WHY YOU LOVE THIS BOARD

by hamptonite21 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I just found out about this place about two month ago, but I started posting threads only about 10 days ago. This a fun place to say whatever we want, as long as we respect one another. Glad to have you all as friends!

• ugg
    ugg

i love it here because there seems to be alot of people who are a few french fries short of a happy meal.....i am that way so i feel comfortable here....

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome JH ... I'm sorry I don't get to say 'hi' to everyone who joins but I'm happy to have everyone here nonetheless.

I love the board for the mix of people on it. There are some really great, caring people here who are always ready to give a kind word and show empathy to complete strangers.

There are a few idiots from time to time, just as in real life, but we can cope with that.

• breeze
    breeze

I really enjoy the board!! Therapy....

I feel that I have something in common with the others here, and of course I do!

I think I am a little bit betrayed when someone posts thst is not an X-JW. But really I enjoy their input also?

I am learning a lot and I am getting some s eparation from the ORG!

THANKS.....

• dsgal
    dsgal

I love this board because it's where I get my therapeutic treatments for getting over being a jw.After all,how many psychiatrists are ex-jws?

• els
    els

I love this place because there are so many different people here. Individuality was not cherished in the witnesses so we should value it here, even when we don't agree with someone.
    I love this place because I'm not judged here, and I am starting to learn the facts behind what I always felt about the "truth", that it's not the truth at all.
    I love this place because I was very depressed when I came here and now I'm not as much anymore. dsgal said, "how many psychiatrists are X Jw's. I thought about going to a counseler but I didn't really think they would understand. Everyone here understands. els

• shera
    shera

I like it here,for the help it has given me,it sad that people go threw pain and the same problems and feelings.But,to know other people feel the same and go threw the emoutions,is helpful to feel we are not alone.

I have been feeling a little down ,that it seems some people are getting angry and insulting ,to other people over what they believe or feel.I wonder if I should ever express myself..who may attack me for what I choose to believe? That was one reason I left the KH,no more control over what I feel and choose to believe.I like it here but I don't want to feel we are being judged for what we believe.If I don't choose to believe or I think it may be nonsense,I will let the person know I don't agree but I will try my best not to beat that person down.I think we have been beaten down too much.....

Take care all and be happy.Good to have our brains back.....

luvs yahs all

• noidea
    noidea

Don't forget all the hotties!!! Who wouldn't love it for that.

• The_Desert_Fox
    The_Desert_Fox

Its different.

Erwin

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

I love this board for all the friends I made. Now, JW stuff is just part of my past, so I enjoy the social aspects of this site.

That said, I am currently pissed at the amount of politics and back room nonesense that goes on here. I have just recently rediscovered the chat room, and like meeting new people.

Unfortunately, me being in chat unleashed something. I had heard rumors before but this it the first time I have ever been in the midst of the nonesense. A lot of nonesense goes on behind the scenes, in chat, in private chats, in personal phone calls. Much lying and backbiting and game-playing.

I will probably still continue to chat, as it truly is a good place to make friends. But I found out the hard way that it is also a way to get hurt, and to see good friends get hurt as well.

I will have to find a way to enjoy chat, make friends, and somehow avoid the politics.

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit