Purgatory, Limbo or the Twilight Comfort Zone

by SolidSender 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

Frenchy, What a great post this morning! There are
    many nights when I want to do nothing more than stay in the dream,as you put it. There are things that exist there that are no longer part of
    my reality-family and friends. You also spoke of an exodus and maybe after testing the waters of isolation until we feel comfortable that we can adapt and survive-we do just that.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thanks, Seven. Sometimes reality sucks! I guess that's why I write...'it's cold out there, baby!'

-Say what you mean, mean what you say-

• Seven
    Seven

Frenchy-I think we all do things to fill the void. You write; I paint; dubby has his dirt bike; RedhorseWoman-her red horse; and waiting is just plain cool. Oh, and Simon has this board. Last but not least we have each other.

• waiting
    waiting

Sweet 7,

Well, ain't you sumthun, chil. My kids just say I'm a "different" kinda mom.

This is a neat conversation - from all points of view. And maybe that's why it's neat - no one is confronting anyone - because we're all similar yet different.

One point not touched upon, however, is whywe enter the Truth. Most of us were looking for something, usually security and solid answers to the complexities of life. The Society was our dream come true. As Frenchy said, when we believed - we were True Believers.

Some of us came into the Truth through birth, some studied and came to accept it, others were beaten by parents and/or spouses, or lost all contact with beloved family members for the perceived "sake of worshipping God."

It's hard to give up the dream - and accept the duplicity of something you completely trusted for decades. Quoting the younger generation: "reality bites."

Some of us really do ask in our minds - as we've been taught: "Where else can we go?" Some of us don't have a clue, and are trying to sort our minds and hearts out for a true thought.

• Seven
    Seven

Dear waiting, Well said, O wise one. It's hard
    to give up the dream.
    Is is possible to give it up without replacing it with another-even more
    bizzare in nature and unattainable one than the original? Dreams feed the soul and without these we are merely sleepwalking-going through the motions of being. Yes, I have been using my brush
    cleaner in a well ventillated area-just sorting out my mind and heart like you said. I've found bits of the truth in the least likely places-in some forbidden worldly ones and in all of you. That's going to have to do for now.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Waiting - hi. I'm not giving up the dream. well what I mean by the dream, the dream I'm talking about here is the fact that I am religious and spiritual and that i do unreservedly believe, trust and have faith in and love for God the Father and His son Jesus Christ and they are who I should be looking toward for the fulfillment of that dream - not the organisation. As for the world i'm not sure if that's a reality i've got too much control over and if I can honestly expect it to conform to what I think it should be.
    As for reasons why I joined, to me it’s like when you start a job or begin a relationship or similar, you know – the honeymoon period. Going into it believing what you want to believe, that you've found something you have been looking for until you reach that point where you start to become familiar with the situation and see patterns start to develop – patterns you never counted on, the thin edge of the wedge of doubt, that starts to question “is this everything that I thought it was? At least that’s how it was for me? Now I just have a better idea of what i'm looking for and where i'm going to realistically find it._SolidSender

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

seven - interesting thoughts. i think the dream is fine and i don't think it's possible to give it up even if you wanted, i think it's intinctual, inherent and will be there as long as you can dream. more a matter of hold onto the dream and don't expect to find it in places you wont- easier said than done. Especially after the heartbreaking disappointment of years sometimes spent going down a path you believe is the one to the dream only to find out, as bugs bunny would say "i think i should have turned left at Albuquerque "

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

seven - to fill the void or because the void fills you?

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Sorry I mean, because the void fills us?.

• Seven
    Seven

Both. Are you working on a research paper?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit