If You were God?

by Mr Spock 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

If You were God what would you have done differently? I think I would have forgiven Adam and Eve and the last six thousand years would have been a cakewalk.. I wouldn't have had to send down my son to be nailed to a tree and die a horrible death. I also would have been much more clear in what I expext of my creation, maybe write a book that could be understood by anyone..Maybe I would have sent some of my angels down to the Babylonians when they were throwing babies in the fire as sacrifices to say DON'T DO THAT!! I could go on and on but I'd like some other input.

• LB
    LB

Well if we plan to go by traditional beliefs I think I'd say if I were God I wouldn't punish relatives for what happened a hundred generations ago.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well, if we assume that things went like the Bible says it did then I'd change a lot as God. First of all, I never would've allowed angelic contact with humans. I also wouldn't have put weird restrictions against Adam and Eve (like not being able to eat from a specific tree). It seems like those two things caused way more trouble than necessary. I also wouldn't be so mysterious! Why can't he just talk to us one on one? Why did he rely on imperfect humans to pass on his word over a thousands years and not expect us to alter it somewhat.

'Course, I'm not so sure there is a God so it doesn't matter anyway, huh?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

I would have caused mankind to become extinct rather than the dinosaur. The earth would then be a better place than it is today.

IW

• breeze
    breeze

BREEZE the Godlike....I didn't think you would ever ask.....??

I would have made my intentions clear from the very beginning. By waiting for years to start a book and then stretching the writing over several hundred years, brings all kinds of doubt and questions.

I would have handed Adam a clear cut rulebook and just what I expected of him?

I love the plan laid out by the org for the new system and all of its good, but why let things get so screwed up? I would have destroyed Satan on the spot of the first sign that he was a problem, and then the lesson would have been learned from that day on don't mess with me?

Remember the account when they were moving the ARK of the covenant and some bystander touched it and died instantly, that is the way God / Breeze would deal with things like child abuse etc. Swift justice.....no waiting!!

See I am only about a 135 IQ and it is pretty simple, YES?

A neat package, is that God is resting during the seventh creative day. This scenario is just so very packaged with all of the org's theory that I just don't buy it, sorry?

BREEZE

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

I would create a rock too heavy for myself to lift.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I must be God. He does nothing and so do I.

Ken P.

• Mum
    Mum

If I were god / God, I would be an atheist.

• Mac
    Mac

IF??????????????????????????????/

mac

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL mac.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit