name your addiction

by Vivamus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm making it official. I'm addicted! Someone once said to me that admitting it is solving half of the problem, and I can live with the other half... lol. I'm addicted to cigarettes. Damn. I started when my grandma got sick. Smoking got me through the nights that I stayed by her side. [I didn't smoke in the room, don't worry, just stepped outside, mostly in the rain, and smoked. It got me through the days when I needed to arrange things, watch her getting sicker and sicker. Smoked a dozen cigs on her funeral to keep me calm enough so that I could speak. And by now, I just need them. It keeps me calm. So... name your addiction, and how you started it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Chocolate. Seriously. I think it's because as a child, my father never let me eat candy. It was an indulgence of course, but I remember sneaking candy at friends because I couldn't have it at home. I can't remember the last day where I didn't partake of chocolate. Today, I stave off my chocolate habit by eating those chocolate flavored calcium chews from Viactiv. It cures my "fix" and makes my bones strong. (I can justify any chocolate though! Heehee!)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I smoke... same as u Viv... speaking of which my Misty Menthol Light is SCREAMING my name. See ya!

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It's gotta be Chocolate. I even have a friend at work making me some low/no Carb chocolate brownies. I guess he thought I needed them when he saw me eating the Chocolate powder from a "no sugar added" hot chocolate package.

• pandora
    pandora

I just quit smoking. I'm in need of a new addiction and don't really want it to be chocolate. Any suggestions??

-P(J)

• mouthy
    mouthy

FREECELL!!! I just love it. I used to smoke 2 packs a day of cigerettes( no filters) I thank the Watch Tower for quitting- I had to quit to get baptised-the hardest thing i ever did.

But when I saw my hubby die-( from lung cancer ) I was glad I quit( O.K. dont throw stones at me you two-----I dont want to make you feel guilty( much)

It doesnt stop you from going to heaven just smells like you have been to hell.((((hug)))

• blondie
    blondie

Food--especially carbohydrates and sweets--my trigger food. A hangover from my abusive childhood.

Blondie (FPA)

A recovering heroin addict told me it was easier to quit heroin than cigarettes for her. Probably because it is easier to smoke in public than shoot up, I would think.

Easier to eat than smoke which is why I think some people gain weight after quitting cigarettes. Just exchanging one oral fixation for another.

• Nordic
    Nordic

COCA -COLA.

• Undecided
    Undecided

This darn computer. I sit in front of it for hours. I love to work on it, play card games on it, visit this forum, read email, play music and video .........

Ken P.

• LB
    LB

boobies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit