Geoffrey Jackson. Seems he will be compelled to front up.

by umbertoecho 86 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Only time will tell.

It's a calculation for all the parties to make, including the RC.

But thems are the rules.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Of course, I would be the last person on earth to EVER impute wrong motives to a GB member. (he chuckles) But TWO governing body members that don't show up when summoned??? (Lösch's refusal to comply and now Jackson's).

So NOW something is starting to smell fishy to judiciary systems worldwide. This goes on record for all time. But whatever happens, it's looking bad for WT.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This ought to put some starch in the shorts of every GB member. Up till now they have been pretty untouchable as far as going to court and give testimony for their bad behavior. I'm sure we might see some changes in the Organization once these policy makers start getting hauled off to court, I'm thinking there might be enough evidence by these commission hearings to latter bring criminal charges in the other courts and perhaps even here in the USA home of the Governing Body.

I'm sure no matter how deluded these GBs might be they are shitting their pants right now as they see the laws are finally catching up with them and their cruel male chuavanistic asses.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Barrold Bonds - what's the aussie law equivalent of pleading the 5th. because that's all he's gonna do.
    Under Australian law pleading "GUILTY" gives you rights equivalent of pleading the 5th.

However in a Royal Commission only your sudden death prevents you from having to answer questions when summoned.

No doubt Jackson is praying for the rapture.

• steve2
    steve2
    While it's true thst Jackson has the most acceptable "face" of all current GB members, we have yet to see the man in an environment where he lacks "impression management" control. It will be interesting to see if we get another facade when he cannot exercise control over either the line of questioning or the actual questions.
  • maksutov
    maksutov
    It would be interesting if Mr Stewart were to ask Jackson whether any member of the GB, past or present had ever been accused of sexual abuse of a child.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Mind you, if there has been no public acknowledgement by specified individuals or no court conviction, it is at the level at most of an allegation and Jackson would not be obliged to publically disclose such a matter in a hearing.
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Maybe this is where the policies originated? Was it Leo Greenlees who was the molestor?
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Are we sure that this summons has or will be issued?

If Jackson does appear "niceness" will not carry any weight at all. Stewart and Mclellan will slice and dice with precision. They will take no notice if there is a nice smile with the answer. It the answer is not complete or truthful they will fillet and dissect until they have either the truth or an embarrassed pregnant silence.

I can't wait.

• jhine
    jhine

Max , twice in your post explaining the rules ( thank you ) the term " natural person " is used . I am thinking that this must be a legal term as usually any person is " natural " .

What I was wondering was does this refer to an Australian citizen ? I could be , probably am , wide of the mark , but that would change things in relation to other GB members , or if Jackson is now a naturalised American .

Any answers anyone ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit