Satan...Why wasn't he destroyed right AWAY??

by pomegranate 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    I mean doesen't it feel like we are all pawns, disposable, used against either Satan and god.

I believe your analogy is fair minded. I also believe it is accurate. If we equate the story to a chess game, and we are now all pawns, who made it that way? God? No, Satan started the "game."

Satan started his "game" with no rules. The game has high stakes. Life. God starts to introduce the rules. What was Satan's game of "disposal" for his own selfish sake, now becomes God's game of salvaging what Satan has diposed of. Us. Salvation. Salvage. Think of going to the dump/junk yard and finding something you love and want to RESTORE. We will be SALVAGED from the Satanic garbage disposal.

There is a huge difference between the pawns though. Know that God LOVES white. God loves the fleshly creation. The Black king is the one who has made ALL things disposable for the sake of HIMSELF.
    Do you love someone? How deep is that feeling? That feeling in God is immeasurable towards us.

We have all become disposable because of the black king.

The White King wants his pawns back.

I don't want to be apart of it, that is my choice, I want to be in the middle not worship either but of course that choice isn't available.

Being in our position isn't so bad you know. "The least shall be made most." God knows we got the bottom end. We are by far the "least" in the universe of ALL creation. God's scale of Justice will dwarf any BAD and corrupt soiling that we get on us. We are promised to be "made most." I believe and know that to be true.

None of us is given a choice, we are supposed to have a free will but we don't our lives are pre-determined,

Is being predestined to God bad to you? Wouldn't it be such a highly esteemed honor to know that God foreordained you to be His? People get all uptight over predestiny. I know it's true. Satan is the god that predestined bad, not the Creator. It's funny how people feel their free will is violated if God knows in advance what the outcome of their free will choices will be. The ones who are Satan's, would have been Satan's. Bad begets Bad.

follow God or follow Satan, I think that we are the ones who suffer in all of this,

Yes we do suffer. But the reward squashes all suffering. The strength of God comes from weakness.

yes to allow us to live but then to live the way we do, I just don't see how that is merciful, do you??????

Yes I do. You can too.

1 Peter 1:3-9, "In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for you,
    5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
    6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
    7 These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
    9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

I WILL see you heaven right Naomi?

pom

• nogs
    nogs

No you won't pom, you are missing the point. I know the bible better than most ppl and I have never seen anthing merciful in it, just alot of killing and that is on both sides. I'm happy with the life I have chosen, before my prayers were never answered and I suffered for years trying to live up to impossible standards omly to see that others didn't but lay in judgement of me. I'm sure that I have not god's approval or even on Satans side. I have my life back and I decide it, I say what food I eat what clothes I wear and what i do to the best of my own free will. You can preach scriptures at me but you haven't said anything I haven't read before. Still does not make any difference to the fact that i will be used one way or the other like all of us. No free will, how much more pain should mankind suffer before the arrogance of both Satan and Gods is solved??????

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    You can preach scriptures at me

I do not preach. I discuss. If I came across "that way", it was not my intention. We all get preached at way to much don't we? I apologize for my failure.

If that is how you understand my "encouraging" I would just as well not be bothered answering you. I do find it odd though, for someone who doesn't care, to be posting with inquiry, or whatever you want to call it...

But, you obviously have your mind set in some form or fashion.

I hope you are happy in your "freedom." Though, I sense your not.

Love Naomi Love.

pom

• dreamer
    dreamer

MDS you said:

If Jehovah punished Satan, the first "disobedient Son," and put him to death IMMEDIATELY, right after the sin...

...what must he do to the other two sinners?

What would be considered "fair"?

IMMEDIATE DEATH to the both of them...

That would be "fair"...right?

WRONG. I think it is most unfair. By my reasoning, it was a setup and a complete staging of which Adam and Eve were victims. They were caught in the middle of Satan's evil little disobendient plan against the sovereignty of God's rulership.

Destroy Satan, Yes; Same punishment, definately not.

• nogs
    nogs

Pom, I take total offense at your condesending remarks, I am happy, what you are sensing is the unhappiness of being so drawn into something, i.e like the war against God and Satan without really even chosing it, like most ppl. There was one thread that mentioned that Jehovah needed time to settle something because there was no law, well he had already broken the first law he set out for Adam and eve, and well when he created the Angels he would have given a law because he is a perfect God, he would have planned things perfectly. I think that its arrogance because he must of thought that because we are easy to replace, put back on the earth I.e with the ressurrection, that he can use his one day to solve his godship, not really thinking of the conquences. I don't think ppl really love god , I think many are there because there in fear, afterall if you have to choose ,well wouldn't your average person to choose God. I see no love in letting ppl suffer the way they do, like laboratory rats, they suffer but there is a good reason a good outcome in the end of it all, does that make it right and good.

I don't mean to lash back at you, but I think that you miss the point so much pom and if you see love in the scriptures then okay, I'n not critising you for that, but you set the question , yet you seem to know the answer to it, so what was the point of that?????

Naomi

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Naomi,

Sheesh, No condescension implied, but why are you so upset? Why are you here? Why have you singled me out?

well he had already broken the first law he set out for Adam and eve

The Law was given to Adam and Eve NOT Satan. Satan ATE NOTHING! No Law was broken by Satan.

he would have given a law because he is a perfect God

Perfection has NOTHING to do with LAW. LAW is put into service to PUNISH bad. That is all. When there is NO BAD, there is NO LAW. PERIOD. All there was in the very beginning was LOVE. You know like the Beatles, Love is all You Need.

I think that its arrogance

Look up at the stars. The universe is one arrogant place huh?

I don't think ppl really love god

Pretty presumptuous. I love God, thank you very much.

So what is your point in being here? Trying to break down belief? Trying to justify yourself? Is hammering me down making you feel good? If I have an answer that is satisfactory for me and I would like to share it with others, you condemn me for that? Why can't I have the freedom you seemingly cherish, with a hardcore belief and love for God?

• nogs
    nogs

I haven't singled you out, you did that to me. anyway, just because God didn't say in the bible that he gave a law to angels doesn't mean he didn't, afterall if we go on what he did set for adam and eve , i.e a law for them to follow, as to say that he was their god, wouldn't it be plausible that he did the same for angels????? I think he did have at least one law for them, as for the angels being too perfect for laws as to not need them, well wasn't Adam and eve perfect also????
    Look if you want to love god, then ok but do you have reason for doing so, or is purely because you might recieve a reward, would you still love god if you knew that there would be no reward, ie heaven, or a paradise on earth. Don't you see how condesending qouting my words are when you are taking them out of context.

You never even answered the question I wanted answering, I.e Why set the question to be answered as if you didn't know, when you already knew the answer to it, seems like a landmine to me, so you can project your thoughts onto others that might fall into answering it!!!!!

You may not like my response well thats ok because it is my opinion. If you don't share it then thats perfectly ok. Just be sure you love God for the right reason, I can't love someone who could kill someone, I find that hard, one account is where a man stole silver from when Jericho was destroyed and it was hidden and his whole family slaughtered, that means children too, doesn't seem like justice to me, definately not what I regard as loving and there is alot of direct killing from God. Do you love that god too????

Pom
    Please answer the question that you didn't answer.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    I haven't singled you out, you did that to me.

I posted a topic, you responded and I singled you out? It was your decision to come to me not the other way around.

just because God didn't say in the bible that he gave a law to angels doesn't mean he didn't,

If that is your truth, live with it. Believe what you want to believe.

afterall if we go on what he did set for adam and eve , i.e a law for them to follow, as to say that he was their god, wouldn't it be plausible that he did the same for angels?????

He did. But it was after Adam and Eve's Law. The Mosaic Law bound both sides of the curtain. That's how Christ fulfilled it. Both sides now. Funny huh? The low-lifes get the rules first.

Look if you want to love god, then ok but do you have reason for doing so

Life. It is a gift. I am greatful to the Giver. My reward is being alive NOW. What ever happens in the furture happens. It is out of my control. But I am certainly not going to doubt the wisedom of the One who made the heavens and the earth, and how huge the Love of that One must be.

would you still love god if you knew that there would be no reward, ie heaven, or a paradise on earth.

See the above.

You never even answered the question I wanted answering, I.e Why set the question to be answered as if you didn't know, when you already knew the answer to it, seems like a landmine to me, so you can project your thoughts onto others that might fall into answering it!!!!!

Are you really that upset at my method for generating a topic for discussion? I am sorry I upset you. Landmine? That is an odd comparison for an innocent topic for conversation. You call it "project your thoughts," I call it sharing my thoughts. PS. Landmines kill. Comparing a post to a death trap. Neat.

Don't you see how condesending qouting my words are when you are taking them out of context.

I have used your words for nothing of my own which is the only reason anyone would take statements out of context. I have answered your reply, that is all.

You may not like my response well thats ok because it is my opinion.

Whether I "like" your reply or not is meaningless to you, and your opinion is your own, which I respect. Believe what you want.

Just be sure you love God for the right reason,

LOVE is all you need.

I can't love someone who could kill someone, I find that hard

That's fine. That's your belief. If that brings you consolation, then that's good for you. Don't love God.

is where a man stole silver from when Jericho was destroyed and it was hidden and his whole family slaughtered, that means children too, doesn't seem like justice to me, definately not what I regard as loving and there is alot of direct killing from God.

I find it hard to believe that someone where dare have the b_lls to defy God when the very evidence of Him was VISIBLY proved before their very eyes. ALL around them. His very POWER was being seen with their own two eyes. Love is letting corruption even exist AT ALL.

Please answer the question that you didn't answer.

YES, Naomi, I Love you.

goodbye.
    p

• nogs
    nogs

A god that kills, is that the God that you still love????? I f you think that a God that lets us suffer this way, i.e Thausands that die every day from say earthquakes and famine, people whose only sin is just being born in the wrong place say the wrong circumstance, is just God doing them a favour, "hey at least you have existed, so what if your life has started with death, and famine around, I was merciful in letting you exist at all, you should be grateful!!!!" If that is the same God that you love, well it is I, that feels sorry for you!!! JUST you be grateful that you weren't born there, you probably, eat and drink and don't even give those ppl a second thought. So you keep thinking the way do, hey maybe you are right afterall, but I don't want to love a God who would let ppl suffer that way. You want to see suffering go to those places, I went to a place in India, walked across a road to see what looked like a doll on the floor but at a closer look was in fact a dead babie, when you have seen a sight like that then you tell me how I think God was merciful letting that babie live at all, yet to be left and die in such a way!!!!

• crossroads
    crossroads

WOW, people this gets pretty heated. go back to the set up
    question for a momment. Oh before that somebody said
    Satan was made in GODS image can that person show
    me where they get that from. Man was made in GODS
    image not angels unless you know something I don't.
    Also we are always saying Satan was question GODS
    right to rule, was he? Or was he mad that God but man
    in charge of everything on earth GEN:1:25-30. He was just
    going to show GOD that the LORDS chioce of man over
    himself[SATAN] was the wrong chioce. Man was going to
    rule himself by that passage, wasn't he. After all man was
    in GODS image. For the sweet person whos all out of sorts
    about a cruel world, relax there is a lot of good in the world
    to. That baby you saw is now in a spiritual setting at peace
    in the arms of the Lord. I felt like you do for a long time as
    your friend quotes beatle songs just "Let it Be" HE will take
    care of all the suffering. My favorite passage in the BIBLE
    is good ol' Peter asking well what about him[JOHN] my Lord.
    The simplest of quotes follow; Don't worry about him, you
    Peter just "FOLLOW ME" . To me one of the greatest lines the Lord ever said. I say it to myself daily Mark don't worry about
    that just follow me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit