Uh Oh...I think I love my daughter's boyfriend!!

by Beck_Melbourne 29 Replies latest social family

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Beck,

I have to say I agree with everything Reborn said,

HOWEVER

I know a surprising (surprising to me, anyway) number of couples who are happiliy married to their high school sweethearts for 20 plus years. This includes both of my husbands sisters. As I'm not JW, early marriages were discouraged, and in most of the cases, the parents tried to have the kids wait till they had at least finished their first degree...so about age 22 or so. Some people find the right person early in their life, and grow up, and grow closer together. It wouldn't have been the right thing for me at all, but for these others, it obviously can work.

edited for grammer

Edited by - concerned mama on 13 November 2002 10:19:10

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Beck think your doing the right thing, for the naysayers, what would you rather them do, go have sex in a car? The get caught by the police? Teens have sex, that's a fact, period, the only real thing you can do, is educate them, so they don't end up knocked up, or knock someone up.

• Xena
    Xena

Beck whether they break up or stay together, you my friend, are raising a daughter who will have her head on straight when it comes to relationships and who will always feel comfortable coming to her mother with her problems.

BRAVO!

BTW does he have a brother????

• troucul
    troucul

I was going to crack a joke but SYN beat me to it...The title of the thread threw me off, I was waiting for some juicy stuff!!!

• rem
    rem

JT,

You always crack me up, man! LOL I was ROTFLMAO!!!

rem

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Nothing sweeter than the memories of a first love..........*sigh*

• not interested
    not interested

this has me thiking o fa old BonJovi song "never say goodbye"

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Its been good reading everyone's thoughts and comments...we are a mixed group of individuals from different backgrounds...so everyone's input is kindly received.

I'm lucky enough to have great kids, and now a new friend of theirs is also part of the family who is also a great kid, could I get any luckier??

If they break up, I'll deal with it, and my daughter will deal with it - like you all have said, that's life. If they choose to stay together for years to come, then I hope those years are happy ones.

Thanks one and all...and ewwww at your suggestion SYN LOL. It works for some older women, but really...ewwwww!! LOL

~Beck~

• kelpie
    kelpie

Beck

I have heard of childhood sweet hearts lasting... They seem very happy and in love..... Lets hope they can work out any issue they come up against...

Keep smiling

Kelps

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Beck,

I know what you mean. My daughter just married a sweetheart of a guy a couple of months ago. She's only 18 and in her first year of college, but what the hay, she's going to do what she wants, and she couldn't have picked a nicer guy.I'm not going to spend my time worrying about what's going to happen five years down the road, I'd rather enjoy watching them find happiness with each other now. Que Sera, Sera like the song says.

I'm more worried about my dad. I just love my step mom to pieces, and my dad is not one to keep a marriage together. I've told everyone that if they break up, my step mom gets custody of me:)

My grandparents got married when my grandma was seventeen, and they've been together for seventy years! She has the same worries about spouses breaking up that we do, though. But she maintained strong ties with my mother even after my parents split, so it can be done.

(And hey, what's the matter with the back seat, anyway;0 Just "park that car well outta sight."hehheh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit