Two Elders Came to Visit this Afternoon

by Scully 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

..... and I missed it!!! Arggggggggggghhhhh

Anyway, hubby was out front fixing the Christmas lights when two JWs approached him in the driveway. One of them he recognized as an elder from our former congregation. We haven't seen him in EIGHT YEARS. The other was introduced as another elder from the congregation - only we don't know who he is.

I guess they're going to announce that we're DAd at the next Service Meeting. Aside from the Christmas lights all over the deck and eaves of the house, we've got a big Canadian flag on the front of the house too.

The elder we know said that they were in the neighbourhood making "shepherding calls" <eyeroll> <GAG> <HURL> and hubby basically told him that he wasn't interested in being shepherded by an organization that shelters pedophiles. Of course, the usual "apostate rumours and slander" card was played to try to shove the issue under the carpet. Finally the second elder asked him "Do you still consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" I'm betting this is going to be the standard question they ask inactive people and depending on whether the answer is "Yes" or "No", a person's response is going to be the basis of a decision to either announce that someone is DF'd or DA'd, respectively.

Now, the only concern I have is how any announcement that could be made will affect my relationship with my JW family members. Since the elders didn't speak to me directly, can they make an announcement about me being DA'd??

Just curious.

Love, Scully

• jack2
    jack2

Hi Scully, sorry to hear about your situation. With regard to your question, I guess they did not ask your hubby how you felt about being a jw. Since they did not speak with you directly, I would guess that technically they can't DA you, but I may be wrong and I certainly would not be surprised if they did DA you.

I hope things work out for you.

• JT
    JT

Now, the only concern I have is how any announcement that could be made will affect my relationship with my JW family members. Since the elders didn't speak to me directly, can they make an announcement about me being DA'd??

It matters not, if they walked away from your house saying that you and your husband feel the same way that is all that matters-

always keep in mind the Cheese Cracker Men can do almost anything that they want if the issue involves SEX AND APOSTASY-

• Shakita
    Shakita

Scully:

"Do you still consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" I'm betting this is going to be the standard question they ask inactive people and depending on whether the answer is "Yes" or "No", a person's response is going to be the basis of a decision to either announce that someone is DF'd or DA'd, respectively.

Guess we should be expecting a visit soon. If they are going after you, 8 years inactive, then our fading thing probably is going to be more difficult than we thought. We, too, have family members still in and hoped to just fade away. They must have orders from the top to clean house and tie up loose ends. How these elders sleep at night, I don't know!

If I remember correctly, Mulan said her daughter was DA'd without her daughter's knowledge. She wouldn't agree to meet with them, so they just went ahead and DA'd her! In other words, they will do as they damn well please!

Mrs. Shakita

• Scully
    Scully

It's going to get interesting.... LOL

I'm going to ask my brother (who never became a dub himself) if he hears anything about this from my parents. If I hear that an announcement has been made about me, I think I'll send a very strongly worded letter about how SLANDER and DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER is an offense that I can hold them liable for.

It would be too bad, because I used to be good friends with that one elder's wife. I'd hate to see her lose her nice big house in the country.

Love, Scully

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Ewwwww ((((hugs to Scully and hubby))))

What was your man's response when they asked if he still considered himself a jw?

(I know that I would turn their g$%d#*mn theocratic warfare stategy back on them and answer in a completely evasive way such as, "who do you say I am"?, or something like that. Wonder if they'd even get the Jesus reference?)

You can bet your sweet bippy (not sure what that is, actually, but it sounds fun :) ) that they won't hesitate to da you based on what your husband said. After all, you're only female. How could you possibly disagree with your "head"? *hack, gag, puke*

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sorry to hear about this Scully. I would guess that they will announce that you're DA. How that will effect your family, depends on your family. I hope that you can maintain your relationship with them. This kind of stuff sucks.

• Scully
    Scully

Mrs. Shakita:

If they are going after you, 8 years inactive, then our fading thing probably is going to be more difficult than we thought.

What's even more surprising is that we MOVED out of the territory AND circuit for 6 years, and had NO CONTACT with the new congregation when we moved away. We moved back into the area last summer, and they KNEW we were in the area because our paths would cross in the grocery store or at the gas station. Still, even without any judicial action against us, we were shunned on at least five occasions to my knowledge. They NEVER came, not even once, to invite us to a special talk, or the CO's Sunday talk, or EVEN to the Memorial. And today, they have the NERVE to come under the PRETENSE of "caring", when all they really want was to catch one of us in a house that's decked out for Christmas. B@$T@RD$.

Love, Scully

• Pete2
    Pete2

Maybe I've missed something? Are JW congregation elders hunting down xjw refugees? Nobody's called on me for almost seven years -- and then it was by mistake. My ex-wife nor myself have ever been DF'd or DA'd. Just wondering if I should expect a call.

Pete2

• JH
    JH

I don't think that the elders came over to congratulate you for your 2000+posts, but they saw your christmas tree, and that speaks for itself. Even if they come back and speak to you, what would you say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit