Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

by quincemyles 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

Matthew 24:45-47:  “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

Matthew 24:3 shows that the words at Matthew chapter 24 were primarily directed to his 12 disciples who later told others.

1) At the time Master Jesus spoke the above words, He had already appointed the 12 disciples and others to preach to his domestics the Jews. (Matt. 10:5,6.)

2) The master told the slaves to remain in Jerusalem, to preach to the domestics. (Acts 1:4)

3) The Master then went away to heaven.

4) At the beginning of his invisible coming, i.e at the day of Pentecost, the master found the disciples together, likely praying and ministering. ( Acts 2:1,14) The master on arriving found each of the slaves doing as he expected.

5) By pouring Holy spirit, he empowered the 12 slaves (and others), appointing them over all (i.e both Jews and Gentiles) his belongings.(Acts 1:8, 2:14, 10:34,35)

Even though Faithful and discreet slave may apply to any faithful servant of Christ, the words at Matthew 24:45-47 taken in context are limited to those who were appointed over Jews while Christ was on earth and reappointed over both Jews and Gentiles. What are your thoughts? Who really is the Faithful and discreet slave?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I am a faithful slave - ask my missus.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Luke 12:41 Peter says it's just a parable, there is also no Virgins no Sumeritain man , no prodigal son, just illustrations.
  • Londo111
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

A term used by JW's only. Ask someone of another religion and they will look at

you with puzzlement. Faith and discreet what? Sure it's in the bible but most

religions don't focus on that. Another ploy to distinguish them from other religions.

Who speaks of the 144000, KH, field service, reporting your time, MS, publishers,

goats and the New order...

• SadElder
    SadElder

The dubs have built an entire belief system along with a hierarchy to enforce it based on this one scripture. I could never understand this scripture as applied when I was a dub.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The faithful slave is who ever you want it to be I would like my faithful slave with big boobs nice ass and alway ready to please her master me. And if every that evil slave says in her heart my master is delaying and start doing threesomes without me she will get a spanking right on the bottom because it makes her wet.

I mean if your into bondage kind of kinky stuff a good slave works well with a dom.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

It`s a Parable,a fictional story..

There has never been an FDS.....Ever!..

Not even when the story was originally told,because..It was a fictional story..

Did I mention,"Parables are Fictional Stories"??!!..

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think you make a very good point quincemyles. If any of those parables do apply to anything, they apply to that immediate period of time after Jesus'death. Except noone wants to see that because it would have to Include the generation speech. Not something most Christians want to entertain.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If the WTBTS Inc. believed that appointing me as FDS would make them more money, you would read a WT article next week saying, "Evidently, Jesus meant that Data-Dog is the faithful and discreet slave! Surely it is beneficial for us to embrace this adjusted explanation, as it promotes unity in the congregation!"

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit