Cecil the Lion deserved what he got...That's right. I said it.

by cappytan 38 Replies latest social humour

• Angharad
    Angharad
    This is under the "HUMOR" section

Well that doesn't automatically make it funny

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Psssssst. Hey guys. This is under the "HUMOR" section.

Cappytan I know sarcasm alert! Everyone. LOL

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    ''did he hate that lion?''
  • Angharad
    Angharad
    He stalked prey to feed himself and offspring.

Yes, and to make this even more tragic his cubs are likely to be killed now as another male will come in and take over the pride

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I have a lot of experience working with animals both wild and domestic. I've hunted and killed lots of wild animals in my life, and I've slaughtered lots of domesticated animals too, in most cases for food. I've killed animals in self-defense and in defense of other prey animals. I've also done a fair amount of what I consider to be mercy killing of animals. An animal who's outlived its useful life or is suffering deserves, from my human perspective, to rest and to meet that rest with as little suffering as possible. I do not hunt for trophies or sport. For me killing is about food or mercy, and in some cases defense.

Killing is not usually a pretty thing. For anyone who's not used to it, it can be nauseating to think of. I doubt the hunter in this case intended for the animal (Cecil the lion) to suffer for nearly two days before he dispatched it, but that sometimes happens. I don't see anyone throwing rocks at the American Indians' historical practice of taking large animals with bow and arrow, and some of those animals took weeks to die. That said, illegal killing is despicable and should be dealt with accordingly. I don't know who broke the law in this instance, if anyone did. But if someone did break the law then they should suffer the consequence.

When it comes to hunting for sport, ironically in nature I find the cat family to be notorious at killing for the sport. I see it all the time, even among domesticated cats I see it. Often I've seen cats prey on and capture animals to do nothing but kick the critter around until it ultimately is dispatched. Not to humanize it, but from a human perspective it looks like entertainment. Nature is brutal.

• Prefect
    Prefect

I did not notice that this topic was under the Humour section.

Not funny for poor old Cecil. RIP.

• jonza
    jonza
    Marvin, the reason cats 'play' with their prey is they are actually trying to find the perfect opportunity to make the kill. Mice bites can often infect and kill a cat, so it's actually a protective instinct for the cat.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Lions used to be called "Ghost"... or "Darkness".

Now they're called Cecil...wtf?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin, the reason cats 'play' with their prey is they are actually trying to find the perfect opportunity to make the kill. Mice bites can often infect and kill a cat, so it's actually a protective instinct for the cat.

The bite of any critter can cause lethal infection (including cats). So what? Cat's don't know much about biology.

I've seen cats in the wild tinker with wounded birds, snakes (venomous and non-venomous), dogs, fish, rabbits, squirrels, fawns, cats (kittens in particular) and other animals. I've watched these episodes last sometimes for hours, and sometimes the prey animal is left to die on its own without the cat taking flesh to eat. Nature is brutal.

• prologos
    prologos

or a necklace of human ears.....

TTWSYF

or a bucket of 200 foreskins, do not forget David* "a man according to "jehovah's" heart" a trophy hunter of humans.

* A collector of other men's trophy wives too. and

Who would want to have a root canal by a man who drills lions, other animals with arrows, bullets? without anesthesia ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit