Leaving the org and marriage possibly ending

by atacrossroads 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

atacrossroads I truly empathize with you because we are both in a very similar circumstance. When I first expressed to my husband my true feelings about the organization he too blamed himself for my spiritual decline. Although he wasn't as adamant as your husband about seeking help from an elder i still have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that my husband will one day let the fact that i dont believe anymore slip in one of his conversations with the elders or to someone at the hall and i will be summoned to a JC.

I pray that you and your spouse can get to a point where you can have a successful marriage without religion attached to it and that eventually he will come around to the real truth.

Hang in there!

• nugget
    nugget

Your marriage may or may not be salvageable only you know whether this is the case. It is difficult to be married to someone who still believes when you do not and it may reach a tipping point and you will know what that is. It sounds like you are moving forward and making plans and trying new things all these are positive steps. In most cases we hope for the best and plan for the worst. Give your husband time to mentally adjust to the new circumstance before trying to press him about anything new. The fact that he hasn't thrown you under the bus is a positive sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit