Uh Oh...I think I love my daughter's boyfriend!!

by Beck_Melbourne 29 Replies latest social family

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

This is a follow up thread to my previous thread entitled "Should the boyfriend sleep over"
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35891&site=3

Its been a couple of months since I threw out the question about what you all thought about my 17 year old daughter's boyfriend sleeping over. Well the latest is, he has been staying over at least once a week, sometimes twice, and she sometimes stays at his house. What bought us to this decisions was a combination of things which included meeting his parents and agreeing with them that we're all comfortable with it so long as they sleep in their own separate quarters. We are in agreement and so he has his room, she has hers at our house and his.

My problem now is that I have fallen in love with this boy...what if they break up??? I would be devastated!! He's good TO my daughter, and he's good FOR my daughter. They are happy together, they laugh, play and cry together...they are best friends and are inseparable. They have a joint mobile phone account, they have exchanged rings (not mobile ring tones LOL), they practically own each other. But they are both only 17 years old...and at that age, they are so volatile when it comes to love and committment.

Meanwhile as each day goes by he is becoming a member of our family more and more. He will often come into the kitchen to see me and have a chat, he has terrific manners and shows us a lot of respect. I will often ruffle his hair with affection when I walk past him, or insist that my daughter put something special in his lunch in the mornings. When I do this my daughter says 'I swear you spoil that boy mum' LOL....but I think I spoil all my kids.

So for the latest update, I would like to say that everything is working out okay. But I love him and want him to stay and I don't want them to ever break up. I am so selfish. Here's a recent pic of them together, they are so darn cute:

~Beck~

• LB
    LB

I felt that way about my son's wife a few years ago. Things change. I wish he never met her. Sooo, at age 17, they are both going to change, perhaps in different directions.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL Beck, they even favor each other in looks. I hope they last too, they make a nice looking couple.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Sooo, at age 17, they are both going to change,

This is true. It is always better to be prepared for these changes then to think that they will never happen.

~Beck~

ps...thank you lilacs, they look lovely together. Andy said my problem is that I want the kids to have the fairy tale life I never had...maybe this is the case.

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 12 November 2002 23:10:1

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Memories and first loves you never forget. Break ups are a part of growing.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Break ups are a part of growing

I know

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Beck,

Your daughter's baseball cap say's it all. Hope, maybe.

If anything may thier time together, and your kind hospitality to him, display for your daughter, that intimate contact with the opposite sex, does not have to have dirty overtones.............the jw way of keeping youth apart, just ain't working!

I like your way better.

Danny

• JT
    JT
    so long as they sleep in their own separate quarters

this is funny- either you are pulling our leg or you got your EYES WIDE SHUT, but he is banging your daughter lady, but i guess you knew that or then again maybe you don't think so , but if i was a betting man, my money is on HE IS TAPPING IT OUT

• avishai
    avishai

If they ever break up, it does'nt mean you have to stop being friends w/ him. I've remained friends w/ the parents of a couple of ex girlfriends, much to the chagrin of one of them

• Funchback
    Funchback

I think I'm in love with Beck's daughter's MOM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit