Satan...Why wasn't he destroyed right AWAY??

by pomegranate 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

The Adversary has not been destroyed... because there is only one way to destroy spirit... FIRE! And not the kind of fire we have in the physical realm, but that of which the physical is a 'copy'... the REAL fire, which hails from the Lake of Fire, which exists in the Heavens, and into which Satan will one day been hurled.

That is why my Lord said, "Do not be in fear of him (Satan, and by default, his 'children') that can kill the body (the flesh, the physical body), but be in fear of Him that can kill the body (the physical, fleshly body) AND THE SOUL (the <i>spiritual</i> body)... in Gehenna!"

Thus, that is why Peter said that earth 'that is now, is stored up for fire." What does that mean? Every living thing has two (2) bodies: a physical one and a spiritual one. <B>1 Corinthians 15:40, 49</B> Contrary to what you may have been told, however, although the <i>physical</i> body dies and returns to the dust, the <i>spiritual</i> body only 'sleeps' (albeit, in different places for the unrighteous and the 'holy ones' and prophets), until such time as it is 'resurrected'. <B>1 Corinthians 15:51; Ecclesiastes 12:7; Revelation 6:9-11</B>

And upon resurrection, such spirit body will live either everlastingly... or be 'hurled into the Lake of Fire' for everlasting destruction. <B>1 Corinthians 15:35, 42-46, 51-54; Revelation 20:11-15</B>

Also, too, the spirits that are 'reserved for judgment', those in Tartarus, as well as those who were hurled down with Satan - no, they are not the same: the first group was precluded from reentering the heavens and reserved in darkness; how then could they be 'hurled down' from it at some later date? - will be DESTROYED... Gog AND Magog... when 'fire comes down from HEAVEN', from the Lake of Fire... and destroys them. <B>Revelation 20:8, 9</B>

Such intensity and power is wrought by this destruction of the spirit... that my Father, JAH OF ARMIES (Psalm 68:4), has reserved it until that 'last day'. At that time, all things causing wickedness will be destroyed by this 'fire', either by being consumed by it, or by being hurled into it. Its intensity will result in their being a NEW heavens (the spirit realm being cleanses of wicked spirit forces) and a NEW earth (all <i>wicked</i> flesh that still has its spirit in it being destroyed).

And finally, as the last 'enemy', Death, the 'father' of the Adversary... will also be thrown into it. And thus, 'Death... will be no more... neither mouring, nor outcry nor pain...' For these things will have 'passed away'.

I bid you peace.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

First, may you have peace!

Now then... my Father initially had only two (2) sons, one born in the manner of the flesh (Adam) and one born in the manner of the spirit (my Lord, JAHESHUA (Jah Saves) MISCHAJAH (messiah; chosen of Jah)).

Since the spirit birth of my Lord, however, the 'way'... HIM (John 14:6), has been 'opened' so that others may be 'begotten by holy spirit' and become sons also.

Satan, although a spirit, was not a son of God. He is the Son of Destruction... or Death, as was HIS 'son', Judas. All 'manslayers' are sons, NOT of God and of Life (God's Son - John 14:6), but of Death. Like Cain.

In addition, being a 'spirit', does not in and of itself make one a 'son of God'. For indeed, as Hebrews 1:2 says, "To which one of the angels did He (God) EVER say, 'you are my son'?" Being a son of God is the result of ONE thing: being 'conceived' by God's holy spirit and thereafter 'born'... in the manner of the spirit. To date, only ONE has been born of spirit, my Lord. That is why he is called 'the Firstborn.'

However, the time will come when at least 144,000 of the sons of Israel (<i>fleshly</i> descendants of Abraham who accept my Lord as their savior, for the promise was made FIRST to Abraham...), and an UNNUMBERED group from among EVERY nation, tribe and tongue and people... including those of Israel who were NOT counted among the first 144,000... will become 'sons'... by means of an ADOPTION... by holy spirit. This is the 'nation' that will be 'born in one day', for they all receive such 'birth' at the same time. <B>1 Thessalonians 4:15-18</B> (Note the words, 'together WITH them...')

One MUST be 'begat' by a father, to be a son. One MUST be 'begat' by holy spirit, to be a son of God. Satan was NEVER 'chosen', 'anointed' or conceived by the spirit of God. He has and has always had a completely different spirit, one that breeds disobedience, rebellion... and ultimately... death.

The spirit of my Father, however, JAH OF ARMIES, is granted to any who 'wish' it by means of Christ... and it is a spirit of LIFE. <B>Revelation 22:17</B>

I bid you peace.

Servant to the Household of God and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

willy..MDS

with out a duelistic experience there is no good. there is only what is. light without darkness is bliding and we can not see.

First, your thinking physical. Leave it, go spiritual.
    Next, there WAS a dualistic experience. Father and Son. All Good.
    You think like that (black/white) because that is all you know and see around you. God created the physical world in symbol of the Light/Dark contrast between God and Satan. Since you are finite and that is all you have seen and known, thats all you think there is. BUT, scripture says there is no darkness in God at all. None. Not even a seed. If we say God had to at least known the difference between good and bad BEFORE SATAN, that means the existence of a "bad seed" IN God. Can't be true. That does not negate that God could not recognize RESISTENCE when it came up. Even God's eyes were "opened" like Adam and Eves at one specific point. Then God KNEW Good and "Evil" for the first time.

Satan was a rebel BEFORE Genesis 1:1. Before physical creation.

Satan was clamouring that God was Bad and He was good.

Isa 5:20
    20 Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Go to Genesis. Why would God want recorded, and "God saw that it was good?" Could there be any doubt? Could God create any bad? No of course not. Then why that statement? Because Satan was saying everything God creates is BAD and everything Satan does is GOOD, even while he was creating it. See the text in Isaiah above.

Satan is corruption. While Satan was in existence, God knew the corruption would spread. God knew Adam and Eve were going to be corrupted by Satan. Right from the beginning of Satan having his "I AM A GOD" convulsion, God had the WHOLE plan layed out.

Out of the corruption and bad that Satan was spreading, would come something GOOD. Jesus Christ, who was chosen BEFORE THE FOUNDING OF THE WORLD, and was predestined to die in order to have Satan destroyed.

2 Tim 1:9-10
    This grace{this word of forgiveness means there was a problem of SIN BEFORE creating Adam and Eve}was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Eph 1:4
    4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Even sinful imperfect Paul and the Ephesians were "chosen" before Genesis 1:1, in Christ.

1 Peter 1:19-20
    Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world,

Eph 1:11-12
    11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the PLAN of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Rom 8:30
    30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Individual justification. It will be needed for those that are "called" and imparted with the real story.

I'm predestined, are you?

• RR
    RR

Jehovah would have been justified in destroying Satan, but it would have left the inevitable question, "What if ....? We were created free moral agents, whether it happened with Adam or three thousand years later when the earth was populated, the possibility was there to present itself, disobedience.

In fact if Jehovah wanted he could snap his fingers and make it all go away and none of us would ever know because we wouldn't exist, but that in itself would not rid the problem or answer the question, "What if ...?

It all boils down to the perrennial question, why God permits evil! Any takers?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

[quote] Jehovah would have been justified in destroying Satan

Need to go deeper than that I think RR. The "What if" teaching...is a JW teaching if I recollect, and too superficial.

All good, no bad, no law against bad. Justice has to have LAW.

Dig this. Before Satan defected, God only needed and had two qualities. LOVE and POWER.

But what about Wisdom and Justice you say? Well, think about it. Justice is a quality that is ONLY needed when weighing in the scales of good and bad. Penalize the bad, and reward the good. If there is NO bad or unrighteousness, there is no need to apply justice for the good. EVERYTHING would be good. God had no scales of Justice regarding "BAD" before the Satanic convulsion, because there was NO BAD. In order to ENFORCE JUSTICE there positively needs to be LAW. NO LAW, NO JUSTICE. NO Transgression revealed. No Punishment.

WISDOM is the ability to DISCERN what is good and bad, so that JUSTICE can be applied. If there is no bad, then there is nothing to be discerned, as everything is good. God had no Wisdom in regards to Justice, as there was no bad in the creation before the Satanic corruption. JUSTICE AND WISDOM are qualities and attributes needed when there is bad in the world.

The first Law God EVER made was: In the day you eat from it you will positively die.

It was broken, punishment administered. Right in front of Satan's eyes. The Law of obedience was no joke.

Before Satan? Love. Along with that everything good of which there is NO LAW.

Gal 5:22-24
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The above text was heaven before the Satanic convulsion. NO LAW.

pomegranate

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

One of the comments above reminds me of a brain teaser a brother presented to me once. "God can do anything, correct? Well, if that's true, can he make a rock so big that he wouldn't be able to pick it up?" It's really pointless to think about. This is a similar question brought up above. Is God all knowing? of course the answer we have is yes. Well, that being the case, how could God know about evil if before creating Satan and such there was no evil? I don't know. Maybe before creation as we know it God created other things. It's not like we need to know, and i believe the bible is on a Need-to-Know basis, which is why it doesn't mention dinosaurs. Anyways, i have no idea where this is going. But it's interesting to think about. If God is all knowing, did he know about evil before Satan was expelled from heaven?

"No cool quote yet. But i'll think of one soon."

• Thumproof
    Thumproof

Re: God taking so long........ isn't a thousand years to us only one day to god?

• mensa163
    mensa163

Pomegranate
    Excellent question.
    You will find the answer in Bible studies topic: ""The Complete Bible in One Paragraph""
    Let me know what you think

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    why God permits evil!

To implement LAW.
    LAW takes time.
    LAW was given over time.
    LAW was broken over time.

Now we wait for execution of Justice over time
    for all the LAW breakers.

Love, and that's NO LAW.

• nogs
    nogs

you see you give adaquate reasons why god permits Satan to leave but who gets the blame for all of us suffering the way we do, dead babies, murder etc. I mean doesen't it feel like we are all pawns, disposable, used against either Satan and god. I don't want to be apart of it, that is my choice, I want to be in the middle not worship either but of course that choice isn't available. None of us is given a choice, we are supposed to have a free will but we don't our lives are pre-determined, follow God or follow Satan, I think that we are the ones who suffer in all of this, yes to allow us to live but then to live the way we do, I just don't see how that is merciful, do you??????

Naomi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit