Suicide ends pain for many

by joelbear 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Joel, I sent you an email. I didn't feel this board was appropriate to talk to you about this.

Does anyone know where Joel lives? Someone needs to go to him NOW!!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Joel, we've never 'talked' much, but I've watched you post on this board for years. There is no easy way to fix your problems - nor do I even know or could probably fathom what they are. I've seen many like you, and the sad fact of life is in reality is we mostly make our own bed to lie in. Some are dealt a short hand of course, in the ways of less desirable bodies, emotional problems, phsical deformaty, etc - these add to the stress of finding a social circle to dwell in. But the flip side is that many people with the above mentioned problems have ignored/conquerd them and made a fullfilling life in spite of them. I'm not saying it's easy or possible for everyone, but it is doable. Life is a bitch sometimes, nobody will hand you a solution to problems. Not sky-daddy, nor humans. Some humans WILL try and help though. The question is will you accept their help?

That being said, all that's left is to a) grab life by the balls and shake something good out of it, or b) give up. If you choose to give up ultimately that is your choice, but remember there is more than just you involved. Like it or not you touch other people's lives too.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Elsewhere I agree with you here:

Please show compassion and understanding toward those who take this option of last resort.

I am impressed by the compassion shown here, Joel is not impressed and thats understandable in view of the way he/she seems to be viewing life at the moment. The thread discussed suicide in general not an attack on those suffering intense physical pain, none of us can say what corse of action we would take until we are in that pain. I have a terminally ill father who only has a 1% lung capacity, its aweful to watch him experiencing a drowning everytime his air cuts off. However he refuses to give up on life because his outlook is that more time spent with those he loves is a bonus, and he treats each day as a gift inspite of his stomach muscles collapsing and physical pain. I would be prepared and totally understand if he took his life, however even doctors said that he is alive simply because he loves other people. He is not thinking of himself in this life and that is a strength beyond what is normal. I share this only to show that the last resort is NOT suicide, it may be chosen as a last resort but sometime suicidle people need to know that it is NOT the last resort, there is always a better way!

In saying that, I do still feel compassion to people who have very painful illness and in no way want to sound as though I'm saying just because one person can choose to live with pain then all must. I dont know if I would want to live with intense pain. However looking at Joels ending message "I am ugly" shows me that it is an emotional illness as well as physical pain (if there is any), Joel can be helped. He/she needs good advice. Joel is within reach of brighter days, its up to him/her to use both hands to get a better outlook.

Brummie

• larc
    larc

Joel, why do you say that your are ugly? What is ugly about you that you are hiding from everyone else? Do you think others know about this ugliness that you are trying to hide? Do you think your friends would care if some aspects of you were ugly? Do you think others may have an ugly, dark side as well, or do you think it is only you who has an ugliness about them?

• butalbee
    butalbee
    They will finally see me without my mask. I'm pretty ugly

Who isn't? Real life isn't pretty, reality of life isn't pretty, living everyday behind a fascade isn't pretty, but being YOURSELF is very pretty. You should take the mask off, and be YOURSELF. You don't need to smile, or pretend to be something you aren't, be YOURSELF, and be happy being YOURSELF. Suicide is not the answer.

People don't like me either, guess what--I don't care, good for them, they're not worth my time anyway.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Now, perhaps you have lost your will to live... if that is what this is about... but have you also lost your will to love?

Joelbear, please call somebody, ANYBODY right now, please...I know we don't know each other..but you can call me if you like

but please don't make such a serious decision when you are in this state.

Like Mulan, I am hoping there is someone nearby that

can go to Joel ASAP.

• joelbear
    joelbear

sigh, another melodrama via Joel.

So many people have worse problems than me.

I'll be fine.

Loveya

Joel

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes, other people may have worse problems, and worse pain, but knowing that doesn't stop your pain.

Please get some help! You are in pain............that is very clear.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I hope you will be fine.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hey, joel!

What is it that is causing you so much pain?

My profession is orthopaedic medicine. Let me know what your condition is, and I may be able to help. Who Knows, eh?

Kind regards

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit