WHY YOU LOVE THIS BOARD

by hamptonite21 35 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

My comments echo Diamonds. I had no clue as to the number of people thinking and feeling the same things I was (am). I just ask myself, though, how others coped before the internet. It must have been terrible to feel so alone, not knowing of all the others going through the same thing in their own little corners of the globe.

• Buster
    Buster

I have made several 'aquaintances' here and would like to think that they will turn into real friendships over time.

I am impressed with the caliber of some folks - especially in the Research threads. They are kind enough not to beat me up too badly.

I like the shorter, punchier threads. (Deep thoughts make my cheek twitch. If I want fluff, I can talk to my 16-year-old daughter. And I tread lightly around heavy, confrontational ones - I eat too many hamburgers and don't need the blood pressure.)

Edited by - buster on 18 November 2002 15:53:56

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

- great place to 'spress myself.

- never a dull moment.

- learnings galore.

- lotsa laughter (the best medicine and a great abdominal workout ta boot)

SPAZ

• Mac
    Mac

Sassyspaz

you are one of the reasons i love this board (cool poetry, delightful spin)

mac

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

This place is a never-ending sea of stuff to read, and a good choice of topics to join in with. There are so many posters with different interests as well. Its like a big smorgboard with lots of good food.

I post on other boards but if I didn't post here, I probably wouldn't post anywhere at all. I would completely lose interest in discussion boards.

• minimus
    minimus

I will always feel like this board is one big congregation. Every type of personality is here. There are some that you just easily get along with and others that you tend to avoid. It's an open atmosphere, though, and we have to be thankful for our freedom of speech. We still need to be on guard to not abuse that privilege.This group is so varied! And you can always count on those that either enjoy a post or just like to be negative.It's quite the place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit