Scriptural Basis of not believing in Hell

by Tirisilex 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocky220
    rocky220

Hell is a state of mind...when you are 12 yrs or so and your JW father gets you pregnant and kills your baby at birth to cover it up and your own mother is in cohoots[reading the child-abuse in Denmark thread] and still your father and mother are in good standing in the congregation....uh..sounds like hell to me!!!!.......rocky220

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Well.. Can someone atleast suggest a book? I'm disheartened by the weak response..

• LittleToe
  • Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

Has onyone ever read the book of Enoch-- Although it is not part of the bible ,,, It is quoted in the book of Jude.-- Therefore the jews of 2000 yrs ago must have been familiar with it. In the 22nd chapter on Enoch it tells were the souls and spirits of men go when they die. It also names the leaders of the angels who came down and sinned with the daughters of men. A very interesting read.. Live long and prosper... Spock

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Is that what you're looking for...mr spock

Tirisilex: you said... Most Bible believing people believe in a God who holds an Unending wrath of torment against those who just simply do not believe in him. JW's atleast see a God who instead of having an Unending Wrath of torment give those who he see's unworthy a void of death where there is no eternal suffering.

well, i believe the Bible inasmuch as it contains historical content, etc. and those aren't the Gods I see....?***? I think most bible-believing people don't see God for who He really is and just make stuff up to suit their own petty agendae...

the JW "god" is a hitman in the sky...the JW view takes a dim view of opposers and rejoices in the destruction "SCHADENFREUDE"(sp?) while they are wisked away to a new england idlyllic paradise in the countryside while people get eaten by dogs, trampled in their winepresses of blood and sucked down into cracks in the earth.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

BTW Trisilex I can recommend lots of books...just cruise the amazon ads here on books by Ray Franz, Penton and others...EXCellent reading.

why do you want the mindless jw view anyways...there's so much more out there...you got the juiced up nwt and the "reasoning"(lol) book, now all u need is a study (lol)..

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

Sunscapes--- Genesis 6 Giants, Yes I read the book 3 months ago-an excellent read.. But did not agree with all the statements in the book. You know as well as I do that you don't need to be a mason to become a JW....Also, if all the nephilim were destroyed during the flood, How could their genes have survived to future generations---- and why no giants in our day... Live long and prosper... Spock

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

For a JW site there arent many people posting in this thread who dont seem to support their viewpoints that much.

**why do you want the mindlessjw view anyways...there's so much more out there...

I'm not only researching Hell / No Hell from JW's alone I'm trying to gather a synopsis from all Divisions and Sects that have sprouted from Christs Teachings.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    For a JW site there arent many people posting in this thread who dont seem to support their viewpoints that much.

Well, there's part of the problem right there. This is not a JW site. It is an open site that allows anyone to register and post, whether JW, ex-JW, "apostate" (as defined by the Watchtower Society), or simply interested party/none of the above.

The problem is that JW's are taught that they are not to go to sites where they can converse with apostates. They are forbidden by the organization to participate here. In that atmosphere, it is inevitable that any open site, which has not been restricted exclusively to faithful JW's, will become primarily an apostate site. Faithful JW's who stumble upon it will adjust their mental blinders and run away quickly. Therefore, only the apostates are left to dominate the place.

So if you're here trying to find people who support and promote JW doctrine, you may have a difficult time of it. Beside that, if you're trying to find the JW position on issues, you need to understand that for JW's, the only acceptable source of doctrine is the "faithful and discreet slave," i.e., their organization. So the only source of doctrinal information acceptable to the JW's is in the publications of the Watchtower Society. If you want to know the JW position on hell, there is no other place to get it than to look it up in Watchtower publications.

Now, if you want to read arguments of other groups who are doctrinally similar to the JW's in this area, you could refer to groups such as the various Bible Student groups, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Worldwide Church of God, the Christadelphians - each of those groups (and others that could be named) denies the doctrine of hell similarly to the JW's. And each produces some literature on the topic. The arguments are likely to be similar, but each would have a slightly different take on the issue.

If you are, as you say, trying to get a take on the hell doctrine as understood by various Christian groups, I would think you'd get a wealth of information simply by typing the word "Hell" into a search engine. There's certainly plenty of information out there.

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Thank you, I am familiar with the Christadelphians. But thank you for the list of other organizations. I didnt know the Seventh-day Adventists didnt believe in a Hell.
    I have been discussing the topic with a Uniatarian Universalist although he doesnt completely consider himself a true memebr of that church. For him it comes down to a matter of incorrect translating of a few words from the "original" texts. Aonius is one such word which he finds controversal.. Does it mean everlasting, eternal? or does it mean a long period of time? thus suggesting an eventual end. He has provided quotes from the Septuigant (Greek NT and OT bible) where the word Aonius doesnt make sense to mean eternal but as an Age in the sense as "The Bronze Age". However it's been some heavy research on my part in the fact that I'm testing and reveiwing all arguements.. I'm trying to keep an Objective view on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit