Ever hear of the "Three-Brain"???

by WingCommander 51 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hello! I am a "newbie" on here, so you'll have to bere with me. :)

My question is, have any of you heard about a group of scam artists going around to the congregations trying to peddle their version of self-healing crap??? This was about 10-12 years ago in the USA. Apparently, they were a group of men, whom claimed to be giving a seminar on a new self-healing/mystic type thing that was approved by the GB!! They were founded by 3 men, and hence the name "Three-Brain."

This is how it went: These guys came in from California, gave a free seminar that was supposedly approved by the GB, than at the end offered for sale their literature on how to "test the body" (ora, electrical field of body, etc) for a nice profit. Right off the bat, I was very leary when approached by a family friend. There were like 3 congregations in my area that were all into it. Errr.....being Dupped! This was crazy stuff! Also, the claimed to be able to identify multiple personalities in people. One person in particular in my congregation was told she had 300 different persons in her! Crazy!! I remember my friend asking me to hold out my arms, close my eyes, and then he would ask my body (not me directly), if he could "test the body". This was how they supposedly indirectly asked your body if you had any ailment, problems, etc. The only problem I thought people had in the congregation after that, was being completely nieve!

Then, as quickly as it all started, it disappeared. Swept under the rug, never to dare be mentioned again, just like 1975 or 1914. How dumb they all were for be suckered so easily. Duhhh......what was 1914? Never heard of it. But we all remember, don't we??

Any comments? Anyone else heard of this? I am curious as to what the GB excuse/explanation was for these obvious scam artists. :) Thanks for taking time to read this. :) - Wing Commander

Edited by - WingCommander on 20 November 2002 10:0:19

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

How ironic!! Scamers Scaming Scamers!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

RubyTuesday:

Probably shouldn't say this as I'm new to this forum, but if that is you in that picture than I must say you're a good lookin dub/ex-dub!! lol. :) Let me lock onto you with my radar!!

Anyway, yes, I find that ironic that they were so nieve to be scammed like that. They always claim to be so "informed", yet they lack common street smarts and much of any sense.

Wing Commander

• found
    found

Hi wing:

welcome to the site. New to it myself as you can see. What you brought up sounds like "biokinesioloy". Our congregation had a lot of folks involved in it too although I never heard of it being backed by the org, think they just told the elders in our cong to leave it alone. The elders had been coorosponding with the GB about it since it created quite a few problems in our area. The stories I could tell you! The multipersonalities and repressed "memories" people were coming up with would stand your hair on end. Actually, one of the things that sent me away from being a good JW happened at a BK (biokinesiology) class I was taking...one "sister" said that she was only going to use it to help her family and other JW's because what did helping others matter, they are all going to die at Armageddon anyway! All the other JWs in the class laughed at her comment and I was so angered by that! Especially since there was a woman in the class who was studying with the JWs at the time. What a great impression on human kindness that must have made on her, huh?

Could tell you more, but suffice it to say, the BK stuff is bizzaro!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

My sister-in-law is into some weird medicine, and I'm wondering if it's related to this or biokinesiology.

She goes to two JW "doctors" who do something like have her close her eyes, hold her arm straight out and place lumps of raw minerals (e.g. iron) on or above her arm. If her arm starts to dip down it means she has plenty of that vitamin/mineral; if it starts to slowly raise up, then her body is short of that vitamin/mineral and they tell her to supplement her diet.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? (Apparently, the Miracle Wheat is a big seller.)

Hmmm

• metatron
    metatron

I 've heard of this nonsense in Northeast congregations.

It's pure divination!

It really amuses me because many of the same people who buy into this stuff
    are scared of letting their kids see "Harry Potter".

metatron

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I haven't heard of the three-brain, but I have heard about the vitamin/arm thing, as well as assorted other stupidity. I guess you can find this stuff anywhere, although JWs do seem to be more susceptible than most. I think it's because:

1. JWs are accustomed to believing whatever they are told. They do not have the normal skeptisizm that others have.
    2. They have only minimal education. So, they are poorly equipped to recognize fiction when they see it.
    3. They are open to mystical ideas, if those ideas originate internally. For example, say "Jehovah" and the demons will flee; sell WTs and live forever; that guy is going to heaven to be a king. So why not believe that your arm will magically rise if you are deficient in a vitamin?
    4. They like easy answers. For example, do you live in a hovel? Don't worry, after Armageddon, you will have your pick of mansions. Or, boss got you down? Don't worry, God's going to kill him anyway.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

We've talked about this here before, but it bears repeating. JWs seem to for the most part open themselves up to every scammer that comes along. Many factors as noted above, minimal education, a mindset that is already set to not question or research anything, etc. In my days around JWs I saw every 'herbal' 'natural' 'diet' etc fad come and go, with the JWs getting sucked into one pyramid selling scheme after another.

I would guess too that the high stress/guilt lifestyle causes many to seek remedy and they cannot afford real medical help, so they turn to every fad they can find.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

In my cong about 15+ years ago some "brothers" from a different locality came thru with a pyramid scam of sorts that involved kinesiology. Along with other items they had these small, thin metal plates, about the size of a pack of cigs but very thin. You were supposed to wear this in your pocket or near one side of your chest and it would cause your body to function better. They were specially magnetized or something. Anyway, it caused all kinds of probs because people were fighting over territory rights for selling these things. Anyone remember that stuff?

-BONEZZ

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, I've heard of them. They conned all of our local elders a while ago! I was smart and got a picture of them, right after they came home from a Watchtower Study:

"........ I'm tellin' ya, if we reach out to become elders, we can improve our scamin' by a thousand fold!..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit