I sent this to Angus Stewart this morning (Easter Standard Time)

by Viviane 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Viviane
    Viviane

I just sent this email to Angus Stewart:

[email protected]

Mr. Stewart,

I hope this email finds you well. I would like to say thank you for your work on the Royal Commission, particularly in your handling of the Jehovah's Witnesses elders and experts during questioning. Your skill and preparedness is evident and it makes me quite happy (as a former JW myself) to see the light being cast upon their handling of crimes in secret meetings and the utter disregard they have for the victims.

I have been watching the delayed Youtube videos of the commission (delayed as I am in the U.S. and you are conducting the proceedings while I am sleeping) and find them quite exciting and educational to watch. I particularly love the depth of work you have put into learning about their policies, past and present, and tie those back to the notes and actions of the elders and branch, which brings us to the point of my email.

I was giving a friend a re-cap of the events (as she was never a JW, she prefers a re-cap to the excitement of watching all of the proceedings) and said I should send you a nice bottle of Scotch as a thank you for your amazing work. She correctly pointed out that I've no idea if you drink Scotch. Hence, in the interest of not saying thank you in a useless way, do you drink Scotch?

I hope that is not out of line nor would potentially violate any ethics rules you may be bound by.

Thanks,
    XXX
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Its good for them to see they really do have a world stage and we appreciate their due diligence. Good job
  • steve2
    steve2

Well done Viviane. I see nothing out of line in your expressions of confidence in Mr Stewart's profesionalism. He is always free to reply or not!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I don't think there is, but in my line of work I often deal with financial regulatory rules and government agencies, sometimes there are really weird rules about what they can accept, what constitutes a gift, etc.. I just felt it would better to ask and make my intentions clear up front. I did leave out the part about him being so hot during the proceedings it made me want to high five his private bits with mine, though.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    If there is a God in heaven, there's no way a man of Mr. Stewart's talent would be opposed to a bottle of Scotch.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Viviane wrote: "...I did leave out the part about him being so hot during the proceedings it made me want to high five his private bits with mine, though."

LOL!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    We all should send a thank you to Mr Stewart...
  • steve2
    steve2

I did leave out the part about him being so hot during the proceedings it made me want to high five his private bits with mine, though.

Perfectly understandable reaction. Your impulse control is admirable!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

You should all send emails of support to Angus Stewart and his team, plus his Honour.

The fact that the world is watching is highly motivating for these people. They have slogged away it this since 2013 not just the WTBTS unethical conduct but many others too.

I think it would give them a tremendous boost as some of them are looking tired this week. Angus looked worn out and had a five o-clock shadow. Probably they/he are up very late going over notes and evidence. They had to go on some cases more than others as they wanted WT documents to support the claims and counter claims.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm no Angus Stewart but I do drink scotch, I am in the USA, AND unlike Mr. Stewart I'm single/available.

Just saying.

Also, I'm three years younger than he is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit