bad songs

by freedom96 45 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was reading a post that reminded me of the songs that were popular but was wrong to listen to for various reasons.

We all remember Puff the Magic dragon being about drugs, which I hear was just a rumour.

Another I remember was Let it Be by the Beatles, which was " Catholic based about Mary the mother of Jesus" when apparently it was written about Paul McCartney's own mother. Shows what they know.

Which songs do you remember that were "bad" that we were not supposed to listen to?

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Stairway to Heaven...played backwards.

• Mac
    Mac

Come Together...........Beatles

mac

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember too that Styx was accused of having backward satanic messages.

People also used to say that Styx shouldn't be listened to because their name comes from a river in Hell in Greek mythology. The fact was, that most of the people in Styx were Christians, and the name came from the name of the river, but the river went through heaven as well. Their music included heavier rock music as well as ballads, so they thought the name worked perfect; the river going through different areas of life.

Also we were not supposed to listen to anyone gay.

• roybatty
    roybatty

"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones which was supposely about Satan but is actually about...oh wait..never mind.

• undercover
    undercover

Don't remember the title or the band, but: Sha la la la la la live for today and dont worry bout tomorrow...."

Another one: Dont remember the title or band: "One toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line...."

Anything by Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Stones "Her Satanic Majesty's Request" album.

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane(just proving the whole point of the song)

Actually everthing that appealed to me was pretty much labeled as "unwholesome". I used to get grief cause I had all the Beatles albums. And Dylan(he's such a revolutionary character ya know). Parents freaked cause I went to see the Woodstock movie. Imagine if I had gone to the actual event. I'm still buying albums(well, CDs now) from the 60's that I wasn't allowed to have when young.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

"I wanne have sex on the beach" Hehe. There was this couple that had gotten married, and at the party afterwards, this song was played by the dj. One of the elders practically ran across the dancefloor, and made him turn it off.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

*Another One Bites The Dust* by Queen....demonic something or other about it.

Oh, and listen to nothing by K.I.S.S (Knights in Satan's Service)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The ultimate "no-no" song banned by all JW's :

Van Halen: "Runnin' With the Devil" ------------ we all miss you David Lee Roth!!!

Wing Commander

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My mom didn't want me to listen to my Elton John records because he was gay. I asked her why she had Johnny Mathis records. She just looked at me, didn't say a thing, and walked out of my room as I played "Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit