unknown to me disassociation

by nightwarrior 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

I am new to all of this, even tho I have not been going to the meetings for nearly 4 years now, through the basic hypocrisy that I faced and the witch hunt I have had to put up with over the last few years. Because I dare to expose the bent dealings of a car salesmen, who happened to be a P>O> I tried to ignore all of this and thought let them get on with it. My wife continued going to the meetings, and was shunned the whole 4 years, despite both of us being very active members of the cong. Until today, I received word that I had disassociated myself!!!!!!!! News to me.

Talk about being surprised, well now, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, the JWs have tried not only to defame my good name, but also tried to destroy my marriage and family..... well we have our Creator on our side and we have stuck together thru all of this, but even my wife has had enough and we are standing as a strong front against these window cleaners, and two bit men...... how dare these so called men try and dismantle our lives, and assume that I no longer want to be associated with them, surely that is for me to make my own mind up and not them.... robots or what......

For all the facts, no one was interested in me when I stopped going to the meetings, but suddenly, because a supposed friend of ours, decided that I fancied her, yeah right.... went to the elders, and hey presto, because I would not attend a Judicial Mtg, remember I had not been attending a mtg for 4 years, it was seen that I DA'd myself.......all because I spoke to an elder over the phone (and another elder, unbeknown to me, was listening to the conversation, so they claim) this constitutes a second witness, so be wary when you are speaking to any of them concerning anything. - data protection act come to mind? This has been flouted, because these men seem to be above the law......

We just cannot believe that this has happened, we still have family on both sides who are JW's, and all are shocked.... So here is the question..

ANYONE WANT TO HELP SUE THE LOT OF THEM.... DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER COMES TO MIND, HYPOCRISY.......IF YOUR FACE FITS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOULIKE, EVEN GET PREGNANT.....

THE CLAIMS GO.ON.... ABOUT TIME SOMEONE TURNED THE TABLES ON THEM, RATHER THAN THEM DOING IT TO US...

Any sound legal advice would be appreciated, because I am now determined more than ever to take the Society and elders to court................

I have to admit it is with sadness, and on reflection that so many people have been affected because we would not tow the line........ The time for exposure is NOW.........

So if any newspapers or anyone wishes to contact me, please do so, as I have 25 years of exposure from child abusers to teen pregnancies, sexual abuse, infidelity by elders...... the list goes on....

All under the umbrella of the Organisation - all in the name of Jehovah God...........

NightWarrior

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

NightWarrior,

Sorry for your troubles, welcome to the Board. More of your story would be cool.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Nightwarrior

Welcome to the board, your not alone!

This is just what happened to my husband Simon, we had a shepherding call to help sort out doubts about the org. A few weeks later 2 elders turn up on a Sunday afternoon and invite Simon to go to the hall for a little 'chat', we had guests so Simon told them it wasnt convenient. A couple of days later we get a letter saying that they accept Simon Da'ing himself on the grounds he refused to meet with them. He goes to PO and then writes to the CO to complain he then is told there will be an appeal meeting which he went to, so he had this meeting for 3 hours with 6 elders and then they decided that they were going to uphold the da'ing on the grounds he refused to meet with them !!!!!! work that one out if you can

But the thing is they will announce it and everyone will assume that you have written a letter doing this yourself because no one knows they do this, we found out this a few months ago when I spoke to somone who had left too - she remembered the announcment but like everyone else thought it was Simon's choice.

This is their sneeky way of getting rid of you if you havent dont anything they can DF you for

Good luck with your legal action

Edited by - angharad on 5 December 2002 5:46:43

• Angharad
    Angharad

Maybe you could get a legal letter to stop them making the announcment

• ugg
    ugg

hi and welcome...question...what did you say on the phone that was so incriminating????????

SHUDDER!!!!!!!!!! I am scared to death of them....i feel sorry for what you are going through!!!!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I would be interested in finding out what exactly is the official position that is be behind the seeming increased numbers of people that have been disassociated in this manner.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but since when and in what circumstances has this been encouraged as a viable option in cases other than blood or military service?

Path

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi and welcome to the board. I'm sorry you've had to go through that experience.

If it's of any help, here is a letter someone (I can't remember who) wrote, threatening legal action should any announcements be made:

To Whom It May Concern,

I have decided that I will not formally disassociate myself from the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses or from Jehovahs Witnesses in general. I came to this decision for several reasons. First, there is nothing I see in the Bible that calls for a formal letter of disassociation in my situation, or any other. It seems to me that the provision of formal disassociation is a matter of convenience for the legal department of the Watchtower Society rather than serving any real religious purpose. It allows people to be pigeon-holed into nice neat little categories rather than dealing with the real issues involved. Also, I have no problem with the P________ Congregation or its members. My disagreement is with certain actions, policies, teachings and writings contained in publications that are produced and in oral teachings promulgated either individually or collectively by the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses and its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc. and the International Bible Students Association.

The purpose of this letter is to clarify certain matters and to secure and protect what I consider basic human rights in dealing with agents of the multinational, multi-billion dollar Watchtower corporations.

Since you have asked me to appear before a judicial committee to face charges of apostacy, there are a few things that I must ask for and which I feel must be clarified before I will even consider meeting with a judicial committee.

1. I shall be notified in writing of the time, place and purpose of any meetings with a judicial committee.

2. I shall be notified in writing of the exact purpose of the meetings.

3. I shall be notified in writing exactly on whose behalf the judicial committee was convened and is acting: the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporation the P________ Company of Jehovahs Witnesses, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., the International Bible Students Association or any other agency not here named.

4. If any other agency other than the one for whom the judicial committee has informed me they are acting for is consulted, reported to, or allowed to have any bearing on the outcome of the judicial process, I will consider the judicial committee as acting in the their behalf.

5. I shall be notified in writing as to my status as a member of any and all of the organizations for which the committee is acting or to which the committee will report.

6. I insist that the judicial committee immediately cease, and in the future desist from any actions toward or against me in behalf of any corporation or organization of which I am not a member.

7. I shall be notified in writing of any accusations against me, the names of persons making such accusations and the substance of any evidence against me.

8. I shall be notified in writing of any and all of my rights and responsibilities involved in the judicial process.

9. I shall be given sufficient time between notification of any meetings with a judicial committee and the time of the actual meeting to prepare a response to any accusations.

10. I shall be allowed to have one person of my choice present during all meetings between me and the judicial committee as an observer. Since I think there is good reason to believe that the judicial committee may consult with one or more lawyers, specifically those employed by the Legal Department of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Incorporated, the person of my choice may also be a lawyer.

11. During the meetings with the judicial committee I and/or my observer will be allowed to take whatever notes we feel are necessary.

Additionally, if the judicial committee takes any judicial action against me :

12. I will not recognize any action taken by the judicial committee as valid unless it is communicated to me in writing, stating the exact nature and reason for the action.

13. In this written communication the judicial committee must state exactly on whose behalf they have taken the action, specifically the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporation the P________ Company of Jehovahs Witnesses, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., the International Bible Students Association or any other agency not here named.

14. If the judicial committee has stated that it is acting only for the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, it is enjoined from notifying any agency outside the congregation of their action. If the judicial committee or anyone acting in their behalf notifies of reports to anyone outside the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, I may take any appropriate legal action.

15. I may appeal any action taken by the judicial committee.

16. Before I will meet with an appeal committee, that committee must notify me in writing of the names of all of the members of the appeal committee and who each one represents: the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporation the P________ Company of Jehovahs Witnesses, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., the International Bible Students Association or any other agency not here named

17. There shall be no contact between the judicial committee and the appeal committee other than to inform them of the time and place of my meetings with them. If I determine that there is any contact, communication or attempt on the part of any of the members of the original judicial committee or anyone acting on their behalf to, in any way prejudice or sway the appeal committee, I will insist that a new appeal committee be formed.

18. I shall be notified in writing of any and all of my rights and responsibilities involved in the appeal process.

19. I shall be allowed to have one person of my choice present during the all meetings between me and the appeal committee. Since I think there is good reason to believe that the appeal committee may consult with one or more lawyers, specifically those employed by the Legal Department of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Incorporated, the person of my choice may also be a lawyer.

20. During the meetings with the appeal committee I and/or my observer will take whatever notes we feel are necessary.

21. I will not recognize any action taken by the appeal committee as valid unless it is communicated to me in writing, stating the exact nature and reason for the action.

22. In this written communication the appeal committee must state exactly on whose behalf they are taking the action, specifically the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporation the P________ Company of Jehovahs Witnesses, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., the International Bible Students Association or any other agency not here named.

23. If the appeal committee has stated that it is acting only for the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, it is enjoined from notifying any agency outside the congregation of their action. If the appeal committee or anyone acting in their behalf notifies or reports to anyone outside the P________ Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, I may take any appropriate legal action.

24. I understand that if I am disfellowshipped by the judicial committee and the disfellowshipping is upheld by the appeal committee that I am, at that point, no longer considered to be one of Jehovahs Witnesses. I also understand that it is
    necessary to make a brief announcement that I have been disfellowshipped. From then on, I will consider any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of similar judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion any of Jehovahs Witnesses to treat me differently from any other person that is not one of Jehovahs Witnesses to be a serious violation of my civil rights and I may initiate any legal action, civil or criminal that I deem appropriate. This includes any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of similar judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion any present Jehovahs Witnesses to shun or avoid me, cease or otherwise modify their doing business with me, or terminate or otherwise abrogate any lease, rental, mortgage, or any other legal agreement that I may presently have with them. I may consider such to be an infringement of free trade and may initiate appropriate legal action.

25. I consider any communication between the members of the judicial committee and myself and the appeal committee and myself to be ecclesiastically privileged. Any attempt to reveal the substance or tone of those communications to any other person or group will be considered by me to be a breach of that privilege and may result in legal action. This includes any announcements beyond the fact of my disfellowshipping, speeches, talks, or any other communication, written or oral, public or private.

I fully realize that you may be unwilling or that the Watchtower corporations will not allow you to comply with the preceding.

I respectfully await your written response

Be sure to keep us informed on how things go.

• Dia
    Dia

Check with Barbara Anderson through silentlambs.

I'm sure people are becoming knowledgeable in this area and getting organized about it.

No sense in reinventing the wheel, y'know.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi NightWarrior,

If you are seriously interested in consultation with a lawyer, you might want to send an email to Kimberlee D. Norris, attorney at law who posts here as CONCERNED LAWYER. Kimberlee's email is [email protected] and her phone number is (817) 335-2800. The Greg Love/Kimberlee Norris law firm has a website here: http://www.lovenorrisattorneys.com/

Kimberlee and her associates have been involved in SilentLambs (sexually abused JWs) litigation primarily, but I would value her suggestions and advice for your case.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 5 December 2002 6:25:13

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

We would just like to say thank you for your support and encouragement that we have recvd since posting this morning.... we are definitely seeking legal advice.

Sadly, as has been mentioned, this seems to becoming a norm for want of a better word, if you do not tow the line.... so be warned....

We will get back to you, in a mo, we are just starting to eat, so we will have more to say in a short while..

Night warrior

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit