Why I have renounced Atheism and become a believer again

by cantleave 39 Replies latest social humour

• galaxie
    galaxie
    The human brain has the ability to allow God (of your choosing) to show himself. Wishing or indeed needing the existence of a God does not mean that God exists in reality,distinguished from the reality of existing in the mind (brain) of the person who requires this area of comfort. Consider that any evidence or reason you have for your belief in God was formulated in the Neuro mechanics of your physical brain.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    We all have our confirmation bias. If a person is happy believing in god or spaghetti then that's fine.....just don't use it as an excuse for inaction or harmful action.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I'm happy for you man. If you want to believe, believe. Just please convince your god to be a kind, loving god, unlike the one I grew up fearing.

There is nothing wrong with having faith in something. My faith is that goodness will prevail over evil, and good men will continue to carry the torch of developing civilization.

• punkofnice
  • prologos
    prologos

cantleave this without a comment. Your second "in the heavens" image says it all. that two-swirl structure is the result of the wing vortices of the Galaxy transport plane's decoy defences.

what we live in are the effects of bigger things that happened before us, and

wwjdnwt we developped to fit perfectly into the conditions that exist on this planet, the way a puddle fits so well into the pothole in the street. No wonder we wonder about that.

I am, content to be a be-leaver. left wt-theism, a-theism to be a deist. pure reason.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

oh man I was so ready to be super annoyed by this post, but that was some good stuff, thank you.

Praise be unto him, the mighty flying spaghetti monster. May he touch you all with his noodley appendage.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ cantleave

I am so happy for you!!!! It is amazing!

I am also a believer.

Don't believe in the jw doctrine (because it is not Biblical), I believe in God, in His Son Jesus and I read the Bible.

May God bless you.

2 corinthians 13:14 "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Punky, The FSM created shaky roads for us to realise his existence ;

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Cantleave - I am still concerned by the toast though....just saying.
  • wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt

prologos you compare a puddle of water to a human being? The WT did a number on all of us who woke up to the lie they are about. But, I never blamed God for what they did to me. It was God who led me out of that religion. It was a pure miracle how God helped me. I prayed and prayed pretty much day and night for weeks asking for direction when I was so confused and blinded by the WT. I was given a different bible one day and I sat there and compared word for word the NWT to this bible. Shocked to see the differences. I was starting to wake up to the truth. This bible was given to me by a stranger! I didn't know the NWT was different. That is was screwed up. Had no clue.

One day at work a huge 1-800 number phone book was delivered to the office. Never had before in the 10 years working there had a 800 book been brought to the office.. I looked up religion. I saw a help line. I called and told the man my struggle with my religion. This man knew Ray Franz. He put me in touch with him. I talked several time to Ray. He sent me his books. I read them. Asked many question. Went to a private home with him and other former JW's and had the memorial with him and partook . That was just the tip of the ice. From there it snowballed. I was searching for truth sincerely with my whole entire being and heart. God didn't ignore me, he helped me. i had never had such faith. You can't begin to find God and know Him without faith. You have faith that we evolved but not faith that we were created. I don't understand that. But the choice is up to each one of us. It is a decision that we each have to make. To believe or not. I choose to believe. To me the evidence is there . It breaks my heart that some JW's choose not to believe in God when they left. The WT , JW's will have to answer to God for stumbling these people. I do think God understands your struggle, the struggles of all former JW's, and He knows what you have been through.

Anyway..my thoughts. I know it is a deep conversation and people have different views. That is ok , doesn't meant I can't tell how I feel about God and my beliefs too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit