bad songs

by freedom96 45 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I was at a wedding where "Love shack" was played by the DJ and the Elders turned it off. Nookie from Limp Bizkit was also banned because of the "stick it in your Yeah" line. Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz was banned because people thought it was about the Devil and/or drugs. Anything Rap/R&B and Rock. I think the only thing we could listen to was hank Williams Sr and Patsy Kline

• Swan
    Swan

Physical.

Losing My Religion.

The theme song to The Smurfs.

Tammy

• happyout
    happyout

Any and all rap. Most dance music, including what was played on the radio.

• undercover
    undercover
    I was at a wedding where "Love shack" was played by the DJ and the Elders turned it off.

I was at a wedding where Huey Lewis and the News' "I Want a New Drug" was cut off in mid-song. I dared the DJ(a dub) to play Weird Al's version "I Want a New Duck". He wouldn't do it.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I used to like "What If God Was One of Us" by J. Osbourne. Had to REALLY listen to that one in secret. LOL

*just a slob like one of us*

• freedom96
    freedom96

Don't forget Michael Jackson being da'd. Couldn't listen to that.

And how they used to say that he lost Jehovah's blessing after he left the organization. That is why he is not as popular.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Ok, don't think I am crazy. But for all those in the US, do you remember the show Mr. ED??? you know the talking horse????????

Well, I couldn't watch that show anymore cause if you played the theme song backwards it was supposed to have demonic messages in it.

Anyone else told this????????

I couldn't listen to Judist Priest----demonic

Black Sabbath, either, even though I grew up listening to it with my "elder" father.

I was raised on heavey metal, and then when I was older, couldn't even listen to the music my dad raised me listening to.

• Jesika
    Jesika

OH OH OH, and Michael Jackson's "Thriller" song either----------anyone else?

• undercover
    undercover
    Don't forget Michael Jackson being da'd. Couldn't listen to that.

And how they used to say that he lost Jehovah's blessing after he left the organization. That is why he is not as popular.

I HATE that kind of reasoning. Does that mean that the faithful pioneer who does everything in his power to further the kingdom good news has lost Jehovah's blessing when he loses his part time job??

Wacko Jacko's loss of popularity (or his success earlier) has NOTHING to do with blessings from God. God don't care about whos on top of the charts or whos the best tennis player or whatever. ARRRGGGHHHHH.

Going to take a Valium now.

• undercover
    undercover
    Ok, don't think I am crazy. But for all those in the US, do you remember the show Mr. ED??? you know the talking horse????????

Well, I couldn't watch that show anymore cause if you played the theme song backwards it was supposed to have demonic messages in it.

Anyone else told this????????

You're not crazy. I remember that too.

When I heard that one, I kinda figured it was all hogwash, this backward masking crap. So I went and re-bought Led Zeppelins fourth album.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit