Uh Oh...I think I love my daughter's boyfriend!!

by Beck_Melbourne 29 Replies latest social family

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    either you are pulling our leg or you got your EYES WIDE SHUT

Yeah I'm pulling your leg ya great big buffhead LOL.

If you'd read the preceeding thread sweetheart you would see that I know they are having sex, good grief I put the girl on the pill fer chrissakes. But they do not have sex with my consent under my roof...and so that means I choose to turn a blind eye if they are sneaking across from room to room. If they are still together when she is 18, I will take down the 'his room' 'her room' signs. I gave my word to his mother that he would be provided with a bed in another room...she gave me her word that my daughter would sleep in his sister's room. We are comfortable with this decision...though we are old enough to know they are sneaking across the hallway. Should I try and stop them?? Or should I ban the boyfriend and they sneak around and do it in unsafe places and make it sleezy? Bah!

but if i was a betting man, my money is on HE IS TAPPING IT OUT

What is tapping it out? Same thing as banging? Its not quite what it seems...my daughter is the dominant one and the aggressor...she is more likey the one to be tapping it out.

~Beck~

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I have a real fondness for my son's girlfriend and my daughter's ex-boyfriend (gasp...yes, the JW boy). I just like to think my kids have picked great people to share their life, even if only for a while.

Beck, if he is a great kid, and he is good for and to your daughter, how could you not like him? If and when they break up, it will be hard on you, too, as they move on.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Oh welcome back Funch, where ya been?? I see you are still the notorious flirt of the forum

~Beck~ *insert pinching Funch on butt smiley here*

ps to add: Thanks concerned mama, I have watched my babies grow into children and the children grow into young adults and soon these young adults will grown into older adults. No matter what phase we enter, I'll always be the nurturer

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 13 November 2002 0:30:49

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Beck,

....and soon we'll be dead.

One slight drawback to your hypothesis.....

Pope

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    ....and soon we'll be dead.

Pushing up daisies is still nurturing

~Beck~

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Seventeen years old?

Your being a bit unrealistic if you expect such young romance to last forever.

Have they even finished high school yet?

While that may not be entirely relevant, it does demonstrate the fact that they are far too inexperienced and far too young to be able to concretely say or show that a lifelong commitment is possible.

Christ, at that age they have not even discovered themselves yet, much less to know for sure what they desire or need in a partner.

While I admire your thoughts Beck, I personally believe you are just being idealistic because right now you see it as being good for your daughter, and you only want the best for her.

Time has a way of changing things.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Your being a bit unrealistic if you expect such young romance to last forever.

Yes I know....there is more to life then their new romance....they still don't know what careers they want...and NO they haven't finished high school yet...next year is their last year. I don't know what is the right thing to do or the best thing to do....its all a learning experience for me at the moment. Thank you for your input Reborn, I always value your comments.

~Beck~

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LOL

Beck, hon, let it go. As a daughter I tell you this, we always do it our way, if at one point we start to dislike a cartain guy, there is no way that mum is going to ba able to change our minds.

But they are a cute couple.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Beck,

What a cute couple. There is nothing quite as sweet as first love.

Your daughter's boyfriend seems like a great guy. No wonder you love him.

Robyn

• SYN
    SYN

Beck, you could solve your little problem by keeping the boyfriend in YOUR bedroom at night. Then you know he's not "sneaking down the hallway"!

Edited to add: OOOEr, just remembered that Beck is married...well it could still work!

Edited by - SYN on 13 November 2002 5:22:30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit