Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I think this thread may be used in the future as an example of someone having their arse handed to them on a plate. Wow.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

The only thing that I think got its ass handed to it was Theism, and the OP.

The debating is just good old fashioned fun that goes nowhere

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

I haven't had the chance to keep up with the Forum, and this thread of late. All that I can say is WOW.. Some great points on both sides, and thank you, everyone that took time to respond.

What is Truth?

It's not about what you Know, It's about what you Do.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yes!!!! Bring this monster back to life
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I think atheists are immoral! The bible says they are bad!

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

In All Seriousness, I must apologize, I am guilty of having an Incomplete and Inaccurate view point of what it means to be Atheist. However I still stand by view point, that it is Inappropriate for an Atheist to attempt to Destroy the Beliefs / Faith of another, if the Atheist is non committal.

A simple Example..

Three Men walk into a Bar..

Man #1 is Named Jackson.

Jackson, has been blind from Birth, however he has a Very vivid Imagination.. He draws great comfort, from his Imagination regarding the Appearance of the World.. Jackson, is very fond of the Sun.. Since he can feel the sun, and he has heard Incredible Explanations about the Brilliance of the sun, he gains Comfort from Imagining that Everything Looks Like the sun, just not as Bright. This World View gives him Personal Comfort, since he has convinced himself, that he is not Missing out on all that much.

Man #2 is Named Morris. - Morris has Excellent vision, and he truly cherishes all of the Colors, and Beauty of the World.

Man #3 is Geoff - Geoff is Color Blind.

When the Three Men Sit down to Order a Drink.. The Bartender slides Jackson his Drink.. Jackson hears it, but he feels around for a few Seconds, and Finds it.. He exclaims, "You know Guys, Being Blind isn't all that Bad.. My other senses are all Strengthened, and honestly I'm not missing out on too much, after all Sight is just the Ability to Distinguish the Brightness of an item.. Who needs that when you have Super Human Smell,Taste,Touch,and Hearing?"

Geoff taking a sip of His Beer, begins Laughing Uncontrollably.. Geoff says "You fool Jackson, the World is Not Bright! The World is is The Opposite of Bright.. It is so bland and Dark, and well quite Boring, however Sight is essential, you are an uneducated fool, to Believe that all is Bright."

Morris listens to both speak of their inaccurate, View Points of colors, and says.. "Well Guys, you are both right to some extent, however you should accept the fact that you do not have all of the Information." Morris says to Geoff "And Geoff, until you have all of the Information, perhaps you should not seek to Destroy the Faith of Jackson"

Both Geoff & Jackson Simultaneously say "Shut Up Morris, you don't know what you're talking about" - They both then say "Prove it Morris"

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    That was the worst, most pointless rambling illogical bit of nonsense i have read on this thread. Thank you for your contribution.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Morpheus - Thank you for taking the time to read it.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    However I still stand by view point, that it is Inappropriate for an Atheist to attempt to Destroy the Beliefs / Faith of another, if the Atheist is non committal.

Why? Is it appropriate for Christians to tell me I am going to be tortured for all eternity because I have better thinking skills than they do?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    However I still stand by view point, that it is Inappropriate for an Atheist to attempt to Destroy the Beliefs / Faith of another, if the Atheist is non committal.

How is you telling me it's unscientific to label myself atheist any different that my telling you that I see no evidence that God exists? Are you not trying to tear down and destroy my atheism?

Pot, meet kettle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit