Scriptural Basis of not believing in Hell

by Tirisilex 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

I consider myself somewhat of a scholar.

If your a scholar, why look for answers about hell in the bible. You have studied some backround on the Bible I assume? Your simply using a book FULL of other myths to try and disprove a myth. Eternal suffering imposed by any god is nothing more than a bunch of sick bastards thinking too much. Eternally torment some one????? Oh yeah! ...now thats the God I want to worship. You might as well pray to hitler too.....he liked to torture people.

What a bunch of horseshit!!!!!!!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hell is by it's simplist definition, the complete seperation of the individual from God. Whether you want to see it as an actual physical or spiritual place is up to you. In this "state" of hell joy, love, and happiness are impossible because these things are only possible with God. Worse yet, those in hell choose to be there.

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Gumby,

***I consider myself somewhat of a scholar.

Yes, yes I do..

***If your a scholar, why look for answers about hell in the bible.

I'm not looking for answers about Hell. You misunderstand what I'm studying about. I'm researching the concept of Hell and No Hell beliefs in the many divisions and sects of the religions who base their teachings from Jesus.

***You have studied some backround on theBible I assume?

Some background? No, I've covered alot of background. But It's a close assumption.

***Your simply using a book FULL of other myths to try and disprove a myth.

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything. I'm writing up a synopsis of all the Hell and No Hell beliefs of all the different sects who claim to follow the teachings of Christ. I'm not taking any sides in my study. I'm trying to be objective about the facts I gather.

***Eternal suffering imposed by any god is nothing more than a bunch of sick bastards thinking too

***much. Eternally torment some one????? Oh yeah! ...now thats the God I want to worship. You might as

***well pray to hitler too.....he liked to torture people.

***What a bunch of horseshit!!!!!!!

To some degree I agree with you. Remember I'm not a Christian or a JW. I'm a Buddhist.

Tirisilex

Edited by - Tirisilex on 10 December 2002 20:3:40

• agapeministry2
    agapeministry2

Hi, I just noticed your inquiry and the many replies from the other friends on this forum.

Even though you may think the JWs belief on Hell is better it is still wrong. And wouldn't

you say that it is easier to sell something with an icing on it? Do a study on Sheol, Hades,

and Gehenna and you'll find the correct answer. Do you remember what the Jew believed about

Gehenna? and their interpretation of it etc? It's not to hard to find out.

One source is the RBC people and their booklet "The Eternal Fire" or read Dr. Robert Morey's

book "Death and the Afterlife". You might learn something new on this profound and greatly

debatted subject. See Ya....Love In Christ...Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit