None of your business

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Being a Jehovah Witness, did you feel obliged to have a 4 door car? Once I bought a 2 door car, and everyone was looking at me as if I commited a crime. I then reasoned with them saying, "didn't Jesus send his deciples by groups of 2?". They answerd yes, so I said, "well thats why I bought a 2 door car!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Good answer to their dumb ass questions and looks. I saw that all the time, people talking about having a good service car, or out shopping for one that would be perfect for service. People who bought vans were praised even more. I never bought into that; I would just show up in my 2 door Porche, and then get looks also for being materialistic. Oh well.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

One of the worst offenders in our congregation (remember not to think more of yourself than was necessary? this guy thought enough of himself for all of us combined) drove a poptop, cherrie red, two seater mazda with vanity plates and parked in the handicapped spot. He just laughed at those show smirked and said "So ...you like my Showy Display?"

• scumrat
    scumrat

I was looked down on for having a truck. But then they started asking me to help them move stuff !!!! Bunch of MORONS

• maxwell
    maxwell

Yes I did. I remember that for both of the cars I bought, I always looked for 4 door cars. The second car I bought was a 88 Honda Civic. There was another one in better condition for the same price but with two doors. It had a great sound system, but I turned it down and went looked til I found a 4-door. I was glad to sell my car once I left. The only thing I used it for was field service and meetings.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

LOL it's the old service car question. Yep, I got nailed on that one. I bought a two-door Eagle Talon with a stick and a sunroof and got the "Well, that's not a very appropriate car for service" speech (to which I retorted "Well, that's good, because I have no intention of driving it in service."), along with the "women who drive fast cars are as fast as the cars they drive" speech.

So I ditched the org and kept the car.It was the best trade I ever made.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    So I ditched the org and kept the car.It was the best trade I ever made

LOL, I love it.

Robyn

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I remember talking to my parents about what kind of car I wanted to buy, and them cautioning me against two door sportscars...yes, those two doors are the gateway to hell...uh huh.

• Mary
    Mary

I heard a two-door car is the first step on the road to apostacy ...............A snotty-nosed MS actually said something to me about a year ago (I have a two-door car), about how it "wasn't a good service car" and "when was I getting a 4 door car?" I looked at him and said "bite my ass." We weren't at the Hall and no one else heard so I was safe (giggle).........

What total assholes.....I actually know a brother who is married and has ONE kid. They got a van so they could cart everyone around in Service on Saturdays...........I guess Jehovah didn't bless his efforts though, because the bank repossed it, cause he couldn't keep up the payments.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I had just bought a new Ford T-Bird (2 door model, or course) back in 1992. I took it with me to an "upbuilding association" gathering. After, I showed the friends my new car. The first comment I heard was from a young pioneer MS who was eager beaver to become an elder.

He annouced in an obviously loud manner: "Not a very theocratic car!!"

(P.S. = He drove an old clunker and had to always ask others for a ride to the assemblies and field service. ~ SPONGE!!)

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit