I always disagreed with ....

by fulano 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

disfellowshipping on smoking.

Especially smoking a cigar from time to time does not have to be harmfull. But I personally have disfellowshipped persons for smoking sigarettes, although I never saw a good biblical base.I mean ..how many filthy fat friends did we have, addicted to sugar, carbs, and you just knew they were going to have health-problems sooner or later. Now I smoke cigars, maybe one good Cuban a day, and I am slim, active and can run 10 miles without any problems.

Who had the same doubts about this dogma??

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well sex is better for you than smoking but I guess you personally disfellowshipped people for sex?

• gumby
    gumby

I have never known a person DFed for Gluttony, yet according to the bible it is grounds for shunning.

If a person was summoned for a judicial meeting because he admitted smoking a cigar....just one time......and said he wasn't sorry......he would be DFed. What a wicked evil man!

• out4good3
    out4good3
    I have never known a person DFed for Gluttony, yet according to the bible it is grounds for shunning.

My guess is that they justify obesity my attributing it to a possible genetic defect. They always have an excuse for everything.

• gumby
    gumby

" We have an announcment to make at this time........sister so and so has been disfellowshipped for eating like a pig and becoming obese".

• larc
    larc

A long time ago, smoking was OK. After all, Rutherford smoked cigars. Later, it was frowned upon, but not a disfellowshipping offense. My mother was a very zealous Witness and smoked, though never in front of the friends. Then, smoking became a disfellowshipping offense. My mother was unable to quit and was disfellowshipped. She never quit believing, even though she never went to meetings after that. How sad.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Larc wrote:

After all, Rutherford smoked cigars.

Larc, how do you know this? Do you have any proof? Could you share it?

gb

• LB
    LB

An obese person isn't going to damage anyone's health except their own. By blowing your nasty smoke around you are damaging lots of peoples health. Smoking is one of the more selfish habits.

There are many obese people that don't have a choice about that. It can very well be a genetic trait. This has been proven. But sticking that nasty smelly crap in your mouth is a choice and you impose it on everyone around you.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

What about if you take a nice country stroll, smoke a nice cigar alone and then dispose of the evidence in a clean way?

Also, some fat people really stink and smog out the bus service. I find that quite offensive.

By the way, I don't smoke, but used to smoke spliff and often quite miss it.

• Celia
    Celia

LB, you are one of my favorite posters on this board, always like your answers to questions and discussions...

There are many obese people that don't have a choice about that. It can very well be a genetic trait. This has been proven.

I do not agree with that ! Keep 100 really obese people in a "camp" (nice camp, mind you, with jacuzzi, sauna, swimming pool, massage, gym, movie theater, etc) and feed them only 1000 calories a day (good food, grains, salads, grilled chicken and fish, fruit...) How many of them will still be obese after one year in that "camp" ? They will all have lost a lot of weight... We're getting fat because we eat too much, we eat junk and we don't move enough...

Edited by - Celia on 14 November 2002 11:43:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit