Two Elders Came to Visit this Afternoon

by Scully 39 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi Scully, Mulan and everyone. This is why this subject really strikes a nerve....

"By obeying the elders you show obedience to God and his "arrangement"---That's the biggest slander that has there ever been said. Whether male or female any person who has a disagreement with the power hungry, arrogant elders should definitely speak up and not let them think thay have some sort of power over you.

The elders in this congregation are all cowards, and I suspect they wouldn't know how to handle that. They definitely do not appreciate an aggressive woman who will actually confront them.
  • Skeptic
    Skeptic
    And today, they have the NERVE to come under the PRETENSE of "caring", when all they really want was to catch one of us in a house that's decked out for Christmas. B@$T@RD$.

I am so sorry, Scully. That is very unusual, especially where you live. The elders there are almost always leave you alone if you are not known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Perhaps the organization is cracking down or has a policy change? Or maybe the CO or DO changed?

Richard

• SYN
    SYN

Scully, just direct them here, I'm sure they'll get your drift when they see you've reached EMPEROR on the "Soddom and Gomorrah of Websites", JWD!

But if they say ANYTHING about you, just send them a nice little letter mentioning how you'll sue their pants off, and I guarantee you, you won't hear a PEEP from their lips again! It all comes down to money at the end of the day!

• zev
    zev
  • wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Looks like you folks are about to become the latest victims of the old do a shepherding call around Christmas time elder trick These WT sniper attacks for apostates are the only reason youll ever get a visit from these twits.

• Scully
    Scully

wheelwithinwheel writes:

Looks like you folks are about to become the latest victims of the old do a shepherding call around Christmas time elder trick These WT sniper attacks for apostates are the only reason youll ever get a visit from these twits.

That's what I said to hubby yesterday when he told me about the visit. I said that the "shepherding call" routine was a ruse - that they were just pretending to care about helping us go back to meetings - that their real intent was to get a statement from him to make our inactive status change to either DF'd or DA'd.

Now that I've had a chance to sleep on it, I think they're actually doing me a favor. If word gets back to my family that I'm DA'd, I can honestly say that I never spoke to an elder about anything, nor did I write a letter of disassociation. It will make the elders look like idiots for not following protocol with me, which is perfect IMO.

Love, Scully

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Maybe Scully they are desperate to find exjws and get rid of them one way or another. I think the WTBS has a recent agenda. Lets hunt them down and see where they stand on things. I think its totally stupid especially after all these years.

Good for your hubby for standing up to the idiots about the present issues. If they try anything like you say you have a recourse with the elders because they didn't even talk to you. But these days that doesn't seem to matter much with them But knowing you the way I do, I am sure you'll go for blood. And I don't blame you. I would too. Stick it to them where it hurts.

These elders seem to take to many liberalities with peoples lives. Who set them up as judge and jury. That is what I say. I take my chances with God instead of them.

Well Scully good luck. And to you and your family I wish a a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Love Orangefatcat.

• acsot
    acsot
    go skating on the Canal anyhow

Skating on the Canal? Aha, methinks me knows where y'all live. At least, I think so. Um, unless there are more canals to skate on in this frigid country of ours besides the Rideau. I'm two hours away from that canal (but can't/won't at this time tell you in which direction).

If you can, and I'll certainly understand if you can't, which congregation are/were you in? Or, would it be the north, south, east, west end of the city? Maybe that would be too specific also. Well, it's nice to know some of these posters are relatively close to home.

Isn't it pathetic that while many religions try not to get rid of their members, JWs go all out to dispose of whoever (whomever ?) they can - sure doesn't help them in their sacred annual figures.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Scully

If you get a chance, go read what D8TA did regarding the same situation. They didn't come near him. I intend to do as he did should they EVER try to DA or DF me

www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=27437&site=3

Edited by - Dismembered on 12 December 2002 17:13:40

• Makena1
    Makena1

((((Scully, Mulan and others))))

Jan/Feb 2003 should yield some very interesting posts if they follow up with the witchhunt, err I mean shepherding work on inactives.

I appreciated all your comments and have made some notes if we receive a knock at the door.

Like the post from D8TA that Dismembered referred to, Sabine and I have been following pretty much the same philosphy: " They just asked, that I do not go around to other brother and sisters of the LOCAL congregation and pursue my conversations. Simply put, If I leave them alone, they leave me alone. "

We have maybe 3-4 JW friends that we occasionally correspond with - that's it. Does that make us a threat to the mighty borg??? If so, then local elders - "bring it on". In addition to the comebacks Mulan and others wrote about - I will ask them "So, one suicide in your parking lot is not enough - you would like to incite a few more?????????!!!!!!!!" And like D8TA wrote, I WILL pursue legal action.

With that said - happy festivus everyone!

Mak and Sabine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit