G.B. & J.W.'s Becoming Clap-Happy

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

The Borgites have indeed become CRAP CLAPPY !

"Hey wasup wid u?" "Oh I've got the CLAP"

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I remember once old br. John Carey I think was his name, of the GB was speaking at the end of a DC and the audience was clapping constantly. At one point he tried to keep talking over the clapping then said "ok go ahead" and everyone giggled and then a huge applause ensued. So ridiculous

• hoser
    hoser
    Next convention I should see how many times I can make the audience start clapping.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I kid you not...at one District Assembly the crowd broke into applause when it was announced....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I wonder if, given enough insistence on applause that is not warranted, someone would start a round of hissing and booing. That is usually more appropriate. For instance, hissing and booing when the child in the video drops the ice cream money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund instead of having the ice cream cone.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How about getting a nice happy rhythm while clapping going, sorta like castanets that would spice up any meeting talk with a flubbering, blubbering, Governing Body nonsense talker :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf9ypRpbZMA

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Mark Sanderson

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

There is a sister in the congregations I am stuck in, that claps so hard, it almost sounds like she has a couple of blocks to clap with! Long and hard! And it's a tiny kh!

Dwain

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

At my last convention (2008) Emma Kilgour, a teenager from Kirkintilloch, was interviewed on stage because she'd refused to attend a birthday party for a girl in her class. She was applauded for this.

But a bit of background on the story.

The girl whose birthday party it was had terminal cancer. This would be her last birthday on the planet. So a large party had been organised to both mark her birthday, and celebrate her short life*.

Emma explained this as she shared the experience.

But the JW spin on it was that this was a tough experience for Emma to go through. To be invited to - and refuse - a party to celebrate the life of a girl who was going to die soon.

She was applauded for remaining faithful to Jehovah's clear command in the Bible not to attend birthday parties (insert non-existent scripture here).

Emma got more applause when she explain her strong stance on having very little association with her father who isn't a Jehovah's Witness. Her parents were divorced, she lived with her JW mother. And she was praised for adhering to Jehovah's clear admonition to have little contact with non-JW parents (insert non-existent scripture here).

Jehovah's Witnesses applaud and praise human beings who behave in the most inhumane ways possible. What a fine witness.

*The mother of the girl who died happened to be my oldest son's school teacher at the time. I ended up discussing this instance of Emma refusing to attend the girl's last party with a friend of the teacher. Turns out it was a shockingly bad witness; people were appalled at the religion for having this position. And I happened to mention that Emma was interviewed at the convention and praised on stage - and by the thousands in attendance - for her stance. Needless to say this person's view of the religion didn't improve.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    most JWs dont have much of a social life so a convention for most of them is the highlight of their year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit