Cecil the Lion deserved what he got...That's right. I said it.

by cappytan 38 Replies latest social humour

• cappytan
    cappytan

Lions are notorious murderers of beautiful Zebras, antelope and other graceful exotic animals. Cecil probably contributed to the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of animals.

What happened to him was Justice.

You reap what you sow. Right fellas?

• galaxie
    galaxie
    The lion kills to naturally sustain itself, it does not consider its prey to be exotic. The hunter on the other other hand has killed this animal as a trophy of sport. I wonder how the person who did this would feel if his life was at risk by being seen as an object of sport?
  • DJS
    DJS

Cap,

I don't know about that, but there is a certain dentist in MN who would look fabulous on a wall somewhere.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I have a dislike for trophy hunters who go all over the place getting their rocks off by killing animals with high powered rifles at a distance and then bringing the heads back and hanging them on their walls as though there is supposed to be some glory in it. That's just me though. I'll bet every thing that that lion killed he ate. I guess that is what is called the circle of life.
  • Prefect
    Prefect

cappytan

NO.

Cecil the lion did not hunt Zebras and Antelope with a Crossbow and Shotgun.

He stalked prey to feed himself and offspring.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Personally, I prefer a moose head on a wall opposed to a necklace of human ears.....

"Did you hate that moose?"

anyone?...Bueller?...

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Psssssst. Hey guys. This is under the "HUMOR" section. ;-)
  • Angharad
    Angharad

I don't know if you are serious or if this is your attempt at humor but it's ridiculous to compare nature to some asshole whose warped idea of entertainment is to go out and kill something beautiful for "sport". Trophy hunters are pathetic sad little people

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lions kill zebras and antelopes. It's the circle of life, the law of the jungle, etc.

If the villagers killed the lion to save their livestock, that's one thing.

If dentists from Minnesota needed to kill lions and eat the meat or else wither and die, that's another thing.

But he neither needed to kill the lion nor even ate the meat. He killed an endangered animal for sport. I would give the same answer for animals that are not endangered. In the United States, hunt down a Labrador Retriever and shoot it for sport and see what kind of hate mail you get.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Cecil the lion did not hunt Zebras and Antelope with a Crossbow and Shotgun.
    He stalked prey to feed himself and offspring.

His teeth and claws are just as deadly as a Crossbow.

:-P

I'm kidding, folks. Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit