Christmas gift ideas??? Help???

by Mulan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• bigred
    bigred

This is Mulan................can't post anymore under my own name. I reached the posting limit, so have to use my husband's ID.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I don't want to do gift cards.

They have the Left Behind Series, and love them. Groan!

I found a great idea at the website, suggested above. Thank you again. Keep them coming, I need another idea.

I love the charm bracelet idea too. Considering that one.

Edited by - bigred on 22 November 2002 20:6:24

• Princess
    Princess

Mom, check out C'est la Vie in Edmonds, really neat jewelery there and other nice gift stuff. The charm bracelet idea is good, I like it. I was looking at the Mary-Kate and Ashley barbies for Zoe the other night and they have new ones with longer hair than last year (of course) and the Ashley doll looks so much like Hailey I almost bought it for her. I figure any 17 year old would love to have a barbie of herself. I'll try to find a picture.

• Princess
    Princess

Can't find a picture of the doll I saw. It was pretty cute though. I know it isn't appropriate as a Christmas gift from grandma but you should look at them next time you are in a toy store. Pretty cute.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is just fun , thinking what I would want now days if I was a teenager, celebrating Xmas!

Nice perfume.( my mom gave me my first bottle of Chanel No.5 when I was 12, still my fav.)

Shoes, find out if they need or want a certain kind from someone, girls love those sporty tennis shoes and may need winter boots.

My son who is 15, said all the girls at school are into wearing athletic outfits, Nike, Adidas, are the most popular, the kind of work out pants with a stripe down the leg of them. Matching, fleece hooded sweatshirts.

It may be vain , but we all love name brands and when you are in school it is especially important to have a few good name brand items to sport around. The girls will think you are the coolest if you give them anything with a popular name brand.

• jurs
    jurs

I have daughters and they love Ambercromie & Finch , anything from that store is safe. J Lo perfume, CD's, Electric razor (saves the legs), pay to have their pictures taken at a portrait studio (girls love to have their picture taken). .

jurs

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

the charm bracelet is a very good idea...I am making charm bracelets this year for all the women on my list, but I am using copper chain and both silver and gold(brass) charms--theme is a tea party---I found a lot of cell phone charms selling on ebay for a cheap cheap price! Charm bracelets out of beads are very popular this year too- made with the elastic. With matching hair accessories.

Perfume is always nice-a set with bath stuff too---in fact do a basket of bathroom necessities---include a nice towel set, a candle and maybe even a robe!

And you will never go wrong if you top every gift off with a stuffed animal--teddies are the most popular...but I found that my teen age niece had special favorites among the endangered species type you can find in stores like Natural Wonder or Science stores...beanies are great too for stocking stuffers.

And my all time favorite gift---YUMMMIES! peppermint tea, fancy cocoa mixes, chocolate cherries.....imported cookies....all stuff you can find at xmas time.

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

oh oh oh! diaries, photo albums, journals! with a nice pen and pencil set...books---one of those new-ish fairy collecting books or something inspirational--Chicken Soup for the Teen Age Soul or the Animal Lover(tear-jerkers!) And I enjoy alot of the re-written fairytales which are popular right now, and vampire stories are big with teen girls too(discretionary). A magazine subscription is a good idea---give them each one dealing with their hobbies or interests---a magazine they would not necessarily buy for themselves. Check out Spencer's at your local Mall....lava lamps and kitzy faddish things in glow-in-the-dark! How about a hobby kit? Check out your local game or hobby store. Anything from Pier One Imports!

so many things! girls are so fun! I have one niece and two nephews(video games, money, or food).

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

ok--one last idea for this---someone mentioned a photo session---how about a Glamor Shots 'sister' shoot? At 14 and 17---how many more times will they be photographed together? Something special where they can dress up in feathers and lace---either old timey or movie star! Something for grandma too.....

and the other girls at school will be foaming at the mouth(not to mention the boys....)

Ravyn

• Shakita
    Shakita

OMG!!!! THERE IS A POSTING LIMIT?

What is it? Limits per day? per week? per hour?

Mrs Shakita

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mrs. Shak, it's 20 a day, but the day in England starts here at night, so I posted a lot Thursday night, and by Friday at noon, I was tapped out. Bummer, for me!!

Thanks for the great ideas.............now you are cooking gals. Some really good ones coming in. So far charm bracelets and perfume are topping the list. I like the glamour shots idea too. I wonder if they would go for a sisters one.............something to think about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit