Hairy Porter and the Chamber of Demons

by comforter 49 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Hey there Scumforter...speaking of the "chamber of demons"...How are the old farts in Brooklyn doing these days?

-BONEZZ

• comforter
    comforter

maybe nothing won't happen to you, meta. that dont mean spiritism is allright. satan already got ya when you think it coposetic. even if no bad effects come to peeps from esp and all that stuff, it still wrong cause of its origins and objectives. plus, God's Bible forbids witchcraft.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

now that i'm a betting person.

I bet there are good little witness kids that sneak off and see this kind of stuff.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

My DH and I are going tonight to see Chamber of Secrets - can't wait! My kids are staying with my parents, just because I think the movie is a little too intense for them and and too long for them to sit still through the whole thing. We bought the original on DVD and they love it, but we can stop it for potty breaks when necessary. I wish they were old enough to read the books.

Comforter - how exactly do you think that your mishmash of kindergarten grammer is going to inspire anyone to take anything you have to say seriously? What you DON'T know about witchcraft could fill an ocean and what you DON'T know about the Bible could likely fill all of them.

Silverleaf

• comforter
    comforter

silver

you half right. captain nemo dont know much about spiritism. cuz the bible injunctions him to be a babe as to badness. but the captain know his bible. you know good and well that the bible speaks against witches and magic.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I think that instead of seeing Harry Potter, maybe I'll sit around with all the old Watchtower pubs that advocated astrology, pyramidology, phrenology and other forms of occultism. Then, for kicks, maybe I'll re-read Darek Barefoot's book, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Hour of Darkness, about all the demonic images hidden in the various WT publications during the 1980's and 90's. Then I'll look up in the Revelation book one more time - the part about how the organization gets communications from the dead.

And since the organization gets its "new light" from angels...well, maybe I'll try to figure out just what kind of angels give them all those dates for Armageddon that don't come true.

See? You don't need to go to the movies to see a fantasy about the occult and spiritism, you can get the real thing right at home in your Watchtower publications!!

Edited by - NeonMadman on 15 November 2002 11:53:33

Edited by - NeonMadman on 15 November 2002 11:55:48

• Celia
    Celia

Comfy :

What about Snow White ? Sleeping Beauty ? Beauty and the Beast ? The Little Mermaid ? Cinderella ? The Wizard of Oz ? Pinocchio ? Magic in all of these too ! What are your kids allowed to read and watch ?

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I believe there is a place for fantasy in our lives. Witches/Wizards/Magic are not real. They are an illusion painted by the human imagination.

I always felt that the miracles of Moses/Jesus etc were pretty cool and smacked of magic. They were performed for the good of mankind? Surely. So if wee Harry Potter uses his powers for good, then what is the difference? They both make great stories and both fill people with hope and warm tingles.

Better than beating yourself around the brain with images of doom & gloom and mass destruction all day. Harmless escapism.

I'm sure Mr Comforter sees my words as Satans' great plan though. I would have too years ago, before I decided to reason for myself and not have others reason for me.

As has already been stated - it is a matter of conscience - pure and simple.

• troucul
    troucul

While it may be true there's nothing in the magazines about Harry Potter, I can guarantee that there's a few renegade C. O.'s and D. O.'s counciling congregations to 'use discernment' . Some I bet, are saying don't go at all. Assholes.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Harry Potter is all about family, friendship, good morals, love and loyalty to friends. Oh, and they do celebrte Christmas... No wonder why the WT don't want you to see it.

So what about Mickey mouse?? Freakin' talking mouse hast to be possesed by satan!!! And how about that Bugs Bunny, or the Little mermaid, or Cinderela , Alf, Jeeny...

Get a grip!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit