Suicide ends pain for many

by joelbear 85 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Doctors have began prescribing suicide as a way out of pain saying that this medical avenue should have been recommended many more times in the past.

• gumby
    gumby

I fully agree with that. Would a person like to be tortured rather than see death? I was in extreme pain before and would rather have been dead. I recovered and I'm glad I didn't choose death....but......if you were terminally in pain for life with no way out.....I can see death as a choice.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((Joelbear)))

that is a pretty broad statement. It doesn't cover age, disability, length of time, etc. Please don't think that is an answer to anything. And is that a quote from Kavorkian?

If you need to talk, my e-mail is open.

j2bf

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

BAHH~~!!!!

What's a little pain compared to life? Ok, ok, what's a LOT of pain compared to LIFE?? Nuthin' really. Life holds all the potential.

Besides, Jehovah will kill you if you commit suicide.

• Brummie
    Brummie

: Suicide ends pain for many ...

..and begins pain and anguish for many more people who have to pick up the peices and deal with the aftermath :(

Very sad

Brummie

stated just incase someone misread this as being an encouragement for suicide in general...there's always a better way

Its not far back to sanity....I'll be waiting for you when you get there..brum:)

• gumby
    gumby

Joelbear,

Are you wondering if EMOTIONAL pain would count in this scenario?

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

As I look back on my dad's suicide in 1996, I can understand a lot of things more clearly ,he was 73 and a very sick man, but it doesn't compare to the sickness that he left behind. All his pain was transferred over to his family. We had to carry the burden of asking ourselves why, feeling quilty, wondering what part we played in his decision, shock, nightmares, grief like on other. Suicide is so terrible because of the violent nature usually involved. He shot himself in the head in front of my mother. Then I watched him die as they turned off the ventalater. I watched my mother suffer for two years afterwards with cancer, she went downhill real fast after that. When someone in your family completes suicide, the chances of you completing suicide rises also because of the intense trama it leaves behind. The grief process is long and hard and you're never the same.

Joelbear, I hope you're okay. If you're depressed, I hope you see a doctor. And if you need to talk, you are welcome to email me. I'm just a email away!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Death is a soothing ointment.

It is you left behind, speaking of your grief, that are the truly cruel ones.

asking people to live in pain just for your benefit.

you PIGS>

• dubla
    dubla

suicide is quite simply the most selfish act possible (excluding the terminally ill).

i sincerely hope youre not serious with that last statement joel.....its pretty sick.

aa

• Celia
    Celia

{{{{{{{{Joel}}}}}}}}

I hope you're not contemplating suicide. What is your pain ? Physical ? Emotional ? You are liked and loved by so many people. Funny for me to say that... I've been thinking about it too lately... Not making plans or anything, just thinking about it... Stuck in a place I don't want to be anymore I guess... Oh well, I do have to think about others, my parents, my son....

LOVE and HUGS

Celia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit