What's The Nicest Thing Anybody's Done For You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Before the Internet was the world wide web, back in 1994.. or so.. I joined a mailing list called PHILIA. It was a mailing list of former XJW's. I had been out for 11 years or so. The joining was just on a whim. I had never really thought about it at that point.. I just figured that part of my life was OVER. But I joined to join in the conversation and companionship. Talking to them, I realized that I had never dealt with alot of stuff: feelings bout when I was a JW. All that stuff came to a head. In 1995, I tried to commit suicide by slicing my wrists. I was put in the hospital. The reason that I did this is because I had secretly all those years from 1981 to 1994 harbored the belief that this religion was the TRUE one. When I discovered tat it was all wrong.. I got a feeling like: This is it. Nothings worth living for and I tried tokill myself. The persons that helped through this particularly bad point in my life was all my friends from Philia... and that's the most important and special thing anyone did. One of those special persons was Kent Steinhaug, and his wife. He was on the list.. and he and the others sent me a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers and a note wishing for my best.. I'll never forget their kindness and love.

CG

• minimus
    minimus

Yeru, I like grandma. Now, did you try to do the same thing she did regarding the hair thing?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Miminus,

For a long time we kids thought our "wierdness" came from Grandpa because we heard the stories of him killing snakes on the wall with a pic ax (DT's), however, the more we find out about grandma, I've come to believe that grandpa drank BECAUSE of how she was. No, I shaved my head cuz I look good that way.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Thanks orangefatcat.

Now the reverse: What's the nicest thing I ever did for anyone? I was fortunate to help a woman find her long lost family...my grandfather's "love child" from the 1950's. DNA testing proved a long lost secret...I found this woman via a post on the Internet almost 3 years ago in a genealogy surname website. She told me for the first time in 45 years, she felt whole! Isn't that cool?????

• minimus
    minimus

Yeru, your family sounds COOL!!! Give us some more stories, will ya?

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

My uncle done so many nice things for me....payed for my education, bought me my first car.

My husband is always doing nice things for me. He spoils me rotten everyday. He's on a business trip in New York right now, I miss him terribly tonight. He'll be home tomorrow night!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit