The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• herk
    herk

SwedishChef,

You wrote:

Herk! I read through this article and found that it reflects what I believe. I posted it. You have done the same. (think back to your "refutation" of Isaiah 9:6)

I have never done what you've done. The only time I ever take from somebody else's material is to show what a scholar has said, and I always show my sources. The write-up I presented on Isaiah 9:6 was completely my own, every word of it. And despite how lengthy and thorough it was, you still insist that I haven't refuted your pagan and even blasphemous explanation of that verse. All of which proves that you don't even read our posts addressed to you. Still, others have expressed their comments of approval, so our message is of interest to others, even if not to you.

Herk

• Brummie
    Brummie

IW I agree! However I have reached the conclusion that Christianity is quite different to churchianity. Christianity is a relationship with Christ and devotion to God, its a personal spirituality...devotion being something I work on but havent quite got there yet...Churchianity is following men and inevitably leads to hypocrisy as shown in SS post

..in saying that I first admit to being hypocriticle in life...I then admit to enjoying sometimes going to a church were everyone is the same as me...just working on life but remain freethinkers. As for all the arguments, thats when I get into being human, sometimes I enjoy it sometimes i dont, even then I tend to avoid fruitless discussion.

For me, Christianity has been wonderful and liberating, even though I remain rebellious. It was Churchianity that burned people at the stake as it did when it nailed the Son of God to his.

Brummie (rabbiting on)

Edited by - Brummie on 6 December 2002 23:24:2

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, I thought I remembered that post being borrowed, my mistake. Still, there is nothing wrong with what I've done.
    In fact, I've basically made the same points.(one about the vigin birth). Other [pagan] religions have similarities in several points to Christianity, but that doesn't mean the Bible isn't true.
    I found that that post you wrote is clear twisting of Scripture. I refuted it with a simple verse. "call no man your father...there is ONE who is your Father." The Messiah is called the everlasting Father.
    Anyone should find it suspicious that such a lengthy article is written about such a simple verse.
    You can't attack the message, so you have to attack the messanger.

• herk
  • SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

There goes Herk with his ridiculous nonsensical cartoons. These cartoons, to me, seem like you just trying to convince yourself that the Trinity is of the devil. I bet you think your witty. But whatever gets you through the night! I'm done dealing with you Herk. Your much to childish and insulting to consume any more of my time. (I have already wasted WWWAAAYYYY too much)
    Consider what this means: you can't attack the message so you attack the messenger.
    This is what you have been doing Herk, attacking me. And you say your 70? I am not half your age and yet I am much more mature than you are. I don't make babyish insults and cartoons. They prove no point but that you are babyish. Your cartoons are not offensive because of the truth, (you don't have it) but because you relentlessly mock what I believe.
    In response to your last post:
    There is obviously a lot you have to learn about Baptist history.

• herk
  • herk
  • herk
    herk

Edited by - herk on 7 December 2002 1:22:41

• herk
  • herk
    herk

Edited by - herk on 7 December 2002 1:50:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest