WT goofie phrases.

by Pepper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

I used to get into trouble for making light of the these phrases that some elders have told me are to be used only Gods people. LOL that you all may know maybe:

"Well, brother that is very " commendable ," just before the meeting ends the PO says to those in attendance "brothers the time left is reduced," I once heard a CO say to those seated during one of his talks "well now, we don't want to die at Armageddon now do we, well of course not." When I first grew some hair above my lip at a very young age say like 14 a older brother said to me " brother do you think that hair on your lip is going to get you into the new order," here is one: an Elder speaks to the congergation in terms like the "friends", as though we are all frinds I never could understand that. Well anyone have any more so called Witness phrases that are only really used a lot by those in power or in the thick of it its fun to see how many we can come up with, I got more, they come to my mind when I am stressed its weird. laughing, Pepper

• Mary
    Mary

Here's a few......

The worldwide brotherhood.......

Are you having a full share in the preaching work?? (no, I'm not having ANY share in the preaching work)

Brothers, every word that comes from this platform, comes directly from the mind of Jehovah! (this was at the Circuit Assembly a few years ago).

Why would you want to invest all your time in this System of Things that is rapidly approaching it's End?!

Beware of Apostates! (giggle!)

The time left is reduced! (to what?)

Religion is a Snare and a Racket! (no shit Sherlock)

Jehovah's Faithful and Discreet Slave Class has.............blah, blah, blah.......(fill in the blank)

How thankful we are that........blah, blah, blah...........(fill in this blank too)

• glitter
    glitter

"young ones", "unbaptized ones", "elderly ones", "spiritually weak ones"

Not people - ones. That gets on my nerves.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Token service.

Questionable conduct.

Wouldnt it be fitting,,,,,,,, bla bla bla?????????????

Make room for it.

The PRIVLEDGE, of cleaning the hall, field service, DONATING to the world wide work. ( gag)

Fine spiritual food from Jehovah, are you going to enjoy what he has provided for us today, at this boring, same thing said evey year , my ass is asleep convention?

• JH
    JH

Often they say, "would a REAL christian do this". As if there are christians and REAL christians

• rebel
    rebel

How about this one:

"Are you partaking from the table of Jehovah or from the table of demons?"

One brother said the following during a public talk:

"Do you come to Jehovah's table and eat just the main meal and desert, without any starter?" (yep...I arrived late)

"Even worse, do you skip both the starter and the desert?" (Yep, I arrived late and left really early before the meeting ended)

• rebel
    rebel

....sorry - I meant 'dessert' (as in pudding) not 'desert' (as in place with lots of sand)

• dobby
    dobby

today i talked to a witness I haven't spoken with in awhile

she was talking about a woman who was married but didn't want to "work outside the home"

I had forgotten about that totally sexist expression.

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

my favorites heard at hall...'it behooves us'...and ...'this system is sinking deeper and deeper into the quagmire of perplexity'...

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jehovah will provide,you'll see them in the resurrection,anything i can do to help,missed you at the meeting,how's your spirituality,we had a great call,hey! what's new! we need to talk to you in the Backroom,so, how you been doing?keep your eyes on the carrot oops! i meant prize.this is the way.we are neutral.my oh my! what would Jesus do?you ought not to be doing that.we worked the territory.that's a given.the slave says blah blah blah.did you look it up .we just got new light.it's present truth now.nice talk btw.i been meaning to talk to you.guess what so and so said.noooo!realllllyy!woww! is that so.those are the given ones! the chieftains! the glorious ones! armageddon is right around the corner.not that corner the other corner.work along with.theocratic warfare.we have nothing to add.Jehovah's organization is above such a thing.we really only wanted a library card.he she is in good standing.i"m getting dizzy,what do you got to do to geta cup of coffee around here.Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit