W T S RESPONSE TO "RAND CAM" ALLEGAT...

by BluesBrother 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I would love to hear what Rand Cam has to say since according to the Watchtower, they made the error. I am mailing my letter to them as soon as I can get a scanned copy of the WT letter.

John Robertson, President 604/278-5996

Fax 604/278-3409

[email protected]

Reg Technologies Inc.#120-3011 Viking Way
    Richmond, British Columbia
    Canada V6V 1W1
    Tel: (604) 278-5996
    1-800-661-6465
    Fax: (604) 278-3409
    [email protected]

Edited by - devonmcbride on 30 November 2002 22:18:50

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    Deddaisy: One filing even states that the stock was donated to the WTS with voting proxy retained ! Another overlooked error?!

I believe the Watchtower has to sign off each year on their proxy statement .. this is something not even McCaan can do for them. This allows him to legally stand in as their proxy but I also believe it has to be filed yearly if not quarterly. The Company would send this directly to the Watchtower to sign off on it.

• zev
    zev

HERE IS THE SCAN OF THE FAX:

here is the trickieness in the wording :

After looking into this matter when it was first raised, we found that none of the legal corporations used by the Governing Body in caring for Kingdom interests own stock in the Rand Cam Corporation

sure. none of the "legal" ones. get it?

and "legal corporations used by the Governing Body in caring for Kingdom interests" .

what is that? pure horse manure folks. thats theocratic warefare right there in black and white.

maybe the stock in rand cam isn't used by the "governing body" for kingdom interests, BUT SOMEONE IS!!!

and one of the MANY corporations that the WATCHTOWER umbrella falls under is PROFITING from that venture.

in no way can anyone convince me they didn't know.

this is JUST like the UN debacle. caught red handed. then play stupid, and deny, deny, deny.

Edited by - zev on 1 December 2002 9:9:24

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Thanks to all for the information. This will be printed out and added to our file of "damning evidence"

It sounds a bit like the "Charity status" situation, of making each congregation a charity in its own right. Was this to ensure that if a congregation were to go against the charity laws, it would not drag down or effect the "mother organisation" - whoever that might be.

The example of "an apple" as opposed to "apples", (hit the nail on the head :)

Following this saga with great interest.

KT

• jgnat
    jgnat

deddaisy, I can understand your frustration with scandal. Uncovering lies and coverups by the Watchtower Society are not the best way to encourage a rank-and-file witness out of the society. That does not mean, however, that these investigations have no value. I give you two thoughts:

1. What is the best way to get loved ones out of the WTS?

Witnesses are pre-warned that they are going to hear "lies" from "Satan" about the Faithful and Discreet Slave. By passing on this information, you are simply confirming for your mom that you are hopelessly embedded in Satan's system. An old preacher once said, "Don't try and take a dirty old bone away from a dog. He could bite you. Throw a big, juicy bone in front of him, and he'll drop the old one." The Society is all your mother knows about goodness and love. It is not hard for you to top the Society. Show love, concern, care, and practical helps to your mom. It will take a while, but this gentle "guerilla warfare" will work away at her old resistance.

2. Of what value is scandal?

It validates for those of us that are "out" that we made the right decision. For those starting to doubt the honesty of the WTS, something like this can be the final straw on the way out. It forces the WTS to take themselves off their pedestal (if someone doesn't push them off first). Besides, legal bills and lawsuits are expensive. Money that might have been used for ever grander expansion is being drained away in self defence. Honesty and integrity is far less expensive than coverups. Perhaps with enough "hits", the society may wake up that it's arrogant attitude is too expensive. They can no longer claim to be the only "righteous" organization on earth, they are just like every other man-made organization. I think the WTS is long overdue some major humbling. A humble and contrite heart, God will not despise. And the organization might just become a kinder, gentler version of itself. Call me an optomist. I can dream, can't I?

• rocky220
    rocky220

"The Watchtower Society was erroneously listed as stockholder".......oh really?....So I guess the S.E.C. who are held to the strictest regulations so much so that the lastest Director of that department had to step down for another scandal well covered on TV, just pulled WT's name out of a hat and just decided that they were stockholders of over 5 million shares! Wow, isn't that interesting! Covering their asses is all they know how to do.....but this isn't over, not by a long shot................rocky220

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

jgnat, wise words spoken, but it's not my mom that is in denial, it's Country girl's. I only agreed with CG that it is indeed frustrating to have a discussion with a person who has already decided that you are nothing more than someone trying to stumble him or her. I mentioned being, in the words of CG, "tired of the nonsense," but was actually referring to the WTS's nonsense. The WTS's so called reasonings are ludicrous.

1) June 1996: REGISTRATION STATEMENT NO. 33-96974 Amendment No. 3 to FORM SB-2
    Registration Statement under THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933

This REGISTRATION STATEMENT NO. 33-96974 says on page 44, "2. Rand Energy Group is owned 51% by Reg Technologies Inc. and 49% by Rand Cam Engine Corp. Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization but has retained a voting proxy for those shares." (emphasis added)

Nathan was kind enough to post this info which states that McCann DONATED THE SHARES held by the Watchtower Society, NOT donated PROFITS from shares as the WTS claims! It also is EXPLICIT in stating that HE HAS RETAINED A VOTING PROXY ON THOSE SHARES! Again, shares, not profit from shares, not shares as profit. If what the WTS claims is true, that they never owned any shares, why would voting proxy even be mentioned on the filing? There is no voting proxy anyway for non-shareholders! and non-shareholders certainly are NOT listed as OWNERS on SEC Filings. Small-time shareholders are not even listed on filings, do you think because you or I own stock in a company that we are listed on the company's SEC Filing? What the WTS is claiming is that the owners of the company were so mistaken regarding their own company that somehow they listed a NON-STOCK-HOLDER as a OWNER! And then the company counsel didn't catch this. Yet the WTS claims they owned NO shares but were somehow listed as owners on filing after filing after filing. Then Mr. McCann must suffer from dementia and Regi's counsel should be fired.

2) Who are these "two brothers" that the WTS speaks of that they can be involved with companies with defense contracts and still be considered "brothers?" Is this not considered "conduct unbecoming of a Christian?"

3) It has been mentioned but worth mentioning again, the Watchtower Society is listed on the filing, not any of the WTS's legal corporations. So, yes, unless Jehovah is a lawyer, this is just a dancing around of words. Not a lie, just a irrelevant distraction.

Bugs. LOL. yes, something smells in Denmark, no?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry, deddaisy. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Gerard
    Gerard

" in no way can anyone convince me they didn't know. this is JUST like the UN debacle. caught red handed. then play stupid, and deny, deny, deny.

ZEV"

Can't agree with you more. If denial were legal, prisons would be empty.

Edited by - Gerard on 2 December 2002 11:3:6

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    Deddaisy: Bugs. LOL. yes, something smells in Denmark, no?

Yes! I found this today at work while looking into some of our private databases and wondered if you'd ever seen this former name before .. notice the "Reg Resources Corporation"

Article 1 of 1

Mark Table of Contents

Meeting Agenda < http://web5.infotrac.galegroup.com/itw/infomark/104/540/29703667w5/>;Item 6: Excessive Discretion Granted To The Board To Grant Options, < http://web5.infotrac.galegroup.com/itw/infomark/104/540/29703667w5/>;
    Item 7: Excessive Dilution (up To 100 Percent) < http://web5.infotrac.galegroup.com/itw/infomark/104/540/29703667w5/>;
    Source: INSTITUTIONAL SHAREHOLDER SERVICES
    Date: Oct 22, 1999

Title:
    Reg Technologies Inc. (formaly Reg Resources Corporation) [BRIEF]
    Author: Anon

Companies: reg technologies inc. Location: BRITISH COLUMBIA (PROVINCE OF) Full Text: COPYRIGHT The Investext Group. 1996

Institutional Shareholder Services

ISS Vote Recommendation
    Reg Technologies Inc. (formaly Reg Resources Corporation)

Country: Canada Security ID: 75891610 (CUSIP) 758916100 (CUSIP)

Meeting Type: Annual Meeting Record Date: 09/13/99 Meeting Date: 10/22/99 Meeting Time: 10:00 Meeting Location: Salon #216, Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, 10720 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC

Meeting Agenda

Item Code Description MGT Rec ISS Rec __ 1 M0150 Receive Directors' Report None None 2 M0150 Receive 1998 Financial Statements and None None Auditors' Report 3 M0150 Receive 1999 Financial Statements and None None Auditors' Report 4 M0201 Elect Directors For For 5 M0136 Approve Auditors and Authorize Board to Fix For For Remuneration of Auditors 6 M0555 Approve Stock Option Plan Grants For Against 7 M0323 Approve Issuance of Shares in One or More For Against Private Placements 8 M0175 Transact Other Business None None Item 6: Excessive discretion granted to the board to grant options, company has repriced executive options in the past year.

Item 7: Excessive dilution (Up to 100 percent)

This vote recommendation has not been submitted to, nor received approv- al from, the Securities and Exchange Commission. While ISS exercised due care in compiling this analysis, we make no warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information and assume no liability with respect to the consequences of relying on this information for investment or other purposes.

Copyright 1999, Institutional Shareholder Services (301) 545-4555 Suzanne Fallender, Senior Analyst

Article J3129942

Edited by - BugParadise on 2 December 2002 23:57:53

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit