None of your business

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Sure did feel like a 4-door was supposed to be their form of transport. Thing was I should have put a taxi sign on the top, and a meter inside, I bet no one would have asked for a ride then.

• gumby
    gumby

I always had a Witnessmobile......we were shinning examples!

How I wish I could go back in time for some moments to do things different. I would purposely buy a 2 door and when anyone made a comment I would say...."I bought a 2 door so when you ALL pitch-in for gas....it won't cost as much"

BTW...I think the 41 years I spent as a dub, I can remember only one time anyone pitched in for gas and I think that contribution was a whole dollar! JW's....the tightest, deep-pocketed bunch of people on the planet.

• shera
    shera

I remember hearing people talk about having two doors and four doors in cars.I payed no attetion to that stuff.When I reading the stories here,it sounds so pathic.I can recall this one family had to buy a new car and it was a two door,they apoligized to me because they had a two door.I looked at them and told them,I don't care....I really didn't pay attention at the meetings.Perhaps that was a good thing.

• blondie
  • Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi! JH, We had a brother use a motorcycle,parked it in the K.H.;lot.So,at least two publishers could go in the field service at one time.Him and the coolest sister.When the elders frowned on this ,he showed them a WT. article about the brothers using the motorcycle in the field around the world including Circuit Overseers.Maybe if it was equipped with a sidecar one of the elders could of went along.Well it wasn't long after that ,the elders told him it didn't look good and set a bad example in spite of the article showed to them.So, he no longer parked it in the KH.lot.Just outside,soonafter that he left the congregation.Blueblades

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

gumby,

I think the jw mentality about expenses, can be summed up by group think. 'We all have to go out in service, buy the literature, contribute to the KH, so why should I help another member, nobody ever offered to help me'.

Thus ***the tightest, deep-pocketed bunch of people on the planet***

The circular reasoning required to buy the jw message, allows them to ignore common courtesy.

The CO's and DO's are master's at the self deluding thought process. They jump at every opportunity to take from anyone, or anybody, no matter the person's standing in or out of the organization. Duplicitious and arrogant attitude of 'you have it, so it is god's will that you share it with me'.

These men and women are groomed from early on in they'er pioneering career's to adopt this 'begging mentality'. They have no qualms or pangs of distress to practice this begging to the hilt!

The stingy bastards!

Danny

• onacruse
    onacruse

My pioneer car was a 2-door Renault Dauphine, 30-hp engine. I had to take out the back seat so I could shove the driver's seat back far enough to fold in my lanky 6'-6" body.

Needless to say, nobody wanted to go out in service using my car. BUT, I was headed for Bethel, so guess what? I was respected for driving that piece of crap, and just used everybody else's car.

No donations from me for gas, of course, because...again...I was headed for Bethel!!!

Now I dream of Katie and me touring the countryside in a Corvette.

Craig

• LB
    LB

So ya think I started some gossip when I showed up at the hall in my vette? One brother who really wanted to become an elder ended up selling his vette. He never took it to the hall like I did but everyone knew he had it. Once it was sold, he became and elder shortly afterwards.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Blondie! Nice "Bird" ya' got there. Mine is similar, but white in color. I left it back in the USA when I moved here to Japan. My brother is keeping it in storage for me. (I guess I can always use it when I visit the relatives or sell it if I run out of money).

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

My pioneer mother counsled my wife and myself on buying a 2 door car. How are you going to take anyone out in service in that. My point exactly!!

Diamond

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit