Scriptural Basis of not believing in Hell

by Tirisilex 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

I am not a Jehovah Witness however I'm ver interested in JW doctrine. I consider myself somewhat of a scholar.
    I first attempted to get my questions answered by having JW's come to my home. However, I was most disappointed because they were too busy trying to recruit me than trying to answer my questions. I found that a complete turn off. (Who wouldnt?)
    So I decided to try a forum instead. Hopefully I'll have better luck here. I have a copy of the "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures" as Well as "Reasoning from the Scriptures"
    I'm looking for further scriptural support other than what can be found in these 2 books..
    Thats is of course if there is any more?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Well, modest as you are, considering yourself "somewhat of a scholar", it shouldn't be too hard to look up some of the hundreds of books that have debunked the hell theory, should it?

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Sure I can do that.. However, I'm looking for the Jehovah Witness reasoning on the subject. If someone could suggest a book based on JW theology that would be great!

• Shakita
    Shakita

The JW scriptural basis for not believing in Hell is all found in the book you have, Reasoning from the Scriptures on page 168-175. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

Just for laughs:

"Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches."--Jim Carrey

Mrs. Shakita

Edited by - shakita on 2 December 2002 10:44:43

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Just out of curiosity, do You believe in a fiery Hell?

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Well if your gonna ask what I believe in.. I'm a Buddhist. I believe there are many kinds of Hells. All of which are created by ones state of mind due to each owns personal actions and instabilities.. I believe there are firely hells and there are cold hells.. There are many kinds of hells much like in the movie "What Dreams may come." Although I do believe this I don't believe these places are eternal. They are not eternal places of torment.. They can escaped but it is not easy and if you do escape it still seems like an eternity. The Buddhist viewpoint have enlightened beings who go on a mission (sort of speak) to go and help save those in the hells.
    I hope you can tolerate having me here.. I'm only really interested in discussing Jehovah Witness beliefs but if you must ask me questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Tirisilex

Edited by - Tirisilex on 2 December 2002 19:11:39

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Tirisilex,

Welcome aboard. As you can see, you will get more of the negative side of the JW's on this site, due to their stringent laws, cutting family, friends, ect.. off for not staying in line with them. But i think you can pick through the negativity, and get some real good info. If i can be of any assistance, let me know.

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Thanx, just one thing.. Who are you? I cant see any names to go with each post.. Oh wait, I can when I'm posting a reply. TY Sangdigger. I hope I can learn alot here even though I'm Buddhist I have a passion to know all beliefs.. I've found that JW's, Christadelphians and most Christian Mystics have a more Compassionate God in their understanding of the Bible than most Christians with their wrathful God who bestoes an eternal firey torment.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Jws have a more compassionate God in their understanding of the bible" ???

Are you saying that it's kinder to "put people down" that aren't like yourself ?

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

I suggested nothing of the sort. Most Bible believing people believe in a God who holds an Unending wrath of torment against those who just simply do not believe in him. JW's atleast see a God who instead of having an Unending Wrath of torment give those who he see's unworthy a void of death where there is no eternal suffering.
    Which view do you find kinder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit