I sent one to already) said the same about selling them over the internet. I may do that eventually, but right now I am focusing on my friends and would love to send you one, too!

Okay, here is where I sound sappy, but I mean this with my whole heart. You are a great bunch of people. Appreciative, loving and kind. I really didn't think people would respond to this (thus, I actually begged people on their threads to come here). I love each one of you all the more for what you have written. You are truly the best!!!

Love you all,

Dottie

• meat pie
    meat pie

Yes, send the dishcloths.

I knit, especially gloves.I always have some around and give them whenever, even if the recipients don't really want them it makes me feel better.

Recently an elderly man visited us and said the day before had been his birthday and he had seen no-one all day, I was able to give him a pair of gloves and he was really touched.

If some one doesn't appreciate your gift that's their problem.

Crochet with love.(also crochet!)

Meaty.

• Makena1
    Makena1

(((((Dottie/Wind)))))))))

Hey young lady - I have been up to my eyeballs in work and have a lot of catching up to do on the board. Just saw this thread and read the other one about you and your son getting back in touch. Very happy for you.

You know we love you and wish you all happiness. The world needs more sweet, kind and caring people like you. So please take care of yourself and continue to realize that life even with its ups and downs is precious.

We would love to receive anything your lovely creative hands have worked on. (not trying to sound kinky - but hmmmm)

Seriously, what a wonderful idea. Sounds like you are going to be very busy for quite awhile.

Happy holidays!

Mak and Sabine

you have mail!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s always nice to recieve a gift someone has actually taken the time to make for you...OUTLAW

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I have been teary eyed reading all of these posts. ((((Windchaser)))), you have already given us each a gift, just by sharing a little piece of yourself here. Any one of us would be honored to have one of your cloths.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Mak, I will write to you and Sabine. I love you both. I still have that pic of you on the beach with those strategically placed sombreros, hahahahaha I would like a new one with a dishcloth on your...er...strategic place. I will make an extra large one. hehe

Outlaw, Meatie, EVERYONE, send me your frickin info because I really, really want to do this for you!

((BobsGirl)) I LOVE that profile saying you have in your post. WOW. It is beautiful! I am adopting it as my new crochet motto.

Edited to tone down my naughtiness.

Edited by - windchaser on 18 December 2002 14:25:17

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Windchaser, I live in Canada or I would jump in my car and dash over to your house and give you the biggest hugs and kisses that I could. But I hope my cyber ones will do for now. I'm so happy you decided to stay around or we would have never known that you made these dishtowels or that you had such beautiful qualities. You know you brought a flood full of memories and tears to me today as I thought of my beloved gramdma. She passed away 10 yrs ago now and I think about her practically every day because I see many things that remind me of her. She always had crochet needles or knitting needles in her hands or she would embroider too. She was a lady who believed that idle hands were the devils work. No she was no JW, thank God!! She had talents that were unbelievable. She made dollies and squares and made afgans and blankets. She made my son a blanket when he born. It was beautiful. The best thing my grandma did was that she gave alot of her handiwork to the people who meant much to her and even to strangers. And when you said you wanted to make these dishclothes it made me think of the unselfish love that my grandma had, and I though gee you are exactly the same kind of person, you are a caring and kind person and one who gives of themselves. I wrote a poem about my Grandma after she passed away and it is a little long, maybe one day I will post it. But Wind you are just like her you have a giving heart.

I know things are tough right now, but talk to friends just knowing that so many care. Check my post about how many care on this board. I had 85 responses. And many responded here. We love you Wind and need you and so does your children. Our caring and love for you is overwhelming.

Please have a very Merry Christmas and call upon any of us any time including me its in my profile.

Love Orangefatcat.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

It's the thought that counts! Don't worry, be happy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit