W T S RESPONSE TO "RAND CAM" ALLEGAT...

by BluesBrother 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Yes! I found this today at work while looking into some of our private databases and wondered if you'd ever seen this former name before .. notice the "Reg Resources Corporation" ----------BugParadise

Bugs, I like item 6, "excessive discretion granted to the board to grant options." Don't recall which corp it was, I believe Reg Tech, which did not want any shares sold to US residents. I'm so irritated, finally on a new computer and for some reason it won't read my discs with the Reg Resources files ! Back to the database ! But Reg Resources was into drilling, not sure what else. The JWD thread below has more on Reg Resources.

This is a relevant part of a wire from 1987, before Reg Resources became Reg Tech.

March 17, 1987, Tuesday

HEADLINE: REG-RESOURCES; (RRE.V) Reg Resources and BTC Engineering report on
    Rand Cam-Engine

DATELINE: RICHMOND, British Columbia

BODY:
    Reg Resources Corp. can earn a 40 percent interest in Rand Technologies Inc. (a
    private company) which owns 100 percent interest in all rights, title and
    patents to the engine
    , by spending $200,000 on the development of the working
    model Rand Cam-Engine.

______________________________________________________________________________

Reg Resources Corp became Reg Tech, (who's subsidiary is Regi, who financed their (regi's) operations mainly through a cost sharing arrangement and "funding received from our affiliate companies (common directors) and our controlling shareholder, Rand Energy Group Inc. and its 51% shareholder Reg Technologies

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36270&site=3&page=2

Copyright 1992 PR Newswire Association, Inc.

October 14, 1992, Wednesday

HEADLINE: PROTOTYPE COMPLETION DATE MOVED UP FOR THE RAND CAM/DIRECT CHARGE
    ENGINE

DATELINE: RICHMOND, British Columbia, Oct. 14

BODY:

Reg Resources Corp. (NASDAQ: REG RF) (soon to be Reg Technologies Inc.)today announced significant developments in the building and launching of
    the Rand Cam/Direct Charge engine. According to a recent report by the Center
    for Research Applications (CIRA), the engine is currently in its optimization
    stage at West Virginia University, Morgantown, Va. CIRA believes that a working
    prototype will be ready for development by December 1992 and can have the engine
    ready for production within the year.

CIRA believes there is tremendous potential for the Rand-Cam/Direct Charge
    engine market (up to 50 hp). The engine's simple design (only three main moving
    parts) will reduce product assembly costs, allowing industrial corporations to
    manufacture more durable products at a fraction of their current weights and at
    very competitive prices.

Reg Resources Corp. has been accepted for listing on the NASDAQ OTC bulletin
    board - symbol: REG RF. Public Securities of Spokane, Washington is the market
    maker and their telephone number for US callers is: 800-925-5157. Canadian
    callers: 509-466-2440.

The Vancouver Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the
    information contained herein. CONTACT: John G. Robertson president of Reg
    Resources Corp.,
    800-661-6465, or 604-278-4455, or fax 604-278-3653

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36270&site=3&page=2

____________________________________________________________________________________________ Copyright 2001 Business Wire, Inc.
    Business Wire

November 19, 2001, Monday

HEADLINE: Reg Technologies, Inc. & REGI U.S., Inc. Announce Agreement Completed With ColTec, Inc. for the Rand Cam Diesel Engine

DATELINE: VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 19, 2001

BODY:
    Reg Technologies, Inc. (RRE.V) (OTCBB:REGRF) and its U.S. subsidiary REGI U.S., Inc. (OTCBB:RGUS) wish to announce that it has agreed to assist ColTec, Inc. to prepare and submit a proposal as the prime contractor to a military contract to undertake an initial two year high power development phase proposal for the Rand Cam(TM) Diesel engine. REGI has agreed that upon an award of the military contract to ColTec, ColTec will be granted a non-exclusive license for applications under the said military contract in consideration for $100,000 U.S. initial royalty fee and a 5% royalty fee of the purchase price for each engine sold to the military. Patrick Badgley, Chief Engineer for REGI, stated that he is very pleased that we are working with ColTec's team of creative, high energy engineers with over 50 years combined expertise in the internal combustion, gas turbine, and rotary engine development and engineering services.

ABOUT ColTec, Inc.

ColTec, Inc., located in Columbus, Indiana, has dedicated professionals who use the latest engineering hardware and MS Windows-based CAD/CAE software to solve tough technical problems. In the last 12 years, with the assistance of its professional engineers and PhD's, ColTec has completed over 200 analysis, design, and prototype demonstration projects. ColTec has over 50 years combined experience in providing engineering services utilizing state-of-the art computer/engineering application technologies.

ABOUT REG TECHNOLOGIES, INC./REGI U.S., INC.

Reg Technologies, Inc. jointly owns the worldwide rights to the Rand Cam(TM) rotary technology with its U.S. subsidiary REGI U.S., Inc. and is currently incorporating its latest winged rotor technology to dramatically improve sealing and reduce friction in the diesel Rand Cam(TM) engine. The Company has designed and built an air pump for fuel cell applications as well as an air pump for the lumbar seats in automobiles and has filed for a patent for a Hydrogen Separator Technology. The Company has also built a compressor for air conditioning units for buses.

The Company's goal is to license the technology and/or to participate in joint ventures to manufacture specific Rand Cam(TM) applications and the Hydrogen Separator Technology.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

John Robertson President

• Gerard
    Gerard

Nice job guys! The corporate relationships are better understood now, and partial ownership by the Watchtower Society is undisputable....so who is going to believe their "I didn't do it"?

If someday this information hits the mass media they'll have a lot of damage-repair to do. But sadly is not as catchy to reporters as sexual abuse. In the mean time, who knows about this but the forum members?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Gerry, some of the US media has this info, but like you said, the general public doesn't wait with bated breath for news regarding the WTS, unless of course there's sex or murder plots involved.

But who was this privately held "Rand Technologies Inc." that Reg Tech received 40% interest in and ultimately was granted another 11%, making Reg majority shareholder? Could it be?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright 2000 CMP Publications, Inc.
    Electronic Buyers News Extra Supplement
    May 15, 2000

HEADLINE: The 2000 Top 10 Nonfranchised Distributors (Part 3 of 3)

BODY:
    Top 10 Nonfranchised Distributors
    Companies Sales ($mil)
    1999 1998
    1. NECX.com LLC 287.0 244.0
    2. Smith & Associates 282.0 423.0
    3. Classic Components Corp 255.0 178.0
    4. America II Electronics 190.0 175.0
    5. American IC Exchange 121.0 95.0
    6. Advanced MP Technology 103.0 102.0
    7. Rand Technology Inc 82.3 37.2

7. Rand Technology Inc.

2132 Michelson

Irvine, Calif. 92612

(800) 249-7265

www.randtech.com

North American calendar-year sales

1999: $82.3 million

1998: $37.2 million

1999 global sales: $101.9 million

1999 net income: n/a

Fiscal year ends: Dec. 31

Fiscal 1999 sales: $101.9 million

Fiscal 1998 sales: $40.4 million

Verification: letter from chief financial officer

Management: Andrea Klein, chief executive, Donna Merhab, president Jeffrey
    Elder, chief operating officer, chief financial officer Gary Brewer, senior vice
    president, sales and business development

Major lines: n/a

Number of employees: 63

Domestic sales branches: Irvine, Calif. (949) 250-6770

Type of distributor: broad-line

Value-added services: ISO 9002 same-day tape-and-reel component testing and
    programming bar-coding excess stock management volume-purchase agreements
    warranty to manufacturer's form, fit, and function EDI 24-hour operations,
    global logistics

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

what's interesting is that Coltec, the company that is involved with the military contract with Reg, in the above post:

ABOUT ColTec, Inc. ColTec, Inc., located in Columbus, Indiana, has dedicated professionals who use the latest engineering hardware and MS Windows-based CAD/CAE software to solve tough technical problems. In the last 12 years, with the assistance of its professional engineers and PhD's, ColTec has completed over 200 analysis, design, and prototype demonstration projects. ColTec has over 50 years combined experience in providing engineering servicesutilizing state-of-the art computer/engineering application technologies.

and then look at the logos on the bottom of the page at: http://www.rand.com/na/index.htm

(there's alot of info at this site that you've most likely seen already, but the point is that Rand Technologies, Rand Worldwide, etc., etc., (like Coltec) are involved in computer/engineering technologies, electronics. (remember IAS, Information Highway, etc., etc.,) (there's also a photo of drilling on one of the pages at that website)

edited to correct link

Edited by - deddaisy on 3 December 2002 14:53:34

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Gerard,

To answer your question about "who else knows aboout this other than the members of this forum?" I sent an email to Forbes magazine about this just a couple of weeks ago.

Who wants to sign on for a little letterwriting campaign? I would suggest that we hold off until we know what response REGI offerred to DevonMcBride's inquiry mentioned above.

Other good contacts might be Fortune magazine, Newsweek, Time, The Wall Street Journal, and Investor's Business Daily.

Then we have the various religious and church magazines like Christianity Today. A quick search of Yahoo! provided some additional names: Adventist Today ; Antithesis; Baptist Bible Tribune; Bible Advocate Online; Bible Magazine Internet Edition; The Bible Project; Biblical Recorder; Boundless; Brio Magazine; Christ Path; Christian Activities Online; Christian Digest; Christian Internet Forum; Christian Mirror; Christian Network; Compass: A Jesuit Journal; The Correspondent; Crowned With Silver; Cry Aloud Cybermagazine;
    Dirty Hippy Liberal Christian Home Journal; Discipleship Journal; Divine Ascent; Duke InterVarsity;
    Dunamis Life; eRev.net; Eternal Value Review; Expository Files; First Fruits of Zion; Friends Journal; Generation; GoMinister.com; Good News Unlimited; The Gospel Trail; Guideposts; Hal Lindsey Oracle; Heartlight; The Hitchhiker's Guide; Hype; Inside Faith Magazine; Insight Magazine;
    The Intelligent Christian; International Ambassador; International Fides Service; Interpretation;
    JesusJournal.com; Life in the Spirit; Light Magazine; The Lighthouse; Liturgy Canada; The
    Living Pulpit; Loxafamosity; The Lutheran Magazine; Maranatha Christian Journal; Midnight Call Magazine; Milieu; Moody Magazine; National Liberty Journal; National Outlook; Network News;
    New Creation Magazine; New Man; New Wineskins Magazine; The Plain Truth; Power Latent In Man (PLIM) Report; Prayboy Magazine; Preaching Magazine; Prophecy in the News; PropheZine;
    Pursuing God Today; Real Magazine; Relevant Magazine; Shoot the Messenger; Sojourners Online;
    Spectrum Magazine; SpiritLed Woman; Spirituality For Today; St. Anthony Messenger; T4J Magazine; Tales for the Traveler, Tales for the Soul; The Loop; The Other Side; The Word Among Us (TWAU); TheOoze Community; Third Way; Truth Seeker; United Church Observer; Verdades Vivas - Living Truths; VirtuousReality.com; Voicings Publications; Watchman Magazine; World on the Web;
    World Unificationist Student Review; You!

These are just contacts in the USA, there could well be others here and many others in Canada, Great Britain, Europe and Asia. As our old drunk buddy Joe Rutherford bellowed, "Advertise, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!!!" One thing we learned so well from the WTS is that any publicity campaign is ultimately all about numbers - saturation bombing with information. It helps that we have verifiable objective truth on our side too.

I wonder how after all these years REGI can "undonate" the shares. Would there be SEC consequences?

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 3 December 2002 15:49:32

• Gerard
    Gerard
    "I wonder how after all these years REGI can "undonate" the shares. Would there be SEC consequences?"

It is extremely simple to sell shares. Happens all the time in the stock markets; One phonecall and it's gone. If it was a profitable bussines then it would be interesting to watch the inside trading, but likely, they will just get rid of those stocks and then pretend they never owned them.

Gerry

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    deddaisy: (there's alot of info at this site that you've most likely seen already, but the point is that Rand Technologies, Rand Worldwide, etc., etc., (like Coltec) are involved in computer/engineering technologies, electronics. (remember IAS, Information Highway, etc., etc.,) (there's also a photo of drilling on one of the pages at that website)

Interesting! I will try and run these other names in the databases this week at work and see what I can find!

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Ok I was going through some old files and found this email from 1-2-2002 .. I clicked on the Engine, Cam and brought up the page below .. I didn't try to go any further because I didn't sign back up for this site when they raised the prices this last time .. I thought the search result was interesting .. not sure about the rest of the names. Anyone recognize any of them beside Robertson and McCann..

REGI US INCThe following names appear in REGI US INC's SEC filings. Click on an individual's name to show a list of all documents containing a discussion of this individual. You will then be able to use EDGAR Online People to explore **inside** each document to find executive compensation, corporate biographies, stock options - anywhere an individual's name is mentioned!
    ANDERSON, ELLIOT TULK PRYCE
    ANDERSON, ELLIOTT TULK PRYCE
    BADGELY, PATRICK
    BADGLEY, PATRICK R.
    BADGLEY, PETER
    BADGLEY, PATRICK
    CABINETS, NICKELS CUSTOM
    CHERRY, BRIAN
    COLEMAN, CAROL
    DEERE, JOHN
    ENGINE, CAM
    LAMARCHE, PAUL
    LORETTE, JENNIFER H.
    LORETTE, JENNIFER
    MCCANN, JAMES
    ROBERTSON, KELLY
    ROBERTSON, JOHN
    ROBERTSON, JOHN G.
    ROBERTSON, SUSANNE M.
    VANDEBERG, JAMES
    VANDEBERG, JAMES L.
    WALLACE, OGDEN MURPHY
    WRIGHT, CURTISS

• BugParadise
  • BugParadise
    BugParadise

It let me in to get the documents so I grabbed a Proxy and embedded the page .. just wondered if it's showing up for the rest of you. If not I will cut and paste the info and notice what the rules are when it comes to Proxy .. I don't think the Watchtower is telling the truth with their feigning ignorance. There is no way to get by without signing off on this proxy by the Shareholders themselves or an attorney for the Shareholders.

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS RECOMMENDS A VOTE FOR PROPOSAL NO. 2.

OTHER BUSINESS

---------------

The Board of Directors knows of no other matters to be brought before the

shareholders at the Annual Meeting. In the event other matters are presented

for a vote at the Meeting, the proxy holders will vote shares represented by

properly executed proxies in their discretion in accordance with their

judgment on such matters.

At the Meeting, management will report on the Company's business and

shareholders will have the opportunity to ask questions.

October 5, 1998 BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

John G. Robertson, President

PROXY FOR ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS

OF

REGI U.S. INC.

PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN IMMEDIATELY

I, the undersigned shareholder of REGI U.S., INC. (the "Company"),

hereby nominate, constitute and appoint John Robertson, the President and a

Director of the Company, or failing him,____________________ (with full power

to act alone), as my true and lawful attorney, with full power of

substitution, to vote for me and in my name, place and stead all of the stock

of the Company standing in my name and on its books on September 24, 1998

(the "Record Date"), at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held in

meeting room 216 at the Holiday Inn, Vancouver Airport, 10720 Cambie road,

Richmond, British Columbia, Canada at 10:00 a.m., on Monday, November 2,

1998, or at any adjournments thereof, with all the powers the undersigned

would possess if personally present, as follows:

THIS PROXY IS BEING SOLICITED ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE

COMPANY AND WILL BE VOTED "FOR" THE INDIVIDUALS AND THE PROPOSITION LISTED

BELOW UNLESS THE SHAREHOLDER, BY SO SIGNIFYING IN THE SPACES PROVIDED BELOW,

WITHHOLDS AUTHORITY TO VOTE FOR THEM OR VOTES AGAINST SAID PROPOSITION.

1. ELECTION OF DIRECTORS. ELECTING THE PERSONS LISTED BELOW TO SERVE AS

DIRECTORS FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.

John Robertson FOR / / WITHHOLD / /

Brian Cherry FOR / / WITHHOLD / /

2. APPROVAL OF ELLIOTT TULK PRYCE ANDERSON, CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS, AS AUDITORS

OF THE COMPANY UNTIL THE CLOSE OF THE NEXT ANNUAL MEETING.

FOR / / WITHHOLD / / ABSTAIN / /

3. OTHER MATTERS. In their discretion, upon such other matters as may

properly come before the meeting.

The Board of Directors recommends a vote "FOR" the individuals and the

proposition listed above.

DATED , 1998.

-------------------------------

- -----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

-------------

Name of Shareholder (please print) Name of Shareholder (please print)

- -----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

Signature of Shareholder Signature of Shareholder

No. of Shares:

--------------------------

WHEN SIGNING AS ATTORNEY, EXECUTOR, ADMINISTRATOR, TRUSTEE OR GUARDIAN,

PLEASE GIVE FULL TITLE. IF MORE THAN ONE TRUSTEE, ALL SHOULD SIGN. ALL

JOINT OWNERS MUST SIGN. WE URGE YOU TO SIGN AND RETURN THIS PROXY AS

PROMPTLY AS POSSIBLE TO NEVADA AGENCY & TRUST COMPANY, 50 WEST LIBERTY

STREET, SUITE 880, RENO, NV. 89501 - WHETHER OR NOT YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE

MEETING IN PERSON. IF YOU DO ATTEND THE MEETING, YOU MAY THEN WITHDRAW YOUR

PROXY. THE PROXY MAY BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO ITS EXERCISE.

NOTES TO FORM OF PROXY

THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS PROXY WILL BE VOTED OR WITHHELD FROM VOTING ON

ANY POLL AS REQUESTED BY A SHAREHOLDER OR PROXYHOLDER (PROVIDED THE

INSTRUCTIONS ARE CERTAIN). IF THE SHAREHOLDER HAS SPECIFIED A CHOICE WITH

RESPECT TO ANY OF THE ITEMS ABOVE BY MARKING AN "X" IN THE SPACE PROVIDED FOR

THAT PURPOSE THE SHARES WILL BE VOTED ON ANY POLL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THAT

CHOICE. (IN THE ABSENCE OF INSTRUCTIONS MADE ON A FORM OF PROXY, IT IS THE

INTENTION OF THE MANAGEMENT DESIGNEE, IF NAMED AS PROXY, TO VOTE FOR THE

APPROVAL OF ALL OF THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THE NOTICE OF MEETING.)

THIS PROXY CONFERS DISCRETIONARY AUTHORITY WITH RESPECT TO AMENDMENTS OR

VARIATIONS OF THE MATTERS IDENTIFIED IN THE NOTICE OF MEETING AND WITH

RESPECT TO OTHER MATTERS WHICH MIGHT PROPERLY COME BEFORE THE MEETING.

A Shareholder has the right to designate a person (who need not be a

Shareholder of the Company), other than directors, officers of the Company

and the management designee, to attend and act for him at the Meeting. Such

right may be exercised by inserting in the blank space provided in the Form

of Proxy, the name of the person to be designated and deleting therefrom, the

names of the management designee or by completing another proper form of

proxy and delivering same to the office of the Transfer Agent of the Company,

Nevada Agency & Trust Company, 50 West Liberty Street, Suite 880, Reno, NV,

89501 - no later than forty-eight (48) hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays,

and holidays) before the time set for the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.

The Form of Proxy, to be valid, must be signed by the Shareholder or by his

attorney duly authorized in writing, or, if the Shareholder is a corporation,

the Form of Proxy shall be executed by an officer of such corporation or by

an attorney duly authorized in writing. If the Form of Proxy is executed by

an attorney for an individual shareholder or by an officer or attorney of a

corporate shareholder, the instrument so empowering the officer or attorney,

as the case may be, or a notarial copy thereof, must accompany the Form of

Proxy.

A proxy to be effective must be deposited at the office of the Transfer Agent

of the Company, no later than forty-eight (48) hours (excluding Saturdays,

Sundays and holidays) before the time set for the Meeting or any adjournment

thereof.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is not the first time the Society supports war industry by their commercial enterprises:

*** jv 640-1 28 Testing and Sifting From Within ***
    A related problem arose in Australia starting in 1938 and escalated during the ban on the Society (January 1941 to June 1943). In order to care for what at the time seemed to be valid needs, the branch office of the Society got directly involved in a variety of commercial activities. Thus, a great mistake was made. They had sawmills, more than 20 Kingdom farms, an engineering company, a bakery, and other enterprises. Two commercial printeries provided a cover for continued production of the Societys publications during the ban. But some of their business operations got them involved in violations of Christian neutrality, the work being done on the pretext of providing funds and supporting the pioneers during the ban. The consciences of some, however, were deeply disturbed. Although the majority stayed with the organization, general stagnation in the work of Kingdom proclamation set in. What was holding back Jehovahs blessing?
    When the ban on the work was lifted in June 1943, the brothers then at the branch office appreciated that these enterprises should be disposed of, in favor of focusing on the all-important preaching of the Kingdom. In the space of three years, this was accomplished, and the Bethel family was reduced to a normal size. But it was still necessary to clear the air and thus restore complete confidence in the organization.
    Nathan H. Knorr, the president of the Society, and his secretary M. G. Henschel visited Australia specifically to deal with this situation in 1947. In reporting on the matter, The Watchtower of June 1, 1947, said of the commercial activity that had been carried on: It was not the every-day secular work of brethren engaged in making a living that was involved, but it was the fact that the Societys Branch office had obtained various kinds of industries and called in publishers from all parts of the country, particularly pioneers, to work in these industries rather than preaching the gospel. This had led even to indirect involvement in the war effort. At conventions in each of the provincial capitals, Brother Knorr spoke frankly to the brothers about the situation. At each assembly a resolution was adopted in which the Australian brothers acknowledged their error and asked Jehovahs mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

Maybe they again are in need "to speak frankly to the brothers about the situation". Maybe they could take a look at the Australian resolution.

*** yb83 97-8 Australia ***
    Following is the full text of the resolution adopted by the brothers in assembly in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Launceston, Brisbane and Sydney:
    THAT we may enter with clean hands and hearts upon the blessed postwar privileges of service which our brethren in all other lands are enjoying, we do not wish to shield ourselves from any due responsibility for this falling off, both in publishers of Gods Kingdom and in the publication of the Kingdom message.
    THEREFORE, that no secret faults may cling to us, we desire herewith, in the presence of Jehovah God and His King Jesus Christ, to confess that during World War II we put forth our hands in various ways to the iniquity of this world at war; we put various properties of Gods consecrated people to what we now realize was a part of the war effort and propaganda, thereby violating the true neutrality of all footstep followers of Christ Jesus who were in the world but not authorized to be part of it. This, as is very evident to us now, has not had Jehovahs blessing. It has brought reproach and misunderstanding with respect to his name and cause, and has troubled and weakened the brethren. We do not wish to shift the blame for this course of conduct upon any particular one or ones, but wish humbly to confess to a common responsibility for this matter here in Australia.
    THEREFORE, we, Jehovahs witnesses in this great Continent, do hereby confess our sins and faults and shortcomings openly and jointly before Him and we do ask his forgiveness and mercy through Christ Jesus, that he may blot out our transgressions. Trusting in his gracious restoration of us to his favor, we declare our purpose to walk more circumspectly through this postwar period, turning away from worldliness and seeking to maintain our integrity henceforth unspotted from the world.

(Bold text by me.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit