people df'd for having sex

by placebo_apothecary 37 Replies latest social relationships

• placebo_apothecary
    placebo_apothecary

was it worth it?

• Gopher
    Gopher

First off, what in blazes does your name mean? Placebo = a fake drug, apothecary = pharmacy.

So are you dispensing fake things? I'm confused.

I wasn't DF'd for having sex. But let me take a guess, in chronological order of the events:

(1) Having sex... Sounds like a very enjoyable time, indeed! I'd think this was worth it, even though the pleasure may be temporary.

(2) Getting DF'd.... This is a bit of a shock treatment, but in the long run, it's a real way to discover how harsh the judiciary/committee system of the JW's is, and therefore is a good way to learn that you no longer wish to be part of a harsh system.

So in the long run, those elders who DF sincere-hearted people are actually doing them a favor in the long run. So yes, that would be worth it too. (Speaking as one who was DF'd on suspicions rather than on any evidence, since there can be no true evidence when one is innocent.)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

hell ya what kinda retarded question is that?

• kelpie
    kelpie

I am not df'd yet but I probably soon will be but I say it will be worth it because I am now living with a wonderful man who I love so much and he loves me back.

My life has never been better.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

no, but I do like fine Cigars....and the dogs have not found this fox out yet...

ash

• placebo_apothecary
    placebo_apothecary

my name has it's own personal meaning which might probably only make sense to me. no i dont 
    think my question was retarded because there is more to think about ;than just how good
    sex is and what being df'd really is. Through my own personal experience i sometimes 
    question whether it was worth my reputation my family and my life. and all the extra bull shit.
  • datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

Yes and Yes

• LB
    LB

So you got dfed for sex then? Is the basis for your question that you want someone else to justify what you've done yourself.

Hey as far as I'm concerned getting out of the borg is the important thing. The shame of it all is losing overanal family members and friends. No shame as far as having sex in my book.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Placebo,

Thanks for the response. (Your response made me scroll left and right to read it all; maybe if you check the "automatic cr/lf" box this won't happen in the future....)

Yeah disfellowshipping hits hard, doesn't it? You mention the loss of friends and family, and there's no denying that once the elders decide to kick you to the curb, that all the JW's join in the conspiracy to "make you feel bad" and to try to knock you down a few notches so that you'll come crawling back to their haughty organization.

Perhaps you can view it this way -- those "friends" who abandoned you, what kind of friends were they? Upon what was their friendship conditioned? Was it merely your standing in the congregation, or was it the kind of person you are?

Since being kicked to the curb myself, I've found people who value me for who I am. I don't have to worry about a "spiritual appearance" or any such showmanship.

And remember, if you believe in God, the elders cannot disfellowship you from God. They can only separate you from a man-made organization.

Do you doubt that it's man-made? Then try reading "Crisis of Conscience" by former Governing Body member Raymond Franz. You can order it through www.commentarypress.com.

Best wishes -- keep reading, keep learning. It gets better.

• placebo_apothecary
    placebo_apothecary

i feel like u r all on some other planet. im thinking totally differently. I'm scared shitliss of this world of everything i never knew. of who to trust of what i should judge them on. i've been disfellowshipped for a year and two months, i live with my "wordly" boyfriend whom i left the organization for and everything is not ok. I wish i could forget everything i was taught but it stays in the back of my head and it drives me crazy, my boyfriend hates my family and the org. he thinks it's destroyed me or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit