Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Plants are incapable of any belief in anything, therefore they are not atheists, theists or any kind of belief based anything

Then babies cant be atheist either since the claim is that they are atheists because they cant conceive of the notion. Hence, "don't believe anything".

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

But you cant prove plants dont know anything therefore your a plant atheist. Or agnostic. Or something......

I wasn't aware of your pride given that we dont know each other but i accept it because i deserve it anyway ;)

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Plants are theists. They consistently worship and bow towards the sun.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Do you also think that dogs are atheists, fetuses and corpses? What about plants?

If they lack a belief in god, then yes.

Either they don't lack a belief in God OR, you are saying that plants are Atheists...

It is as simple as that.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You can be meaner? Yet you take every opportunity to insult me...

In fact, I've never insulted you. You appear to have personal feelings tied to your argument, thus, when your argument is shown to be poor and damaged, that affects your emotions. That's not me insulting you in any way nor being the least bit mean to you.

Since you are unable to defend this point, I conclude that babies are not Atheists. Because that is what the argumentwas about.

On the contrary, your question was logically invalid, thus any conclusion based on it is necessarily wrong. I mean, you agreed that your question was logically unsound. What in the world makes you think that because it's unsound you can draw conclusions on it.

It shows that you indeed can know whether or not you know something without having thought about it.

This is just more proof that you are using the opposite of logic, arguments and words in any way that makes sense.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Either they don't lack a belief in God OR, you are saying that plants are Atheists...

Plants are atheist by necessity since they lack even the ability to have and belief in god and thus the belief itself. That has nothing to do with babies, rocks, poop, magical unicorns in my dogs butt or your butchering logic.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    But you cant prove plants dont know anything therefore your a plant atheist. Or agnostic. Or something......

So either plants are Atheists or they "know" things?

I wasn't aware of your pride given that we dont know each other but i accept it because i deserve it anyway:wink:

I am sorry if it came across that way, It was not mean that way.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Ok let straighten out my beliefs, plant thought atheist, viv is hot agnostic, Dionysus the god of wine is the one true god,

Then babies cant be atheist either since the claim is that they are atheists because they cant conceive of the notion. Hence, "don't believe anything".

Notion? of "God". i don't know my friend all these things lead back to a creator type idea. Babies start out smarter than most people in that they believe and learn and process what comes to them, and they learn and grow and develop extremely fast.

A child is born and its beliefs are built day by day, it believes its mom's boob is where it is at and she is the supreme being for all the baby knows, but then it keeps forming beliefs, and pretty soon there is more than the boob, oh and look other people, and on and on and on. Notion of god puts a cap on our learning and understanding that somewhere it ends with a supreme being at the very top.

• Viviane
    Viviane

That was never my argument at all. That's the argument you keep trying (and failing, BTW) to CLAIM I am making. Stop making things up, or at the very least try to start understanding the words on the screen that I am writing.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Plants are atheist by necessity since they lack even the ability to have and belief in god and thus the belief itself. That has nothing to do with babies, rocks, poop, magical unicorns in my dogs butt or your butchering logic.

I was not aware you used two atheist definitions, whats the different between them? Which one do you use on a baby and which one do you use on a plant?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit