Russell the messenger

by Beans 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR
    Russell had plenty of "CRAZY" REMARKS HIMSELF.......SUCH AS FALSE PROPHESYING.....REMEMBER?

Hmmm, I don't remember. can you enlighten me, and please don't quote others quoting others who quote others who quote others.

As to "False Prophecying?" I don't remember any. He never claimed anything of his own, he simply attempted to INTERPRET what the Scriptures already stated. There's a difference .

RR

• gumby
    gumby

Why bother....your right ...he was a real trooper......a real IMPORTANT dude.God must have used him and then decide to start a wicked cult that would follow......or did satan do that?

RR, you seem awful fond of the man. I suppose I could look into just his "stuff' and see what good I can pull out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The two most prominient messengers, are the first and the last - St. Paul and Pastor Russell .

: Is this guy whacked or what! He also considered himself as the Laodicean Messenger.

Forget all the other comments. If Chuck is to be held in the same league as "St." Paul (another scumbag) one need look no further than Jesus words which (paraphrased) says "If you don't take care of your own, you are a DipFuck." (As I said, it is paraphrased. Liberally.)

The truth is, Chuck tried to force Maria into poverty by withholding his Court-ordered alimony. Then, he further showed what a scumbag he was by getting the thousands of dollars in back alimony from his little Cult!

"Prominent Messenger," my ass. Chuck Russell was a scumbag, just like all of those WTS leaders who followed him.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 17 December 2002 23:50:20

• RR
    RR
    Why bother....your right ...he was a real trooper......a real IMPORTANT dude.God must have used him and then decide to start a wicked cult that would follow......or did satan do that?

We could say the same about Jesus and his followers, can't blame Him for what others have done in his name, any comparison between Russell and the Witnesses is apples and oranges.

RR, you seem awful fond of the man. I suppose I could look into just his "stuff' and see what good I can pull out.

I am VERY fond of the man, he's the reason why I left the Witnesses and became a Bible Student.

RR

• gumby
    gumby

I understand your feeling RR,

When I was going to church I felt the Pastor of that church was a man who was intrested in what the scriptures meant and didn't care what anyone else thought. I know Russell was an eager man who searched for truth .......as many others do.

He however made the topic of hellfire and those who believed and taught it were worthy of the extreme exposer he gave it. He was like the rest......he saw the truth of a matter and condemed those who believed contrary......he preached AGAINST them, and felt HIS way as more proper.......the same as other leaders do.

The gnostics of Jesus day and many years before Jesus.......believed a persons relationship with God was a private matter and welcomed all with varying ideas on how they attained that relationship. It was a mystery.....spiritual.

People like Russell and ALL other LEADERS have brought down Jesus main teaching of love for God and fellowman, to doctrinal belief as an important issue. They all believe in the end, that some type of heirarchy is ordained by God to lead others to truth and that certain beliefs in the scriptures is neccesary for one to have Gods full approval..

• RR
    RR
    People like Russell and ALL other LEADERS have brought down Jesus main teaching of love for God and fellowman, to doctrinal belief as an important issue.

Perhaps you need to read the Gospel accounts again, where Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day for their beliefs and practices. The Apostles themselves did the same thing. People today want to only focus on "love, love, love," but they forget all the other sayings of our Lord.

They all believe in the end, that some type of heirarchy is ordained by God to lead others to truth and that certain beliefs in the scriptures is neccesary for one to have Gods full approval..

You confused Russell with the GB, All Russell had was a publishing house, it was the Judge who converted it into an mirrir image of the Catholic Church.

RR

• larc
    larc

RR, you say that all Russell attempted to do was interprete scripture. Couldn't that be said of any religious leader? Isn't it true that Russell named many dates from 1879 onward, not just 1914?

• RR
    RR

Yes he "named" many dates, but these dates were named from hindsight, meaning he simply stated which prophecies had been fulfilled.

• larc
    larc

RR, he named some from foresight, ahead of time, not after the fact.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

RR,

I have a question....do the bible students believe they could i nterpret the bible on thier own.....or do they feel they could not understand it without Russell' help?

Also, do you except his pyrimidology as an exceptable guild?

Just wondering...Thank-you RR

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit