G.B. & J.W.'s Becoming Clap-Happy

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
  • Prefect
    Prefect

In this weekend's RC in the symposiums they were broken up with many short video clips.

At the end of each clip, Much applause. Why would you applaud a TV screen.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Clap, clap for the "special" ones!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Question: Can you be a GB without being a fat-ass? Or is it a prerequisite?

DD

• steve2
    steve2

39 were baptized, mostly young children or teenagers...attendance peaked at 8,500 on Sunday

This is an incredibly low number of baptisms, isn't it, given the number in attendance?

BTW, my maternal JW grandmother used to tell us that when we went door-to-door witnessing, the angels applauded. I've got memories of when I was a preschooler of my grandmother telling stories of the angels to my sister and me. I literally grew up imagining hearing the heavenly angels clapping whenever we went out. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I cannot quite remember when I stopped believing it.

Now I hear JWs applauding every facet of their ministry and it all comes back. Give me the angels applauding any day. It's more special somehow.

• Village Idiot
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Can you be a GB without being a fat-ass? Or is it a prerequisite?

Fat and/or bald

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader
    I remember my last convention 2011...I was "waking up" and an experience was given by a young man who decided to up and quit his job to pioneer. When asked how he supported himself one of the main ways he mentioned was relying on the "generosity of the friends". I remember getting this bewildered look on my face as witnesses around me applauded furiously. I felt ill and embarrassed that such a thing was being applauded!! I sat there looking at those around me incredulously murmuring "Seriously????" I don't think I applauded ever again. It was just another nail in the coffin. Applause for using others. Ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit